Dr. Dre donates $1 million to Hurricane victims

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
According to the World Entertainment News Network, Dr. Dre has made a $1 million donation to the Julia C. Hester House, with $20,000 going to 50 families in need.

The families were selected after being assessed to see if they meet the criteria established by Dre.

"I wanted to be sure that my donation went directly into the hands of hurricane victims," said Dre via a statement.

Hymnz

damn dre has a big heart, i wish the man luck in everything he does, and also the victims of this terrible tragedy..

ARon

That is real cool, sent directly to certain families. Still not touchin what Oprah is doin but whatever, good to see.

cheap bastard. He probably has cars that cost around that much. And he would never even think about sacrificing one of them to help MORE.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
^^^ What's Oprah doing?

She has a shit load more cash than Dre though. Apparently Game wants to adopt one of the orphans too.

RFTP said:
cheap bastard. He probably has cars that cost around that much. And he would never even think about sacrificing one of them to help MORE.
Just because he has alotta money doesnt mean 1 million isn't alot.

Why dont YOU donate a million dollars. Dumbass.

FroDawgg

i know...someone's always gotta throw in some negativity. yeah he probably could have done more, but $1 mil is a lot.

oh, and ruckas, i heard that oprah donated $10 mil.

yea.. but at the same time he's doing drugs business and selling women. what a great guy mr. young is indeed!!!!! really good for our community :)

KAMIKAZI said:
Just because he has alotta money doesnt mean 1 million isn't alot.

Why dont YOU donate a million dollars. Dumbass.

Cause I don't have a million dollar.

It's all relativity speaking. Since most of us here (assuming now) ain't rich, for us the word million is something great. 1 million dollar to us is ALOT but if you compare to Dres income you'll see it's not that much. I bet it wasn't even 1% of his welth. Fuck, even I donated 30% of my income to the tsunamis victims.

Rukas; I don't know what Oprah has done and frankly I don't care. I didn't make that commen to compare who gave how much. IMO they do shit, then you get guys like Kanye West talkin about nobody cares about the black people, "his" people while he himself give a rats ass about. 1 million dollar folks. Dre can sell 4 beats and make that million dollar.

It's almost the same thing with Bill Gates and his donations. Sure, he donates ALOT, 50 million dollar!!!! but seriously, we all know that this guy makes ALOT ALOT ALOT more then that. 50 million dollar for him is probably 5%, if even that. Then people praise them for that. Sure, it's great that they're donating cause they aren't forced to do so but I'm sick of people who make it look like they(donators) done a Mother Theresa job.. :rolleyes:

Baukem said:
yea.. but at the same time he's doing drugs business and selling women. what a great guy mr. young is indeed!!!!! really good for our community :)
You can't even fit in in an online community, so shut the fuck up.

whoeva is slating these ppl like oprah, dre and bill gates is so damn stupid. The whole fing had nufin wotsoeva to do wiv them but they have still donated money for ppl who need it. I cnt believe u r sitting there saying that shit. What do yiu want them to do, give them ALL their money? If bill gates gave $1 million dollars it wud be great, but $50 million? this guy has a heart, and i dnt fink u do

hahaha 1 million thats it?, hes got billions of dollers from all the years of him being in the game, 1 million is pocket change for him. Thats like saying george bush is a hero for donating a couple billion, but that guys spend over 100 trillion on war, so a billion dollers is what he find under the cushins in his couch.

hahaha 1 million thats it?, hes got billions of dollers from all the years of him being in the game, 1 million is pocket change for him. Thats like saying george bush is a hero for donating a couple billion, but that guys spend over 100 trillion on war, so a billion dollers is what he find under the cushins in his couch.

RFTP said:
Cause I don't have a million dollar.

It's all relativity speaking. Since most of us here (assuming now) ain't rich, for us the word million is something great. 1 million dollar to us is ALOT but if you compare to Dres income you'll see it's not that much. I bet it wasn't even 1% of his welth. Fuck, even I donated 30% of my income to the tsunamis victims.

Rukas; I don't know what Oprah has done and frankly I don't care. I didn't make that commen to compare who gave how much. IMO they do shit, then you get guys like Kanye West talkin about nobody cares about the black people, "his" people while he himself give a rats ass about. 1 million dollar folks. Dre can sell 4 beats and make that million dollar.

It's almost the same thing with Bill Gates and his donations. Sure, he donates ALOT, 50 million dollar!!!! but seriously, we all know that this guy makes ALOT ALOT ALOT more then that. 50 million dollar for him is probably 5%, if even that. Then people praise them for that. Sure, it's great that they're donating cause they aren't forced to do so but I'm sick of people who make it look like they(donators) done a Mother Theresa job.. :rolleyes:
God I'd kick your ass you dumbass...

Let's keep in mind that he wasn't just handed the money he has, but had to work extremely hard for it for many years. Donating away that hard earned cash is very generous. He could invest it towards his future generations, but donated that to the relief of people he doesn't even know. Props :thumb:

HitEmUpOutDaParK said:
Let's keep in mind that he wasn't just handed the money he has, but had to work extremely hard for it for many years. Donating away that hard earned cash is very generous. He could invest it towards his future generations, but donated that to the relief of people he doesn't even know. Props :thumb:
Amen
And props to Dre

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.