Eminem Show - Top 10 album all time?

I listened to this album recently after not hearing it in awhile, and it's just crazy. EVERY song, his flow is insane, it revolves around one topic (getting out of the spotlight), and the production is unfukwitable. You always hear about older albums being classics, but Eminem Show, IMO is right up there. Where would you place it compared to other classic albums?

GhettoStar said:
not even in the top 10, but MM lp has legit claim
That's what everybody says, but go song for song on both shits, Eminem show is all over MMLP. There's some mediocre songs on mmlp, like 'kim', 'marshall mathers', 'drug ballad', 'who knew'.... his flow doesn't touch what it does on Eminem Show. I mean, 'business', 'say goodbye to hollywood', 'sing for the moment', 'till i collapse' (maybe em's best song)...listen to his verse on 'when the music stops', he fucking kills that shit. and his own production is on a higher level

malek_5 said:
That's what everybody says, but go song for song on both shits, Eminem show is all over MMLP. There's some mediocre songs on mmlp, like 'kim', 'marshall mathers', 'drug ballad', 'who knew'.... his flow doesn't touch what it does on Eminem Show. I mean, 'business', 'say goodbye to hollywood', 'sing for the moment', 'till i collapse' (maybe em's best song)...listen to his verse on 'when the music stops', he fucking kills that shit. and his own production is on a higher level
The eminem show has some mediocre songs too...

'say goodbye to hollywood', 'sing for the moment'
Soldier....that track with obie trice...superman

can't forget without me although it is a nice song...it annoys me that it;s a marketing trick..it doesnt bother me that much but if u gon take a critical look I say it its ok to mention...

Eminem Show ain't even Em's best album...plus it's far from being a classic...Ever heard of Gangstarr's "Moment Of Truth"?
Top 10 album all time?BUHAHAHA!!!
I hope you're kidding,son!

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
one mc on dj said:
The eminem show has some mediocre songs too...

'say goodbye to hollywood', 'sing for the moment'
Soldier....that track with obie trice...superman

can't forget without me although it is a nice song...it annoys me that it;s a marketing trick..it doesnt bother me that much but if u gon take a critical look I say it its ok to mention...
I'm not agreeing with the thread starter on the album being in top ten, but to say that "Sing for the Moment" is a mediocre track, you just have to be a moron.

Cooper

malek_5 said:
I listened to this album recently after not hearing it in awhile, and it's just crazy. EVERY song, his flow is insane, it revolves around one topic (getting out of the spotlight), and the production is unfukwitable. You always hear about older albums being classics, but Eminem Show, IMO is right up there. Where would you place it compared to other classic albums?
MMLP is much better IMO....kim & stan are nice concepts plus kill you, marshall mathers and the way i am are good tracks, along with MOST of the rest.....the d12 ones shit tho

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Saaphir said:
There is no way SS LP is in top 5 albums of all time.

It's in my top 5. At number 5.

But it's all about preference. I loved that album when it dropped. Played it for months. It captured how I felt at that time and it was funny.

The eminem show has no replay value. 1 listen is aight, but after that I get tired of it. so it could never be in my top 10/20. Only til i collapse is bumpable (if that's even a word)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.