DMX "Here We Go Again" Album Info

This is courtesy of MTV

DMX In A Great Mood Despite Recent Brushes With The Law

Believe it or not, DMX is in such a good mood that he's dancing. He's in Miami at a photo shoot for his new album, and one of his favorites, Stephanie Mills, is playing in the background. Mills singing "something in the way you make me feel" drowns out almost every voice in the room except for — you guessed it — DMX's.

If you ask anyone around him, despite his legal problems over the past several months (see "DMX Arrested After Triggering Three-Car Collision In New York"), DMX has been in a great mood. He's gone back to the studio and back to his origins. His new album, Here We Go Again, is being mixed in Yonkers, New York, and the Ruff Ryders expect to have their most well-known family member's sixth LP out by June or July.

"We been in the trenches the last month or two," said Waah Dean, who runs the Double R with his brother Dee. "We're trying to tweak it, fine-tune it, make it all make sense. It's going pretty well. We gotta let the Dog loose again."

For Again, X used all the producers he messed with when he first skated onto the scene: Shok, Teflon, Dame Grease and the man who's given him the most hits, Swizz Beatz.

"I did four joints on the album," Swizz said recently in his midtown Manhattan studio. "I just gave him another banger yesterday. He's on his grizzly. I think people need to see where he's at right now. Def Jam's got a lot of good plans for him. Jay-Z has a lot of good plans for him. It's all gravy."

Swizz has the first single off the album, which is the type of up-tempo record you'd expect from the two. After that, Waah said, they want to bring something more heart-wrenching.

"We gonna follow up and let the Dog hit them with some pain," he said. "He's spitting. He's got a little bit more depth in what he's doing. He's got about a good seven or eight classics on this joint. We gonna have some fun with it."

Waah and his nephew Swizz haven't been too worried about X's problems with the police. In fact, Waah said his longtime friend has been building on some of the experiences and putting them on his records.

"X is X," Waah said. "He's used to dealing with different situations. We're just happy he ain't in a major situation we can't shake. He's in the studio working, doing what he do. He's a true artist. He can take a negative and turn it into a song."

"That's the regular X," Swizz said of the recent headlines. "X has been going through the same thing for 12 years already. He lives what he says. I don't care whatever million he's getting a movie, he's still gonna be X. He's still gonna walk through the 'hoods, doing his thing. The trouble ain't gonna stop now. It ain't gonna never stop with X. He don't care straight up."

Although Waah didn't disclose too many of the records the veteran MC/actor has in store, he did reveal one title, "Baby Mutha Be Buggin." Some of DMX's lyrics will include "You know I love her, but I can't [be] with her/ Just 'cause we got a kid together, she thinks I'm stuck with her." (Perhaps not coincidentally, X is being sued by a woman who claims he fathered her 3-year-old daughter.)

Guests on Here We Go Again will include new Ruff Ryders Kartoon and Flashy, and there's also a collaboration with producer Scott Storch. This week in Miami, DMX is shooting the video for his first single. Last week he was also in the land of sand and tan, shooting a video for the first single off the Ruff Ryders compilation Ryde or Die Vol. 4: The Redemption. That album should come out sometime this summer, as will solo LPs from Ruff Ryders staples Styles P (Time Is Money) and Sheek Louch (After Taxes) of the LOX.

There are tentative plans for all the Ruff Ryders to go on a 20-city tour sometime after X drops. Waah said he wouldn't mind hitting the road with the Roc-A-Fella camp or making it a sequel to the Ruff Ryder/ Cash Money tour that was a success several years back.

Can't wait for DMX. I thought he was going crazy but it seems he is pretty fine. Lets hope this album gets released. I cant wait for it to come out. Hes got a track with scott storch which will probably be really hot.

Farzin

that song they were talking about "Baby Mutha Be Buggin" was uploaded here not too long ago. i got it somewher on my hard drive. Wasnt that great.

Farzin said:
that song they were talking about "Baby Mutha Be Buggin" was uploaded here not too long ago. i got it somewher on my hard drive. Wasnt that great.
its an old track that he did over an LL Cool J beat, its actually a pretty tight song but he got all wrapped up in that swizz beatz typa music n lost his grind which was real street when he dropped his first album he needs some shit like that, some reall deep shit

I've always loved DMX but i have a lot more respect for him after reading his autobiography, cant wait for a sixth album, hope it gets to #1 in the first week again :D

xxx

not really looking forward to it.

It would have to sound completely different from everything else he's ever done for me to love it.

Farzin

jm5471 said:
its an old track that he did over an LL Cool J beat, its actually a pretty tight song but he got all wrapped up in that swizz beatz typa music n lost his grind which was real street when he dropped his first album he needs some shit like that, some reall deep shit

I agree his first album was dark and a lot better than his other stuff. I liked all of his albums except Grand champ. i wasnt too impressed with that one. i guess thats when i realized that he kinda lost his hunger.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.