E-40...Total joker or a westcoast legend?

Mase said:
lol at 50% he is fucking trash, 50% he is a legend. I have to say I havn't checked too many of his solos, but he played an important part in one of my favourite West Coast albums.

you happen to have the Full version of that CD, I think it is like 14 tracks rather then 10 or whatever.

???

his musics awite, but i hate that interview where he acts like him and pac wer soooooooo tight. Like him and pac wernt close, pac never mentioned him, at all. But E's all actin like him and pac wer like brother and shit, that kinda bugged me

Saint33 said:
his musics awite, but i hate that interview where he acts like him and pac wer soooooooo tight. Like him and pac wernt close, pac never mentioned him, at all. But E's all actin like him and pac wer like brother and shit, that kinda bugged me
What interview?

and how do you know how tight they where or where not?

I think Pac did have love for him,

Saint33 said:
pac an him was on eachothers tracks and thy both from da bay. :thumb:

^^^ i no all that stuff, and i agree they wer tight, but if u see this interview, he acts like they wer like brothers, wen rilly pac had love for him but he wasnt like one of pacs home boys.

ill get a link for that video

Saint33 said:
^^^ i no all that stuff, and i agree they wer tight, but if u see this interview, he acts like they wer like brothers, wen rilly pac had love for him but he wasnt like one of pacs home boys.

yes please give me the link, I am starting to kind of rember it actully.

I will comment afer I watch the vid, but man again how do you know what kind of personal relationship they had?

Pac was a special soul, I am sure people he was around felt something strong for him, how can you hate on that?

How can you say 40 wasnt one of pac's homeboys? Alright they were'nt that close, but they both featured on each others albums and regularly made apperences in each others videos ie. California Love, Rappers Ball, Practice Lookin Hard etc....Also that clip of pac on the set of Practice Lookin Hard indicated to me that they were good friends...

Saint33 said:

Watch E-40's Charlie Hustle DVD, it has footage of him kicking it with 'Pac. Trust me, they were homeboys.

Lok

I was wondering why a thread about E 40 would go into a second page...
His first 2 major solo releases were the best, Mail Man has to be my favorite.

EDIT: 3rd.

Preach

one thing i found funny was that on the e-40 dvd he says that the fact that he recorded "things'll never change" and pac recorded "changes" and they both used the same sample showed that they were "some togetha-ass niggas". however, amaru remixed the released version of changes :D

40's dope tho. i dunno about b-legit being better, they're both tight though. parlayin!

Nut

DEEJAY* said:
40 has always stayed true to what made him and even though he might not sell millions on each album, he has produced many west coast classic tracks along the way.

Thoughts........
He's neither a legend nor a joker, he's special and i guess you can say he's legend to the bay area with the independant label and stuff. For the rest he sometimes annoys me but he can also bring it but that was way back. I only like Mail Man, In a major way & Hall of Game but after that it all went down hill. He started working with Cash Money, Fabolous and more wack cats so the statement about 40 staying true is wrong. I admit he always showed love to the bay and did everything he could to get the rest of the Click on top and he dropped some hot verses since 96 so he's an average rapper with a unique style which makes him special. The song 'Things'll never Change' is his best song ever and one of my favorite songs ever and that one shows he really had the talent to be a legend.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
i never liked the guy at all, always thought he sucked ass and hated his voice

with that said, he's gotta have some sort of talent to stay around this long, most wack rappers are gone within a few years

I agree with most of that Nut, his best work was 'In A Major Way' and 'Hall Of Game' but i also liked the charlie hustle album and some tracks on 'Loyalty & Betrayal'. 'Million Dollar Spot' with Pac and B-Legit is dope as hell

E-40 is a total legend! No doubt about it.
His lyrics original and off the hook, he's got pretty much every rapper in the game using his slanguage left and right. His longevity and loyal fanbase speak for itself.
A true legend.

nuffin rong eazzy fonzza reezeaon. lol summit which makes me laff is when he comes out with "wats wrong wiv theze willy foo foo raff asz niggaz" lol wtf does that mean

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.