Dr. Dre promises to Detox this year

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Sometimes you wait so long for something that when you finally get it you don't care as much; kind of like that toy you wanted that year for Christmas and didn't get only to finally get it a couple years late when your family could afford it. Dr. Dre's next album Detox is shaping up to be that late present; at least in my books.

Yet, the kid in me still can't wait, better late than never I guess. I just can't help but feel that if the album sees the light of day in 2007 it will be a few years too late.

Anyway, Dre was on Big Boy's Power 106 radio show in Los Angeles to celebrate his birthday (Feburary 18th) and the good doctor got to dissecting plans for his third album; Detox.

"I'm trying to get everybody that I've ever worked with over the years to appear on the records," explained Dre. "There are gonna be some new guys that I'm working with, Bishop Lamont and Slim the Mobster, those two guys I think are incredible, new artists out of the west coast that I'm trying to get out there"

"Trust me, this will be worth the wait, I'm trying to make this the one they remember me for. It's a lot of pressure but I'm feeling good about it. I feel like I'm my worst critic and if I'm loving it, everyone else will," he continued. " I'm tryna put 12, 13 songs on the album. I'm not totally sure about the month but it will be definitely be out this year."

12 or 13 songs? Come on Dre, you keep fans waiting for way too long and you're only bringing 12 or 13 songs? And whats more, you plan to pack those 12 or 13 songs with guest appearances from every artist you've ever worked with?

I'm having deja vu's of over packaged disappointing Christmas presents all over again.

Drop us a line in the comments section below and let us know what you think.

lii

there is so much hype surrounding this album, i just cant imagine anything living up to this much hype. dre shoulda released this years ago, he should change the name now it sound old :woah:

I'm at the point where I couldn't care when this album came out. I think if i anticipate it, I'm going to be more upset at the content in it. Otherwise, if I keep my mind off it, hopefully it'll turn out to be a classic like his other two albums.

SonOf2pac

^it ain't about quantity... it's quality... but sometimes it can get a little ridiculous... i wish illmatic and thug life vol. 1 were longer... anyway... i'm not gettin my hopes up for a good album... but we'll see...

The album will be better with 12-13 tracks instead of 18 plus.2001 could've been classic record had it not have so many tracks.Having less tracks will more likely make an album classic.Besides, there will probably be tracks leaked that wouldn't make the album so we'll still hear them.About the guests,i think he'll just have usual suspects Cube,Snoop,Kurupt,Xzibit,Em and new people Bishop and other guy.

Khalistani Soldier said:
I'm at the point where I couldn't care when this album came out. I think if i anticipate it, I'm going to be more upset at the content in it. Otherwise, if I keep my mind off it, hopefully it'll turn out to be a classic like his other two albums.
Yea, that's the same mindset I have about it, best to just sorta forget about it and let it surprise you when it comes out, hopefully exceeding expectations.

This album is very long overdue, and I do hope it will be a classic.

Snowman

Hes throwin everybody a curve. he'll have at least 19-22 songs. I would like to see Dre do a double album. 26 songs,13 on each disc.

like you guys said hes gonna have everybody he worked with an its only gonna be 12-13 songs. the Dr has got a surprise planned.

he should change the name. Detox just doesnt fit him right now

The.Menace

Staff member
It's gonna be intersting, one or the other way. He might flop or he might become one of HipHop most famous and important producers/Rappers - even more than he is already. We'll see.

ARon

12-13 songs is about right. A lot of albums have tracklists that go to 18 or 19 but only 13-14 of em turn out to be actual songs. Im still just as excited as I was this time last year but whatever.

The only reason the talk of this album lost its limelight is cus the people deaded it, they played it out without hearin anything, funny how it happens.

The less amount of tracks chances are there won't be much filler. I mean if each track has someone like Warren G., Snoop, Ice Cube, Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, Game, Xzibit, Nate Dogg, Jadakiss, ect. then it looks good. And as for the album coming out this year... I'll believe it when I hear it.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Dogmatic187 said:
The less amount of tracks chances are there won't be much filler. I mean if each track has someone like Warren G., Snoop, Ice Cube, Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, Game, Xzibit, Nate Dogg, Jadakiss, ect. then it looks good. And as for the album coming out this year... I'll believe it when I hear it.
Did you leave 50 cent out on purpose?

THEV1LL4N

cant wait for this album to drop. i read somewhere a while ago that every song on the album will be released as a single or something like that.

or maybe they will make a video for every song and release a DVD version of this album with all the videos adn songs and possibly any extera features on it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.