Do you guys think The Game reps Westside enough?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Im listening to The Game – Soldier, and in the hook he says “Westside till I die,” and it struck me as sort of odd. Game really doesn’t rep Westside all that much, in comparison to someone like Pac.

Hip-hop back then was in a similar state, NY taking all the credit and the West wasn’t really eating other than a few staple artists. Enter Pac, repping the Westside.

Do you think Game should rep for the west more?

See my problem with Game is he seems to rep a shit load of things, but none really well. He’ll half heartedly rep Aftermath, G Unit, Blackwall Street, the West, Compton, etc etc but he doesn’t really rep anything to the full.

More importantly, do you think that if someone like The Game started throwing up the W and repping California to the fullest, it would help these underground cats come up or get noticed and put on?

i think game needs to respect the west coast more.. i don't think he really respects the west coast... i think he's just in the industry for the money and whatever he's got to do to make it, he's gonna do... he's gonna scream westside, he's gonna scream g-unit, he's gonna scream whatever the fuck as long as he's getting that money. thats all that he's concerned with. he's a west coast rapper with a new york style! how the fuck is that feasible, idk!

he tries a great amount, he even tries to "ressurect it" as much as he claims but I just don't think its enough personally.
I have to give him credit though he does try a shitload in fans recognizing others through his songs so thats kinda cool.
His lyrical skills are good no doubt but he could express them more properly but nonethless he's still alright to me.

Mark Deez said:
i think game needs to respect the west coast more.. i don't think he really respects the west coast... i think he's just in the industry for the money and whatever he's got to do to make it, he's gonna do... he's gonna scream westside, he's gonna scream g-unit, he's gonna scream whatever the fuck as long as he's getting that money. thats all that he's concerned with. he's a west coast rapper with a new york style! how the fuck is that feasible, idk!
Reminds me of 2Pac actually...

i think he's just in the industry for the money and whatever he's got to do to make it, he's gonna do...
"Fuck Badboy" shit is the perfect example. 2Pac did anything to get that extra few record sales.

he's gonna scream westside
As 2Pac did.

he's gonna scream g-unit
DPG, Deathrow...

he's gonna scream whatever the fuck as long as he's getting that money
Yes, 2Pac did.

he's a west coast rapper with a new york style! how the fuck is that feasible, idk!
2Pac was able to combine both, why can't Game?

To be honest I don't care if The Game represents the West. I'm not from there and I'm not a Game fan.

Its like no matter what you do its never seems good enough to the general public. Game does rep the west. He already mentions Compton alot - what more do you want of him? Do you want him to become the stereotype westcoast artist and do all of the typical stuff like throw his dub up and mention "westside" every five minutes? Thats overdoing it. I dont even see why some people feel that its necessary for a westcoast artist to do any of those things. You dont see anybody from any other coast doin all that. Im sayin, everybody already knows where Game is from and he's holding it down, but if BWS is his camp, he should rep that even more just as like any other artist would rep their camp/group/label. Just him being a successful westcoast artist is contributing to resurrecting the west, and Game no longer being on GUnit was good cause now he came fully rep BWS.

I went to him and snoop's concert here in vancouver last week and while getting the crowd to rep westside, pac and biggie, he also threw in badboy and that just confused the fuck outta me. he was hella drunk though but still...

AmerikazMost

He's too busy dropping PAc's and Eazy's name to rep the West.

But yes, I think if he did throw up some dubs it would help the younger cats.

Lok

The guy did a bunch of songs with Westcaost artists, so he obvioulsy reps it & shows it love. I guess he just doesnt do it well, because I haven't seen any singles/videos with Westcoast rappers in them (maybe he does, im not 100% sure beacue I dont bump his music).
he only dropped one official album (I THINK) tough, so time will show if he really reps the West.

Personally I couldn't care less.

Crunkadelic said:
Its like no matter what you do its never seems good enough to the general public. Game does rep the west. He already mentions Compton alot - what more do you want of him? Do you want him to become the stereotype westcoast artist and do all of the typical stuff like throw his dub up and mention "westside" every five minutes? Thats overdoing it. I dont even see why some people feel that its necessary for a westcoast artist to do any of those things. You dont see anybody from any other coast doin all that. Im sayin, everybody already knows where Game is from and he's holding it down, but if BWS is his camp, he should rep that even more just as like any other artist would rep their camp/group/label. Just him being a successful westcoast artist is contributing to resurrecting the west, and Game no longer being on GUnit was good cause now he came fully rep BWS.
good point :thumb:

ThUgPoUnD_RiDer said:
why would a label have anything to do with what he writes in his rhymes? expecially "westside till i die"...
Because they know certain rap fans get wet upon hearing such lyrics.......although I think Game himself knows this & didn't need to be told.

ThUgPoUnD_RiDer said:
why would a label have anything to do with what he writes in his rhymes? expecially "westside till i die"...
what? you think his screamin out gggg-unit cause he wants to. lol. i doubt game had as much creative control on his album as you believe. believe it or not they sit down and have meetings about what to do, say, and what type of music appeals to teen's or whoever the target audience happens to be. probrely why there music is so damn predictable

theres a lot of contradictions with the game IMO. yelling out westside comptom etc then yelling g-unit in the same sentence makes no sense to me.

Pfffffft...Does he rep it enough? LOL Look I don't really care but I remember how they used Game as a puppet and put him with G unit...I mean I bet if you did some real good research you'd prolly find out he isn't even from the westside. He doesn't really rep the westcoast. Yeah he mentions it sometimes but uhh I believe he does that because he has to! To hold his image..It's just a way for the big ass label to control the minds of 15 year olds and pacfans...

Don't you think it is just a marketing trick too? Do you really think he is repping the westcoast...

This to anyone who says he does..

hell no, if he wants to represent west coast he must work with west coast artist/producer, not some east coast artists. 50% of the documentary was eastcoast shit

Lil Jm said:
hell no, if he wants to represent west coast he must work with west coast artist/producer, not some east coast artists. 50% of the documentary was eastcoast shit
Other than Dre's beats on the album, it was executive produced by an eastcoast artist (50). What do you expect?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.