Eminem (What happened)

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
I have just been listening to Murder Murder, a track that came out a long while ago now, and then just seen the video for ass like that on tv, and it just got me thinking how shit this track was, and recently eminem has not really came out with anything good.

Murder murder is a million times better than ass like that and most of his last 5 years of music. Any one else agree, eminems style changed for the worst.

But then again, his sales are so high, but i guess youngsters, and this modern generation never heard infinite or his unreleased stuff. So people could argue that his new stuff is better.

thats what i think anyways, whats your thoughts!!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
jasedwads said:
I have just been listening to Murder Murder, a track that came out a long while ago now, and then just seen the video for ass like that on tv, and it just got me thinking how shit this track was, and recently eminem has not really came out with anything good.

Murder murder is a million times better than ass like that and most of his last 5 years of music. Any one else agree, eminems style changed for the worst.

But then again, his sales are so high, but i guess youngsters, and this modern generation never heard infinite or his unreleased stuff. So people could argue that his new stuff is better.

thats what i think anyways, whats your thoughts!!

He has moved on from the punchline humerous rap of his earlier year. While I don't like his newer music he has improved as an artist and at least made an effort to evolve. However I think his lack of hunger has effected his material.

He still drops a good 16 now and then. They tend to be on guest appearances. I loved the Underground Em. The SSLP Em. And the MMLP Em. I appreciate Infinite Em, but he isn't particularly interesting on that album. A few tracks are decent though.

He is still a wicked MC, great lyrics, flow and storytelling. And he's had a good amount of success. But now is his time to stop releasing albums and stick to guesting and improving his production.

KO

I think hes just become a bit bored of solo albums, the guy is an amazin MC tho even if he doesnt drop another LP hell go down in hip hop history as a legend

FroDawgg

^^^encore wasn't a bad album...it may not be up to the standards of you guys or the bar he set with his other albums, but it is still IMO an amazing album

Rock

The only thing that sucks about his old music is that alot of times he can't flow on bar if you get what I'm saying

it reminds me of Ice Cube, he was great for a few solo's as is Em, but then the money got to big and he had everything he needed and got bored, therefore nothing to rap about. i agree with FroDawgg also, 'encore' wasn't that bad of an album, but when u compare it to Em's previous albums it fails to compare, but if 'encore' was a new rappers debut album, i think people would be beggin for more shit from that artist

AmerikazMost

FroDawgg said:
^^^encore wasn't a bad album...it may not be up to the standards of you guys or the bar he set with his other albums, but it is still IMO an amazing album
minus 3 or 4 songs, encore sucked

i think em lost his fire.. he seems to be just half-assing it.. he'd rather try to be funny than controversial or innovative.. frankly, i hate it.. i'll be the first one to praise him if his next album is good, but i don't know if he can do it anymore

roaches

I can't believe someone just compared Eminem to Ice Cube.

Eminem did not peak early. He was in a zone from 2000-2002. His output after that period is almost all trash, and his output before was an uneven mix (dope shit like "Any Man" vs. wack shit like most of his first two LPs and first EP).

He still has it in him. He just needs to stop being so self-defeating when it comes to his audience, get a real executive producer, and some real beats.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
roaches said:

Eminem did not peak early. He was in a zone from 2000-2002. His output after that period is almost all trash, and his output before was an uneven mix (dope shit like "Any Man" vs. wack shit like most of his first two LPs and first EP).

He still has it in him. He just needs to stop being so self-defeating when it comes to his audience, get a real executive producer, and some real beats.

Anyman is 1 of Eminem's greatest tracks. But I loved most of the tracks on SSLP and MMLP.

Well 60% of them.

What 1's are you saying were wack?

Eminem Show ( - 3 tracks) and Encore was awful though.

roaches said:
I was just about to write this exact statement. Damn this pisses me off. However, I keep forgetting that I am an old man and many youngsters only know the actor Ice Cube who makes family friendly films. They weren't bumping Kill At Will and Amerikkka's Most Wanted in 1990 when hardly anyone else was saying what Cube was saying on wax.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
FreshToDeath said:
I was just about to write this exact statement. Damn this pisses me off. However, I keep forgetting that I am an old man and many youngsters only know the actor Ice Cube who makes family friendly films. They weren't bumping Kill At Will and Amerikkka's Most Wanted in 1990 when hardly anyone else was saying what Cube was saying on wax.

Or his recent tracks.

"You can do it put your ass into it". I need to get that track banned.

He still does great guest appearences. His hook in Yayo's drama setter is the best on the album. His stuff in Obie Trices cd was good. "We Ain't" was entertaining. Gatman and Robin was good (one of the only songs i didn't hate on that album). I think some of his stuff insane. I was listening to Till I Collapse the other day and his lyrics and flow are just crazy.

I think part of the problem is he is creative, so sometimes it works and sometimes it's like wtf are u doing? Like to me Rain Man is amusing, and i don't mind it being on the album. Big weenie annoys the fuck out of me and i wonder how anyone in their right mind would release that. As others said Encore wasn't as bad as it seemed. I think eminem show was too good and encore was just too mediocre. Like we expected to get 15 great new tracks and we're mad cuz we only got 6 or 7.

As to his current state, i don't think he's finding enough inspiration and motivation. I said in another thread i hope 50 takes the final step and spits on him and dre, just so he gets pumped up and we get 2 more good albums out of him. (and so 50 gets ripped apart).

2Pax

What happened to Eminem? He grew up.

The unique teenage sense of humour he had which made SSLP and MMLP so good, was lost. The man matured. I think he tried to capture this humour once again on Encore but he failed miserably as it just doesn't sound right coming from a 32 year old man.

But the man hasn't fell off just yet, he still has it in him to be one of the best lyricists in the game.

These days he seems to save his "Good" lyrics for guest appearences, for example lets take his verse from the Obie Trice track "Emulate" taken from the anger management tour 3 mixtape.

I stimulate the brain, mimic, emulate a saint
Cinic keep em' thinkin its a fuckin gimic when it ain't
Clinically insane, brain is on venus fuck uranus
label me a genius if you ever seen us you would say
He may seem as though he's plain normal
if you ever meet him, greet him with a shake, see
he ain't as mean as what they say
See the thing is maybe he can't always think of things to say
so he's vaugue, so they mistake him for bein' crazed
you part ways, your impression of him changed
you don't think he's strange, you turn around and tell him "peace and thanks"
then you catch him flippin you off, with his pants down
hands around his scrotum, tuckin his fuckin penis between his legs
And his verse from "I'm Gone" is just as good:

I Murder this Inc as soon as I touch the page
You ain't gon' have no other choice but to rush the stage
and charge the mic, and I hope you got the heart to fight
Cause you gon' have to, cause you ain't got the smarts to write
somethin that good, to try to come back at me with
What you gon' do, try to out-rap me with that happy shit?
You motherfuckers crack me up
Talkin bout you gonna smack me up, y'all won't even back me up
Throw up your paws, you pussies can't even scratch me hard
It's like fuckin Castor Claw tryna jack me off
You think I'm afraid? What you tryna throw some fear in me?
You think I'm dumb enough to roll with no security? {*gun clicks*}
I'm doin my best to try to show maturity
But don't sit there and stare at me like hoes and sneer at me
like it's supposed to be scarin me
Like I won't leap clean over this fuckin V.I.P. rope and throw this chair
at anyone close or near me tryna approach me physically
cause he don't spit lyrically
And he knows that my flow's so sick, this hoe's on my dick
and he's so sick of hearin me, my posters is starin at him
But I don't think he knows the severity
of what it could escalate to or that it could grow so seriously
if I go hysterically; cause I guarantee
there's no one in here that would resort like a childhood
any quicker than I would, or hit you with plywood
Especially when I'm sippin on this liquor and tonic
One swig of this bottle I'ma go upside your head so hard with it
the mark from it'll be so dark that it'll leave a scar so big
you'll be able to read a label from the motherfuckin sticker that's on it;
I'm sick of the nonsense
Shit is ridiculous and I refuse to let it get to this point
where I'ma let you sit on my conscience -

I'm gone bitch
Let's just see what the map has in store for the future.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.