Doctors Advocate Is Overrated?

linx

Staff member
Mannn, you cannot hate on this album. It's a very good album. Definitely a GREAT sophmore album. And if you wanna go even further, a better 1-2 album punch then 50 had. I just say that because of their beef, so I brought it up. This album is great though. The beats are very dope and Game kills it all the way through. Yeah, he mentions peoples names alot, but that's whatever. He's holding it down for the westcoast like nobody else is, like it or not. I'm sure we will see less Game fans now, but like I said before.. that's whatever. For anyone that's a fan of this dude, they will love the album. To those that don't like him, they won't care enough to even listen first and then judge. It's that simple.

Been listening to it pretty solidly allday, its definatly got more of a 'hard' feel to it than The Documentry, only Strip Club would be classed as a comlete club song. Also it seems more westcoast orientated that his 1st album, which seems to be a weird thing to say considering the guest apperences.

Mo_Murda said:
There's nothing wrong with giving major propz to someone who has played a big part in who you've become today... Thats the story with Game, Dr. Dre had a huge part in bringing him to success, what's wrong with giving him a shout out? You'd do the same thing if someone brought you success and millions of dollars.

and Bone Thugs did the same thing with Eazy E, you don't see anyone callin them ass kissers.. Eternal E ring a bell?

Also i dont see how you can already say a CD is overrated when it hasn't even come out yet.

The tracks that have come out so far are very good, much better than i expected when i found out Dre wasn't gonna be on any beats.

And Bachaveli do you honestly think that dropping the names of dead rappers is gonna increase Games album sales? That is not his goal. Its funny how many people bring that up cuz how many of you have bought a CD cuz they gave a shout out to Pac or Biggie or Big Pun etc?

They had a big impact in his life, let him rap about it, don't be contradictory, go back and see how many times you've posted about pac and how great is music or how much of an impact he had? hows that different with what Game is doing through his music.
Yes it'll probably will.Game is living of other artists names.The problem is not that hes giving props,the problem is that he doesn't have anything else to say and plus he does name dropping constantly,That the problem.I understand him giving props to Dre. because he helped him in the game as people say and he is his mentor.But almost all the time you get a chance to rap you want to bring up his name?Don't you have something else to say?Ok in his first album he did a lot of that name dropping and ok.But now again with this album you doing same thing.It makes you wonder if he can have anything better to say besides name dropping.

Just look at strip club video.Its a total copy of Dre.'s still dre video.Everything is the imitation.Slow getting out of car,car bouncing,smoke, everything is imitation.The problem is hes not a original artist.He doesn't have originality.His lyrical contest is imitation,his image,everything seems to be imitation.

He is too much under Dre.'s wings.Ok give props, but now go about your own business and show what YOU are about and what YOU have to say.I don't really hate Game because i want him to do good to bring back west cause thats the music i like.But i just feel he isn't doing it the correct way,hes not representing himself and the coast the correct way.I just think he uses these names to get through and be accepted in the game.And hes putting a lot of people uncomfortable situation where they almost have no choice but to like him.I'm gonna use this analogy.Its like You come in new place and want to adopt to the place and stuff.But there was a very close friend of yours living before there who was well known in the area,everybody knew him and respected him.So you're a new kid in a block and want to be accepted.So you start saying ''yo x man was my dude,i love him,we did this and that together..yadi yadi yada..'' to get respect. People will say so what he was x man, you are somebody else.Why don't you show us who you are and what you made of.

I don't know what you mean about Pac part.

I think it's a good album and I'll still buy it when it comes out, but it's nothing spectaluar. At least not as spectacular as I was expecting it to be. A good thing about it is that it really has a hip-hop feel to it, and it doesn't seem as much of a club album or as much of a gangsta rap album as some other recent releases do. However, to me it seems like Game never really raps about anything of any importance, whether it's a socially relevant issue or at least a song that is creative. After listening to it several times over the past 24 hours, it seems more like a CD full of hip-hop street singles than an actual album. While it will definitely be one of the bigger releases for a while, this has absolutely no chance of being a true hip-hop classic album.

I didn't like The Documentary much because Games flow sucked major ass and I don't like G-Unit either BUT what helped The Documentary were some good beats (Runnin, Hate It Or Love It, etc). Even though his new album isn't on some Rakim shit, his flow is on point and has progressed with his lyrics. I say Doctors Advocate > The Documentary

Cali vacation is very good, mostly thanks too Snoop.

As for the album, it's pretty average, not great but not bad either, thought there are some bad songs!

But yea the hate need to stop, same goes for dickriding him!

I gotta Say am likin' this joint a lot and it will blow up. It has a great west coast feel to it, games flow is hot and I dont think I have skipped a single track yet. Time will if this is gonna be a classic but it shapeing up nicely. So my conclusion is that it is not overrated I will be bumping this fo a while. Game Time!

Since when was name dropping such a big no no. I don't understand it, he name drops people who have influenced him in hip hop. Shit i'd prefer he did that than blatently steal lines like the so called "king of hip hop" Jay Z. Everyone name drops, snoop always shouts out the DPG as well as other west coast artists, Pac used to shout out all the outlawz, bay area artists as well as numerous political figures in most of his raps. Whats wrong with riding for your homies. I just don't get it. People just picking on anything they can, if name dropping is the worst thing on this album then it can't be bad at all. The Doctors Advocate, is game getting shit of his chest that happened over the last 18 months or so, he became close with snoop, nas, he was beefing with gunit an them, dre was his mentor. These people were in his life so he wrote about them.

As with this hook shit 50 can write hooks but its the verses that got the main meaning. The hooks may not be as good as 50's in my view they are from what i've heard, but the doctors advocate sounds like its gonna be a lot better than that bubble gum rap shit that was "The Massacre". 50 had two three songs most that were bangers on his last ablum and with that new shit G-Unit - Girl Give Me Your Number u can tell he and the unit are on a downward spiral.

Also what was the last album that had as many good features, only dre and cube are missing. Shit he got snoop, nas, busta, kanye, nate dogg, dogg pound, xibit. This has to be one of the biggest west coast albums for years.

There are to many G-unit dick riders out there who so caught up in this "50 so gangsta" shit. They can't see past all the publicity that he creates. Game would shit on the whole of the gunit crew with out 50's and interscopes backing.

The west coast is back strong this is one of the best real hip hop albums in years.

linx

Staff member
DeeezNuuuts83 said:
I think it's a good album and I'll still buy it when it comes out, but it's nothing spectaluar. At least not as spectacular as I was expecting it to be.
See that's the problem. It's like I always say, people expect shit to be the greatest thing ever and then when it drops, they feel disappointed in a way. I don't understand how any fan of The Game can listen to this album and not think it's very good. You know what he raps about, so I don't know why you expected anything different. How many gangsta rappers really make meaningful message songs anyway? If he makes a song that has some meaning behind it, then he does. If he continues to make what he makes now, just listen to that. Like I said, it would be nice to hear some shit like that from him, but I don't listen to him expecting it.

kastro

its linx! said:
See that's the problem. It's like I always say, people expect shit to be the greatest thing ever and then when it drops, they feel disappointed in a way. I don't understand how any fan of The Game can listen to this album and not think it's very good. You know what he raps about, so I don't know why you expected anything different. How many gangsta rappers really make meaningful message songs anyway? If he makes a song that has some meaning behind it, then he does. If he continues to make what he makes now, just listen to that. Like I said, it would be nice to hear some shit like that from him, but I don't listen to him expecting it.
:thumb:

Rizla said:
yawn...2pac was just as much of a mixed bag as the game. Give the game props. COMPTON Track is heavy.
yep! i agree 2pac had everything on most of his albums. i will make reference to the highly acclaimed makaveli album where he touches on a string of issues.
for me Doctors advocate is a good album (not excelllent). definately one of the best this year (i will reserve my judgement until December 19).
Game got it right on this one. i do not think 50 would have done anything on this album because 50 does not do good albums anyway. the massacre was weaker than this album. so 50 is out. look at banks and yayo's albums. he is just not good at it. his first album was good because dre and eminem had control over the album.
my opinion is that Game went through many things since the documentary. he needed to adress some of those things and in the process divert a little from them.

i want to believe that in the 3rd album, he will be able to adress some of the social related issues. and that can make him a better artist because he is also versatile.

but honestly the album i banging. i do not want to listen to it too much now. i want to cop it. i will take a break from it next week.

oh! and i am tired of that nigga 50's hooks. that nigga's hookes drive me muthafucking crazy. So album is better without him as far as i am concerned.( and i know i am nto theonlyone on this one.

oh! that beat by Nottz on One Night is the shit. for me thats westcoast at its best. the hook is crazy as well. it takes me back

_carmi

me, myself & us
i have to agree with people that say the album is better without 50. i dont even know what he could have had to the album. i think if he would have more ruin it than popularize it. 50 is a failure these days. g-unit is falling down and it's about damn time.

its missleading. I thought the entire album was gonna be Dre produced, but turns out theres only like 2. 1/2 of the album already leaked, its alright...not as good as i hoped itd be.

KUGE 7 said:
Game got it right on this one. i do not think 50 would have done anything on this album because 50 does not do good albums anyway. the massacre was weaker than this album. so 50 is out. look at banks and yayo's albums. he is just not good at it. his first album was good because dre and eminem had control over the album.
Thats a damn good point, i haven't thought of that until you pointed that out.

Mo_Murda said:
Thats a damn good point, i haven't thought of that until you pointed that out.
and who has the control over the D.A album? eminem doesn't seem like he is involved, didn't even drop a verse or beat this time. and if its true that dre had no hand in production then upon the release of the internet leak who really had the control?

shuba said:
and who has the control over the D.A album? eminem doesn't seem like he is involved, didn't even drop a verse or beat this time. and if its true that dre had no hand in production then upon the release of the internet leak who really had the control?
The Game had.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.