Eminem prevents new 50 Cent album release

50 Cent had planned to release a new album this July, but thanks to the intervention of Eminem, the album has been held back.

"Em didn't agree with me," 50 revealed. "I get a little frustrated from time to time and I got so much material that I make that isn't being heard that I was like, 'Yo, I just wanna release an album again.' And he was like, 'Nah, you gotta wait.' I don't care about none of that [timing], I just want the record to go out, but it just makes better sense to take our time and re-create the new album."

50 predicts that this material will not make the album when it is eventually released, simply because by that time it will be outdated by his creativity. "I'll have so many new ideas that I wanna write something else,” he said. “I don't ever receive the credit I'm supposed to receive for my music. I receive all the checks I'm supposed to receive, I just don't receive all the trophies. But I'm cool with it. I just look at it like I should continue to dominate with it more. I'll get lifetime-achievement awards opposed to best-new-artist awards, so it's cool."

Interestingly, 50 also said he was keen to put his new material out because modern rap is not innovative enough for him. He feels the music is too basic for his liking and that it is in actual fact eroding hip-hops quality. “A lot of the music that comes out of the South is kind of simplified and I think it's kinda 'cause they just wanna have a good time. They don't wanna think about what [they] just said...when they don't take the time to make it the highest quality possible, it hurts the actual hip-hop [genre]. People wanna make music they can get away with as opposed to the best possible music they can make.”

"They'll lower the grade of music," he continued. "It changes the range you can go and then it causes confusion amongst artists that don't have their own direction at that point and they all start making music that is similar. Like if the record comes out and it's a hit and it's the simplest thing on the planet, all of a sudden the new artists start writing records that are similar to that hit…they make it sound like the record that they hear playin' on the radio as opposed to just creating their own lane."

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
WTF is 50 talking bout? lol i wont get into it, cuz i know bout 40 people already know what i was gonn say.

but 50 needs to PUT Bucks album out. and BANKs album out b4 dropping his shit again.

im really waiting on that buck album, i hope its not a disappointment.

50 talking this and that about modern music... Please if he was as good as he says he is, he could make music that could be released 10 years from now and still be relevant. ON another note 50 is the reason that music in rap has turned sour.

jbrolax

You hear about meteors all the time in school and stuff, but they never happen. Well nows the time for one to crash down on 50. Im not a hater, If theres a word that is more extreme than hate, well im that. And if you got a problem with Haters, sorry:thumb:

coming from a guy who put out that piece of shit "Loyal 2 The Game" 50's album had to have sucked...and why all the hate for the south??? is it cuz i heard chamillioaire diss g unit on that one intro on his mixtape??? is it cuz er'body loves the south n' not g unit??? is it cuz yayo's album tanked during a high period for artists from the south??? or is cuz he's not in on the next big thing....is it cuz no new artist asked g unit to be put on...besides buck on stay fly, their wasn't any.....50's a hater

jbrolax

the only thing the south is good for is club music, make the ladies shake the shit.

i could never listen to a southern record and be like man this is the real shit....ignorance probaly, sorry south, im sorry

I reckon it's more along the lines of he couldn't get into the studio with Dre and that's why it's being pushed back. I doubt Eminem told him he weren't ready, it's just 50 running his mouth AGAIN and this time interscope told him no. him saying that em told me to take some more time is another piece of bullshit coming out of his mouth to cover up the rest of the bullshit he's been spreading ie. game getting dropped

Now I see a lot of people hating 50 Cent but they are the same people who would change their mind and would say "50 was one of the greatest" if he got shot to death tomorrow...:rolleyes:

And then there was 2pac and now there is 50 Cent...hate it or love it,it's on.

EriMakaveli said:
i agree with him about the music from the south. its bland and it IS degrading hip hip, which is hanging by a thread.
UHHHH...AM I ON AN ALTERNATE EARTH?? Isn't 50 simple and mother goose as well? Every single beat is the same. Every lyric is the same. Because IF nobody notices MAGIC STICK, CANDY SHOP and WINDOW SHOPPER are all one long 15 minute record...

...then I need to quit!
Go ahead, sing them to yourself in that order MAGIC STICK, CANDY SHOP, WINDOW SHOOOOPPPPA!
All the same! All suck!

ggggg gggggg gggg ggg-unot....

50 has that bullet to your mouth caused sumthin to fuck your head up......wtf ok i understood until he started talkin bout the fuckin south music n shit....owell......

only good album 50 had was power of the dollar....and get rich or die try.....(not the the soundtrack)

jbrolax said:
i could never listen to a southern record and be like man this is the real shit....ignorance probaly, sorry south, im sorry
Outkast?

Saaphir said:
Now I see a lot of people hating 50 Cent but they are the same people who would change their mind and would say "50 was one of the greatest" if he got shot to death tomorrow..
Truth :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online