Eminem - Warning (diss to Mariah & Nick Cannon)

haha been reading some of the posts, sounds like this song is eminem at his best. gonna listen to it later on 2night while Im getting phazed.. patience... soon you'll be high above the atmosphere with Shady whispering in your ear...

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
it's a good diss but not a good song. usually his disses are good songs that you can listen to regardless of the diss - if that makes sense. This song I wouldn't play twice.

He sounds angry again, that's the Eminem everyone loved. The passionate Eminem. Too bad the beef isn't directed toward someone that actually RAPS.

I'd love to hear this ferocity aimed at someone who would, and could, stand up for themselves. Eminem vs. Ti would be nice, just because.

c'mon for real, Baatin dies, and it gets like 2 replies, and fuckin eminem and mariah fucking carey, are battling, and the whole board is in here...

C'mon man, this shits embarrassing for hip hop

Casey

Staff member
c'mon for real, Baatin dies, and it gets like 2 replies, and fuckin eminem and mariah fucking carey, are battling, and the whole board is in here...

C'mon man, this shits embarrassing for hip hop
Dude, you know I'm a hardcore hip-hop head and even I only own one Slum Village album.

I think since J Dilla died there's a tendency by some people to hype up everything he was ever involved in like he a big star.....fact is the vast majority of hip-hop fans don't know anything about Dilla, much less Baatin. Sad, yes. Slum Village, underrated? Very much so.

I doubt more than 5 people on this board could even listen to a SV track and know which one Baatin was. Sad but true.

Dude, you know I'm a hardcore hip-hop head and even I only own one Slum Village album.

I think since J Dilla died there's a tendency by some people to hype up everything he was ever involved in like he a big star.....fact is the vast majority of hip-hop fans don't know anything about Dilla, much less Baatin. Sad, yes. Slum Village, underrated? Very much so.

I doubt more than 5 people on this board could even listen to a SV track and know which one Baatin was. Sad but true.
My point exactly, somewhere along the lines, hip hop stopped being about good music, and turned into some sort of fuckin Jerry Springer episode. Rap Beefs, entertaining, sometimes, yes. But someone the caliber of eminem, battling Mariah Carey, is sad, imo.

Regardless of what anyone says, Dilla was one of the most influential producers in the game. He was an emcees producer, those that were in the game knew the impact he had on the game. As far as Slum Village goes, they're a corner stone in detroit hip hop history. They carried the same torch as the likes of De La Soul and Tribe. For people not to be big fans of that type of hip hop is understandable. But to not show respect to it, is another thing.

[YOUTUBE]_6ADdCPJOsA[/YOUTUBE]

.. lemme guess Craig who? Marley what? (btw thats not aimed at Casey, I know he knows better than that)

peace

Casey

Staff member
My point exactly, somewhere along the lines, hip hop stopped being about good music, and turned into some sort of fuckin Jerry Springer episode. Rap Beefs, entertaining, sometimes, yes. But someone the caliber of eminem, battling Mariah Carey, is sad, imo.

Regardless of what anyone says, Dilla was one of the most influential producers in the game. He was an emcees producer, those that were in the game knew the impact he had on the game. As far as Slum Village goes, they're a corner stone in detroit hip hop history. They carried the same torch as the likes of De La Soul and Tribe. For people not to be big fans of that type of hip hop is understandable. But to not show respect to it, is another thing.

[YOUTUBE]_6ADdCPJOsA[/YOUTUBE]

.. lemme guess Craig who? Marley what? (btw thats not aimed at Casey, I know he knows better than that)

peace

I absolutely agree about Dilla. I think it's one of those things where someone lights a torch and other people run with it and reap the benefits of it. It really sucks when that stuff happens.

Dilla was basically broke when he died. I remember going into Fat Beats in LA shortly afterwards and there being a collection jar in there to raise money to help his mother pay the medical bills after he passed. It was pretty depressing to see.

As far as not showing respect....well....it's hard to say really. I don't think anyone who knows Dilla/SV would ever intentionally shun them. It's just that most people don't know of them I guess.

As far as this whole Mariah and Eminem thing, it's just PR and not be taken too seriously. Mariah's single was not picking up any buzz on radio, because basically it sucks. So she targets Eminem by dressing as him in the video and insinuating the song is about him. Eminem sees an opportunity to create PR buzz by dropping this diss track, and it worked. There's probably already been more discussion about this diss song than there was for the entire of the Relapse album.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.