Dr. Dre's Ghostwriter's Quotables

This post has gone off topic...back to the topic

One of my favorite Dre verses was probably written by Eminem, since Em does the hook. It's Dre's verse from "Shit Hits The Fan":

Niggas is so gangsta, niggas is thugs
Niggas'll spend their whole life peddlin' drugs
Slinging dope in hopes of one day being able to own their own label and give the game up
Some niggas came up, some just didnt
Its just the way it is, if it ain't meant it just isn't
Some niggas'll get money and pay niggas to back em
So they can act up, feel comfortable and rap tough
But that's ass backwards cuz them niggas just gon' keep comin' back and that's when extortion happens
In the struggle to get free
I know how the shit be
You'd give anything just to live legitimately
But you're gonna find if you do get in this industry
It's best to do business with me than against me
Niggas get behind mics and ain't even emcee's
Niggas get on MTV just to diss me
This shit don't even piss me off
I'm laughing all the way to the bank watchin' ya on satellite from my Bentley
You niggas don't even gotta car
You so far under my radar I don't even know who the fuck you are
To tell you to suck my dick while I'm pissing
I don't even listen to your shit to know who the fuck I'm dissingThe media just feeds into the feuds
Tryin' to add fuel to the fire
This little nigga Ja Rule talkin' bout he gonna slap me--
Nigga please, you gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees
I laugh at these magazines when they interview 'em
All they doin' is making fake threats to us through 'em
And pussy you're not Pac, I knew him
Pac was a real nigga, you just a fuckin' insult to him
It's too bad we had to fall out before he passed cuz if he could see this shit now he'd be whoopin' your ass
You're talking to a pioneer who engineered this shit for 19 years
Who you got in your ear? (shhhh)
I don't even gotta say it, the fans know
Quit trying to be tough nigga, you look like an asshole.

The single line I have in bold is probably the SICKEST line in the verse. That line alone just kills Ja Rule.

Pittsey said:
Sneed helped a lot on production though. Didn't he?
natural born killaz was a sam sneed song then dre heard itand took it......thats from what ive read in interviews over the years....as far as j flexx he may have written keep there heads ringin but i dont thnk anything before that cuz he didnt come to death row until later

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Cool. Thanks for the info.

And to all the people who think we're slagging Dre off, I'm not. Dre is a legend and he may not do ALL the work himself but it's his vision. He takes a mediocre track you've made, puts a spin on it and makes it a great track. He also works like a conductor and instructs people what to do. That is the role of a great producer and Dre is the best.

Betcha there probz a verse that pac wrote, and dre claimed it to be his own...lol

Same thing happened with a beat 'dre claimed he made' to 2pac, then Daz heard the beat and it was his.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Azn_Makaveli said:
Same thing happened with a beat 'dre claimed he made' to 2pac, then Daz heard the beat and it was his.

Califonia Love.

Even I could make that beat. What did Daz/Dre change. They added Drums and that was mainly it. Right?

^^^^No in XXL a while ago while they did an article on all eyez on me. Dre gave pac a beat which was 'I got my mind Made up' U know who it featured then pac said yo i got another dre beat with MEth red kurupt and you. Daz said that's his beat? "yo u made this shit" "yeah" then that's when Dre and Pac started to have a falling out. Dre was stealin work which pac thought.

thx for the clarification Sniper.
If he credits them in the notes, then it really isn't ghostwriting. On Em's albums, and Massacre, I see A. Young under the writing credits. But that must just be production, and not writing.

Anyone know who wrote Dre's verse for "Shit Hits The Fan." I've always assumed Eminem, because it flows like an Em verse too, but who knows?

Anyone know who wrote Dre's verse for "Shit Hits The Fan." I've always assumed Eminem, because it flows like an Em verse too, but who knows?
Nobody TRULY knows but Dre. But, the general speculation among fans has always been that, yes, Eminem wrote his verse on that song.

Well, I think the best ghost-written verse is his verse in the Obie Trice song "Shit Hits The Fan". Busta or Em wrote is didn't they?

Great lyrics!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.