Do you guys think The Game reps Westside enough?

im bored said:
Pfffffft...Does he rep it enough? LOL Look I don't really care but I remember how they used Game as a puppet and put him with G unit...I mean I bet if you did some real good research you'd prolly find out he isn't even from the westside. He doesn't really rep the westcoast. Yeah he mentions it sometimes but uhh I believe he does that because he has to! To hold his image..It's just a way for the big ass label to control the minds of 15 year olds and pacfans...

Don't you think it is just a marketing trick too? Do you really think he is repping the westcoast...

This to anyone who says he does..
When yall say rep the west Im assuming that yall mean that Game doesn't go all out and holler out "westside" all the time or throw up the W enough for y'all cause I don't see how else he's supposed to do it. Plus if it did that I could already see him being accused of bitin off Pac.

But like I said earlier I dont see why all that should be necessary to y'all. Look, Game bigs up Compton all of the time (and as far as I know Game was born and raised west there; I aint heard him or anybody else say otherwise). And same with Snoop, he doesn't even sayin "westside" all of the time, instead you hear him mostly biggin up his town eastside Long Beach. Compton & LB are in the west, and I say as long as you're reppin your hood, thats reppin your coast. You dont hear down south rappers braggin about the "southside" all the time; you mostly hear them biggin up ATL, H-Town, MIA, or wherever city/town their from, same with eastcoast and midwest rappers.

Crunkadelic said:
When yall say rep the west Im assuming that yall mean that Game doesn't go all out and holler out "westside" all the time or throw up the W enough for y'all cause I don't see how else he's supposed to do it. Plus if it did that I could already see him being accused of bitin off Pac.

But like I said earlier I dont see why all that should be necessary to y'all. Look, Game bigs up Compton all of the time (and as far as I know Game was born and raised west there; I aint heard him or anybody else say otherwise). And same with Snoop, he doesn't even sayin "westside" all of the time, instead you hear him mostly biggin up his town eastside Long Beach. Compton & LB are in the west, and I say as long as you're reppin your hood, thats reppin your coast. You dont hear down south rappers braggin about the "southside" all the time; you mostly hear them biggin up ATL, H-Town, MIA, or wherever city/town their from, same with eastcoast and midwest rappers.
Oh damn I gotta agree with you...good post

Rukas said:
Im listening to The Game – Soldier, and in the hook he says “Westside till I die,” and it struck me as sort of odd. Game really doesn’t rep Westside all that much, in comparison to someone like Pac.

Hip-hop back then was in a similar state, NY taking all the credit and the West wasn’t really eating other than a few staple artists. Enter Pac, repping the Westside.

Do you think Game should rep for the west more?

See my problem with Game is he seems to rep a shit load of things, but none really well. He’ll half heartedly rep Aftermath, G Unit, Blackwall Street, the West, Compton, etc etc but he doesn’t really rep anything to the full.

More importantly, do you think that if someone like The Game started throwing up the W and repping California to the fullest, it would help these underground cats come up or get noticed and put on?
How does Game not rep the West to the fullest? I just went to azlyrics.com and counted, and on his album he refers to "Compton", "L.A." or "the west" 29 times on his album. About 8 or 9 of them just alone on Westside Story.

How is that not repping to the fullest?

Just because he doesn't fit the words "west side" into every other bar like Pac did doesn't mean he's not repping to the fullest.

Also, Rukas, I'm suprised someone as smart as yourself tries to convince people that because a guy reps a certain part of town, that's going to help the other unsigned artists with talent get exposure. I don't understand this mentality or how that works, can you explain?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Repping is really old. It doesn't even mean nothing at all, anymore. Therefore, I could care less if he reps Compton.

Crunkadelic said:
i agree wit this totally. Plus the Games a shitty rapper, so if he started reppin westside nemore than he does, and starts bitin pac, then he'd be a shitty, FAKE rapper.

I think he does represent the West Coast more than enough. If you look at the Hate it or Love it video you hear him talking about how "the wrong colors be cautious" and then you see him in the NWA attire as a kid. After that, you see a dude standing by a phone booth with a red bandana next to a Piru street sign. I know he probably didn't decide to do all this stuff, but based upon what we've been seeing on TV and hearing on the radio, he's being marketed as the "West Coast Ressurecter."

If a person reps where they are from such as where they were born and raised then there should be really nothing wrong with it. To me it seems The Game is repping different things for different reasons.

Saint33 said:
i agree wit this totally. Plus the Games a shitty rapper, so if he started reppin westside nemore than he does, and starts bitin pac, then he'd be a shitty, FAKE rapper.
Because repping the West is "biting Pac"?

You know, I've been a "Pac groupie" or "dickryder" or whatever you want to call it since 1995. I'm one of his biggest die hard fans and I find it sickening that whenever a rapper does ANYTHING that Pac did, it's "biting".

So...since Ice Cube and Westside Connection and Snoop and Dre and all them rep the West...are they "biting Pac" as well? Oh...dogg...I just realized...fuck...The Game raps about smoking weed...dude..that is so biting Pac. OH..and has anyone noticed that Game is black? Dogg...that means he's biting Pac.

Y'all motherfuckers need to stop thinking that everytime a rapper does something Pac did, it's not biting just cuz Pac did it. Now, if Game puts on a bandana backwards, starts throwin' the W up everywhere, and releases a song called "Only God Can Judge Me', then you can call him a Pac biter.

And, as far as The Game being a "terrible rapper", I used to think he was very overrated too, but The Documentary has really grown on me. At first I only liked about 4 songs on it...but now I'm diggin' 80% of that CD. It's actually pretty damn good. The Game is still a bit overrated (he has put the West back on the map, but he hasn't quite "resurrected" it.).

I don't think that The Game reps the West as he should, even though his album has this Westcoast sound to it he isn't ready to rep the West fully. I remember once when he did an interview, they asked him if his music is Westside or not and the way he answered was arrogant.

Peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.