Doctors Advocate Is Overrated?

Ok, I used to be a big fan of Game, but, recently I have found myself distancing myself from his music. I just can't put my finger on it, it seems like the whole beef didn't do him any favours whotsoever.

It has led to a whole bunch of situations which make this sophomore album a kind of mix, match of conflicting messages and imitation production.

I seems like The Game has alot of demons and it's kind worrying. It's like he wakes up each morning with a different mentality. Seriously, he comes across as being highly unstable. and it doesnt surprise me that many in the industry has decided to steer clear - not least Dre.

I'm not hating on the guy, I just hope he can find some sort of stability through all this seemingly confusing BS.

An album is meant to be somewhat of a concept, where all the tracks come together to deliver an overall message. The Documentary was succesful in doing this. I don't feel the same about Doctors Advocate. Remember, the executive producers of albums help in creating this. Without Dre and 50 the Doctors Advocate doesn't seem to have this direction. From the order of the tracklisting to the overall feel.

It is almost as though he is eating of Dre's name. The title track makes me cringe seriously, it comes across as nothing but ass kissing. Nevermind the name of the album which will casue confusion for many. Plus, Game has to prove he can be more diverse, 'cos come his thrid album (which will probably be on Death Row / Blackwallstreet at this rate) he won't have shit to talk about.

Anyone else feel similar about this?

Rizla said:
COMPTON Track is heavy.
Remedy is the shit!!!!

Although i personally dont think its better then the Documentary, its still a well above average album.. Game comes raw on just about every song.

People are overreacting to this album.I don't think its that special.He has made little lyrical improvement from last album but not much.He still uses ''Dre.....I'm from Compton....Pac.... Biggie...'' etc... throughout the album to push the numbers and its sickening.He was full of that on last album and you would have think he would have better things to say this time around but no he still on Dr.'s nuts.I don't know how long hes gonna continue doing this and live of Dre.'s name.

Refer to this thread.
http://www.streethop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167542&page=2

i think its weird that he raps about dre in every song but then he raps about not being on aftermath anymore and not having any dre beats. im listining to the album not and it sounds good but i dont think it will be as good as his first album.

the game is garbage now. i use to like him a lil but his name droppin on every verse is lame and he just comes off as a complete fraud to me. im not lookin forward to this album at all except hearing some dope beats and hearing how game is like 2pac and eazy e in every song lol. he is so overrated right now but there isn't it much else to get excited about so i understand. the album will have good songs on it though no doubt. peace

Bobby Sands

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but i cannot stand Game.I hate his voice,his flow, his lyrics and his constant name dropping.People like this album and the other one because of the production.Both albums have little else.

hes trying to sound like dre on this album. he dont even sound the same, and all he does is ride dres dick the whole album. its still a hot album tho.

There's nothing wrong with giving major propz to someone who has played a big part in who you've become today... Thats the story with Game, Dr. Dre had a huge part in bringing him to success, what's wrong with giving him a shout out? You'd do the same thing if someone brought you success and millions of dollars.

and Bone Thugs did the same thing with Eazy E, you don't see anyone callin them ass kissers.. Eternal E ring a bell?

Also i dont see how you can already say a CD is overrated when it hasn't even come out yet.

The tracks that have come out so far are very good, much better than i expected when i found out Dre wasn't gonna be on any beats.

And Bachaveli do you honestly think that dropping the names of dead rappers is gonna increase Games album sales? That is not his goal. Its funny how many people bring that up cuz how many of you have bought a CD cuz they gave a shout out to Pac or Biggie or Big Pun etc?

They had a big impact in his life, let him rap about it, don't be contradictory, go back and see how many times you've posted about pac and how great is music or how much of an impact he had? hows that different with what Game is doing through his music.

Twirlzy said:
Ok, I used to be a big fan of Game, but, recently I have found myself distancing myself from his music. I just can't put my finger on it, it seems like the whole beef didn't do him any favours whotsoever.

It has led to a whole bunch of situations which make this sophomore album a kind of mix, match of conflicting messages and imitation production.

I seems like The Game has alot of demons and it's kind worrying. It's like he wakes up each morning with a different mentality. Seriously, he comes across as being highly unstable. and it doesnt surprise me that many in the industry has decided to steer clear - not least Dre.

I'm not hating on the guy, I just hope he can find some sort of stability through all this seemingly confusing BS.

An album is meant to be somewhat of a concept, where all the tracks come together to deliver an overall message. The Documentary was succesful in doing this. I don't feel the same about Doctors Advocate. Remember, the executive producers of albums help in creating this. Without Dre and 50 the Doctors Advocate doesn't seem to have this direction. From the order of the tracklisting to the overall feel.

It is almost as though he is eating of Dre's name. The title track makes me cringe seriously, it comes across as nothing but ass kissing. Nevermind the name of the album which will casue confusion for many. Plus, Game has to prove he can be more diverse, 'cos come his thrid album (which will probably be on Death Row / Blackwallstreet at this rate) he won't have shit to talk about.

Anyone else feel similar about this?

Did his album drop already? or are you basing this on the songs that have leaked from the past 2/3 days? i would have to reserve this for when the official album drops.....and as far as direction fitty only took that credit for his hook writing on documentary which was an incentive for him to 'work' with game....givin to him by dr. dre....of course the doctor's advocate is GOING TO MISS DRE'S MIXING EXPERTISE, that is putting the record together, but i think game's talent will come thru....but again only time will tell as THE DOCTOR'S ADVOCATE WILL STILL BE THE MOST ANTICIPATED ALBUM THIS YEAR

Mo_Murda - the complete album is out there, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this topic. So until you have heard the complete album how about you don't try and draw conclusions? You too may find yourself not liking the complete album, you never know.

To people who are still asking the question - the album has leaked. I started the thread based on my opinion of the whole album.

ARTIST: The Game
TITLE: Doctor's Advocate
LABEL: Geffen
GENRE: Rap
BITRATE: 199kbps avg
PLAYTIME: 1h 13min total
RELEASE DATE: 2006-11-14
RIP DATE: 2006-10-30

Track List
----------
01. Lookin' At You (Produced By 3:37
Urban EP Pope)
02. Da Shit (Produced By DJ 5:23
Khalil)
03. It's Okay (One Blood) 4:17
(Produced By Reefa)
04. Compton (Feat. Will.I.Am) 4:41
(Produced By Will.I.Am)
05. Remedy (Produced By Just 2:57
Blaze)
06. Let's Ride (Produced By Scott 3:57
Storch)
07. Too Much (Feat. Nate Dogg) 4:11
(Produced By Scott Storch)
08. Wouldn't Get Far (Feat. Kanye 4:11
West) (Produced By Kanye West)
09. Scream On 'Em (Feat. Swizz 4:20
Beatz)
10. One Night (Produced By Nottz) 4:27
11. Doctor's Advocate (Feat. Busta 5:03
Rhymes) (Produced By Jonathan
"J.R." Rotem)
12. Ol' English (Produced By Hi 4:44
Tek)
13. California Vacation (Feat. 4:29
Snoop & Xzibit) (Produced By
Jonathan "J.R." Rotem)
14. Bang (Feat. Kurupt & Daz) 3:37
(Produced By Jelly Roll)
15. Around The World (Feat. Jamie 4:02
Foxx) (Produced By Mr. Porter)
16. Why You Hate The Game (Feat. 9:22
Nas) (Produced By Just Blaze)

Mo_Murda said:
There's nothing wrong with giving major propz to someone who has played a big part in who you've become today... Thats the story with Game, Dr. Dre had a huge part in bringing him to success, what's wrong with giving him a shout out? You'd do the same thing if someone brought you success and millions of dollars.
he shouts out dre in every verse of strip club a few times. hes doing way more than major props. he trys to act hard sayin hes not on aftermath and he has no dre beats on his album then he kisses dres ass on every song. thats all im sayin. just listen to strip club........ theres a difference between props and dickriding someone.

Twirlzy said:
Mo_Murda - the complete album is out there, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this topic. So until you have heard the complete album how about you don't try and draw conclusions? You too may find yourself not liking the complete album, you never know.
It doesn't matter, my whole post doesn't revolve on the fact that you said its overrated, one sentence did, what about your response to the rest of what i said? Anyways I've heard about half of the songs on the CD and i'm a big fan of them, so i already know its gonna be a good album.

************* said:
he shouts out dre in every verse of strip club a few times. hes doing way more than major props. he trys to act hard sayin hes not on aftermath and he has no dre beats on his album then he kisses dres ass on every song. thats all im sayin. just listen to strip club........ theres a difference between props and dickriding someone.
Matter of fact ************* he says Dre's name 5 times in the song, and 2 of the times is in 2 sentences.. like i said earlier, Dre plays a huge role in how Game became famous, whats wrong with showin love to someone who takes you out of the gutter, you'd do the same if you were blessed to be in that same position.

And sure he talks about not being on aftermath, Game understands why Dre isn't on his CD. Game points that out because he wants people to know his album is still gonna drop and its still gonna bump across the world with or without Dre, there's nothing hard about that, he's just stating it how it is. Don't try and assume what he means.. when the real reason is obvious

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
You can easily see how desperate the contemporary hip hop fan is for good hip hop music when he/she labels an album that isn't even in the stores yet a classic.

I feel sorry for you hip hop fans. Hopefully, therapy can somewhat help. Until then, I'm worried.

Lastly, I wish to say this. The phrase "Instant Classic" is an oxymoron.

Overall I think it's a great album, but I actually enjoyed more songs on The Documentary, especially with 50(face it, he's the king of hooks). But even after downloading the full album, I'll still buy this and there's some really good songs in DA.

I don't think Game is entirely dickriding Dre as much as you think. He's giving as much props to his mentor as he can. And after leaving his label, yea, I'd probably try to sound apologetic as I could too(as heard in Doctor's Advocate track). I was anticipating this album when I 1st heard about it, I am a Game fan myself but I wouldn't rate it an instant classic, but one of the best albums of the year at least.

ARon

I like this album better than the Documentary, it's just hard, straight forward, I like it a lot. It baffles me that people still still complain about the whole "name dropping" thing. Seriously, its like people who dont like Game sit there and wait for him to say someones name and be like "see hes wak, name dropping this bla hblah." On this album he showed himself more than the Documentary. He talked about more topics than a lot of other guys do. So be it he still goes back to reppin his home as any other rapper does, he just does it a lot, haha. I feel like I'm tryin to defend this album and The Game. Sometimes I wish everyone treated every album they pick up as something and by someone they never heard of before, just so they go in with a clear mind. If you do that I'd think you'd find this album really really well put together and really good.

You know what I think about it all? I think you all need to stop that whinin god damn!!! Always complainin about SHIT, this album tops all the albums I heard lately, and Im glad FINALLY the westcoast comes back with hardcore good shit, all you people dont know SHIT how tight this album is produced, how tight the flow is of all the artists and ofcourse Game, I heard the documentary, compared it too this one, and finally bitch ass 50 is gone and it sounds better than his debute. So to be honest, fuck everything yall say. This album is a classic already.

Peace.

PuffnScruff

i am a little shocked nobody has galled him "gayme" yet.

i have also started to notice that most people really start turning and hating on artists around the time their soph more album comes out, if they are more of a mainstream.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.