Dr. Dre, are his recent run of beats scraps from Detox?

7 Syns

First of all, Dr. Dre must of had a re-surgence in his love for getting behind the boards because his suddendly gone from making a beat here and there to lacing and giving us pure crack production in the last couple of months. I don't know if these beats are scraps from Detox, but if they are my God wouldve it been impressive production wise. But seeing if they are scraps, he must be producing some next level shit because the beats he gave away were just woah!. Check it. All gradings are my opinion.

"Westside Story (The Game)" 5/5
"Higher (The Game)" 5/5
"How We Do (The Game)" 4.5/5
"Start From Scratch (The Game)" 5/5
"Don't Worry (The Game)" 5/5
"Take It To The Heat (Method Man)" 4/5
"Grown Man Business (Xzibit)" 4/5
"Candy Shop (50 Cent)" 4/5
"Rain Man (Eminem)" 4.5/5
"Encore (Eminem)" 5/5
"Evil Deeds (Eminem)" 4/5
"Mosh (Eminem)" 3.5/5
"Ass Like That (Eminem)" 4/5
"Rich Girl (Gwen Stefani & Eve)" 5/5.

His hottest 2 joints have been without a doubt IMO Rich Girl & Higher. Both are just raw as fuck. Club goers gonna swollow them up.

peace.

Rizla

they not left overs. Dre dre makes shit loads of beats all the time, he once said he has a bag full of tapes with beats over 500, just there sitting there.

trust me
these are probably tracks that he worked on the day that they came to him. dre has not made nothing for detox yet.

dre didn't produce candy shop it was scott storch,..I got a source but I'm tired can't look for it now..type candy shop and scott storch in google and you will see

7 Syns said:
First of all, Dr. Dre must of had a re-surgence in his love for getting behind the boards because his suddendly gone from making a beat here and there to lacing and giving us pure crack production in the last couple of months. I don't know if these beats are scraps from Detox, but if they are my God wouldve it been impressive production wise. But seeing if they are scraps, he must be producing some next level shit because the beats he gave away were just woah!. Check it. All gradings are my opinion.

"Westside Story (The Game)" 5/5
"Higher (The Game)" 5/5
"How We Do (The Game)" 4.5/5
"Start From Scratch (The Game)" 5/5
"Don't Worry (The Game)" 5/5
"Take It To The Heat (Method Man)" 4/5
"Grown Man Business (Xzibit)" 4/5
"Candy Shop (50 Cent)" 4/5
"Rain Man (Eminem)" 4.5/5
"Encore (Eminem)" 5/5
"Evil Deeds (Eminem)" 4/5
"Mosh (Eminem)" 3.5/5
"Ass Like That (Eminem)" 4/5
"Rich Girl (Gwen Stefani & Eve)" 5/5.

His hottest 2 joints have been without a doubt IMO Rich Girl & Higher. Both are just raw as fuck. Club goers gonna swollow them up.

peace.
talk about overrating......

man dres beat are 9 times outta 10 hot

only thing that i can say against him is that they are often not much differnet from all his other beats. but if u got a winning formula why change it?

Æppy²¹³ said:
dre didn't produce candy shop it was scott storch,..I got a source but I'm tired can't look for it now..type candy shop and scott storch in google and you will see

true story.....it's in the new XXL, it gives a tracklisting for 50's new album and who produced each song.

P.S. Dre only produced ONE song on the album ;x

Kryogenikz said:
true story.....it's in the new XXL, it gives a tracklisting for 50's new album and who produced each song.

P.S. Dre only produced ONE song on the album ;x

only 1? who does he have in steadd ...???

Red spyda is a hot producer im surpirsed hes not comin out with more shyt .... i wish he produced pacs LTTG

but the thing is dre doesnt do beats by himself anymore, he uses scott storch or others, im sure scott storch did westside story too, it just sounds like one of his beats

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Dre gives everyone credit for their input.
Scott Storch is always giving Dre props for what he taught him. He is getting props after he worked with Dre, didn't hear of him much before?
Same with most. Dre has a winning formula.

Yeah, Dre is THE shiznit. I mean, he beats jus tmake you nod your head. I dont know how many times i've listened to "How We Do" with Game and 50. That beat is fuckin infectious. Its simple but complex, thats crazy.

And has anyone else noticed that 50 is gettin better again these days? Game and 50 definately have good chemistry - evident by "How We Do" mostly, they fit really well together.

Can anyone else comfirm that 50 has ghostwriters? Its obvious that Em writes alot of his shit..'Never Enough" on Encore is a good example.

Peace, Yuh!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Twirlzy said:
And has anyone else noticed that 50 is gettin better again these days? Game and 50 definately have good chemistry - evident by "How We Do" mostly, they fit really well together.

Can anyone else comfirm that 50 has ghostwriters? Its obvious that Em writes alot of his shit..'Never Enough" on Encore is a good example.

Peace, Yuh!
Yeah but his lyrics on Power to the dollar and how to rob were pretty good too. So we know he has the skills. Just doesn't use them often.
50 admits eminem has helped, "changed words to make it flow better", but I can't be sure how much.

For Chronic 2001 Dre himself claimed to have done over 200 completed tracks, (not just beats). He said that on the launch party that was on Mtv (I believe TRL) back in '99. It was Dre and Snoop together in times square, so it was either TRL or a closely tied party. Granted he had 7 years to do those tracks, but still. Also, it is HIGHLY possible that some recent production was from DETOX as the album was originally scheduled back for like 2002, so depending on how far he was then, he may have used some scraps for newer stuff.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.