E-40...Total joker or a westcoast legend?

40 has as many divided opinions on him than most other rappers out there today. His flow and 'slanguage' seems to either piss people off or draw people into liking his style, either you are a fan of his or you hate him. I would argue that he has been one of leading figures in west coast hip hop since the mid-80's. Much like when NWA were puttin it down in LA, 40 and the likes of too short were pioneering the west coast sound in the bay at the same time.

Having been in the game for such a long time now (as long as dre), he paved the way for younger west coast cats to make a name for themselves. He was one of the first rappers ever to start his own label. Despite the change in hip hop, 40 has always stayed true to what made him and even though he might not sell millions on each album, he has produced many west coast classic tracks along the way. Another thing I like about him is that ever since he has been in the game he has showed nothin but love to basically every rapper out there(check his guest apperences record), obviously he is a figure in the west, but he has also got mad love down south aswell. Yes he did have minor problems with a few east coast cats but he was never into starting beefs for publicity or to boost sales - unlike most mc's these days.

Whether you like him or not, it goes un-noticed and I think 40 deserves alot of respect for what he has done for west coast hip hop...

Thoughts........

linx

Staff member
He definitely deserves peoples respect for what he has done, but me personally ..I could never stand the dude. He is annoying.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
I didnt like him at first...but have been getting more "used" to him recently. He dropped a good verse on Lynch's "Situations." And his style isn't 2 far from others in the Bay Area - not sayin he aint create it or whatever, jus sayin theres others out there with somewhat similar deliveries [in a small dose tho].

Snowman

DEEJAY* said:
Who are the 'wrong' people that he is hangin with then?

Lil-Jon, Aint He Signed To Their Label?

Its Okay To Have A Couple Hits from Production from Jon. Then Move On To Somethin Better. E-40 Is A Legend, But If You Think About It He Goes From Captain Save a Hoe, To Workin With Pac, NOW He Stoops To An All Time Low Workin With Lil-Jon. E-40 Needs To Go Back An Recreate an Make Classic Albums Like, The Mailman, Federal, In A Major Way, Tha Hall Of Game.

lol at 50% he is fucking trash, 50% he is a legend. I have to say I havn't checked too many of his solos, but he played an important part in one of my favourite West Coast albums.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.