Dr Dre Comes Full Circle In The Game

Pittsey said:
Anything to try and make Dre look less credible.
Too much hating on this board.

People say Daz is a crack head who talks shit, yet they believe him when he says Dre jacked his beats.
Dre is an amazing producer, and when I say producer I mean in the true sense of the word and not just about creating beats. But he does make hot beats too.
And remember people like Scott Storch aren't hot until after they've worked with Dre. So wouldn't that mean he helps them more than they help him?

And whoever said Dre was from Long beach? LOL That's Snoop.
im not trying to discredit the man.....someone said hes from compton which is just not true...its like when vanilla ice claimed to be from Miami...facts are facts...and in the Vh1 documentary they do not say hes from compton, they say he was born in a middle class neighborhood right outside of COmpton...
Did you ever see the movie CB4 with Chris Rock..that whole movie is a spoof on NWA...As far as I know, Eazy's the only one who actually came from Compton.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
CoolWaterz said:
im not trying to discredit the man.....someone said hes from compton which is just not true...its like when vanilla ice claimed to be from Miami...facts are facts...and in the Vh1 documentary they do not say hes from compton, they say he was born in a middle class neighborhood right outside of COmpton...
Did you ever see the movie CB4 with Chris Rock..that whole movie is a spoof on NWA...As far as I know, Eazy's the only one who actually came from Compton.

Yeah I saw CB4. Funny Shit.

I know Dre wasn't a gangsta, but he was poor and from a poor neighbourhood. (Although he was a swat at school.)
Definately not a middleclass neighbourhood, but I can't guarantee he was from compton.
But it's like you live a stones throw from Compton, Compton is known so you're gonna rep it. Dre gets a lot of hate on this board and not enough credit.

Pittsey said:
Yeah I saw CB4. Funny Shit.

I know Dre wasn't a gangsta, but he was poor and from a poor neighbourhood. (Although he was a swat at school.)
Definately not a middleclass neighbourhood, but I can't guarantee he was from compton.
But it's like you live a stones throw from Compton, Compton is known so you're gonna rep it. Dre gets a lot of hate on this board and not enough credit.
I give Dre all the credit in the world..sometimes i feel though that he doesnt give enough credit to those people who help him and I say this about Dre personally because ive read that he works with a whole gang of producers on his beats who never get credit.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
CoolWaterz said:
I give Dre all the credit in the world..sometimes i feel though that he doesnt give enough credit to those people who help him and I say this about Dre personally because ive read that he works with a whole gang of producers on his beats who never get credit.

Like Dave D says a producer does more than create beats.
But I think the Dre "steals beats" thing has been blown all out of proportion. He always credits the people working with him, and if you notice that the albums that come out of Aftermath are usually always mixed by him. Which also dispels the lazy rumour.

I'm not getting at you though man, even though I did quote you, I'm pretty much defending him against the comments which I Imagine will come later. I have a lot of respect for Dre after what he's done, but most people just listen to his beats, prefer Daz's and then come to the conclusion that Daz is the better producer.

I do think Dre is from Compton. I also think he's one of the best producers out there right now, & one of the best ever. Yeah a lot of people help him, but isn't it weird how he has a bunch of people helping him at different times & yet despite the alteration in the recipe the result is still dope. Well, the one constant ingredient is Dre.

Also, I couldn't help but fucking laugh when I was reading that Game says what some of us daren't think. These writers need to stfu. I like Game's music but he's no Edgar Allen Poe & he's not that fucking special.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
*suspect#1* said:
get your facts straight before you open your mouth
I didn't speak.
And don't quote me, you are only going on Daz's word which has been proven wrong so many times, show me the proof.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I do think Dre is from Compton. I also think he's one of the best producers out there right now, & one of the best ever. Yeah a lot of people help him, but isn't it weird how he has a bunch of people helping him at different times & yet despite the alteration in the recipe the result is still dope. Well, the one constant ingredient is Dre.

Aint that the truth.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:

Also, I couldn't help but fucking laugh when I was reading that Game says what some of us daren't think. These writers need to stfu. I like Game's music but he's no Edgar Allen Poe & he's not that fucking special.
Yea if anyones recieving way too much credit, its The Game. The guys an average rapper...whoooopy hes the only mainstream act to emerge from the west since deathrow days.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.