doggy style

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
I am sorry but this is not snoops best album, it only gets labeled a classics is because its the first of its kind.

When you look at this album closely, you will see that this album is very average.

The beats are way too repetitive, snoops subject matter is the same, also he says dre's name so much i just laff. I might even count up the number of times he mentions dre's name.

but yer, the lyrics aint too good.

Dont get me wrong its an alrite album, but it aint that great.

Duke

Staff member
but because he was different, his first album was refreshing. hence why its labelled a classic. and i dont disagree, i think its a classic too.

imo, for an album to attain classic status, it's quality is secondary to the impact it made in the game.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Doggystyle is probably my favourite album of all time.

The beats are very soul inspired and perfectly compliment the feel of the album. This is back in 1993 remember. The beats were amazingly fresh compared to what else was released that year, and Dre continued to build on what he did with the Chronic. Snoops flow is amazingly sick on the whole album and he comes hot on every track. This is one of the few hip-hop albums I play all the time.

jasedwads said:
I am sorry but this is not snoops best album, it only gets labeled a classics is because its the first of its kind.

If an album helps to changes the direction of a music genre, and is the first of it's kind (although I'd say Chronic was), then surely it should be labelled a classic.

Also this was the album that truely launched the rise of Deathrow. Chronic was knocking very hard on the door of success, Doggystyle kicked that door down.

Chronic

jasedwads said:

When you look at this album closely, you will see that this album is very average.
When you listen to the album a bit closer you will see it's very above average.

Pittsey said:

The beats are very soul inspired and perfectly compliment the feel of the album. This is back in 1993 remember. The beats were amazingly fresh compared to what else was released that year, and Dre continued to build on what he did with the Chronic. Snoops flow is amazingly sick on the whole album and he comes hot on every track. This is one of the few hip-hop albums I play all the time.

If an album helps to changes the direction of a music genre, and is the first of it's kind (although I'd say Chronic was), then surely it should be labelled a classic.

Also this was the album that truely launched the rise of Deathrow. Chronic was knocking very hard on the door of success, Doggystyle kicked that door down.
:thumb:

linx

Staff member
It's definitely his best album. Snoop has fallen off so much. He went from a rapper I really enjoyed to a rapper I REALLY cannot stand, period. Making hits with Dre and the Dogg Pound to working with Pharrell and Justin Timberlake. I can't stand dude now. His albums are just garbage. The beats on the album were fresh, very dope. This is an album that I can play all the way through without skipping.

It's definetely a classic album because people started biting his style to make it big in the game. He was something new at the time. His subject matter may not have been different from alotta people, but his flow was something special at the time and that makes what he says that much better.

roaches

See, if you weren't already on probation, I'd put you on it just for saying some dumbass shit like this.

Dre/Daz/Soopafly/whatever beats in '93 = unfadeable.
Snoop's flow in '93 = unfadeable.

Even if you don't think the album is a classic, how can you say it's not his best album jasedwads? If this isn't, then what is? I haven't heard anything from Snoop that even touches this album, a 5 star classic imo. I bought it in 94 and I'm still bumpin' it 11 years later, that should say something

Duke

Staff member
heh, dude's getting heat for it

im bumpin it right now and i second roaches

shit is unfadeable :thumb:

Pittsey said:

real talk :D :thumb:

xxx

its linx! said:
It's definitely his best album. Snoop has fallen off so much. He went from a rapper I really enjoyed to a rapper I REALLY cannot stand, period. Making hits with Dre and the Dogg Pound to working with Pharrell and Justin Timberlake. I can't stand dude now. His albums are just garbage. The beats on the album were fresh, very dope. This is an album that I can play all the way through without skipping.
i agree!

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
ok, so most of ya saying its classic.

I have only read about two or three actual reasons why people think this. Anyone else wanna go into more detail on why its classic, and not just say 'its a classic'

I enjoy listening to Doggfather more and i think thats a classic, if you see my other post then theirs your reasons.

Back to DS. I think its a good album, i aint saying its shit, but i just think its way too repetitive.

jasedwads said:
ok, so most of ya saying its classic.

I have only read about two or three actual reasons why people think this. Anyone else wanna go into more detail on why its classic, and not just say 'its a classic'

I enjoy listening to Doggfather more and i think thats a classic, if you see my other post then theirs your reasons.

Back to DS. I think its a good album, i aint saying its shit, but i just think its way too repetitive.
shit's classic

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.