Dizzee Rascal - UK Hip Hop

Sound isn't working for me. Never mind, probably some shit wrong with my computer.

Dizzee is alright though. Can't say too much bad about him because he's an originator.

na uk hip hop got its own style for a little while i was likin it alot, but then after that i had to listen to more pac and shit like that, 99% of uk hip hop is poorly produced, theres the odd tune thats quite good... im not puttin it down in anyway, just sayin its a start for the UK and only better things can come

PaulyPac said:
like that tune "pow" i mean wtf is that hahaha
Yep, that shit's catchy.

I think I heard that it was meant to be an anti-violence song but I think it's one of those tunes that'll have people knocking fuck out of each other.

The problem with a lot of UK rappers is that there just thinking about there local club or the guys they know up the road/block when they make music. That’s the reason why UK hip-Hop will never be as big as the US.
Plus there's the accent thing, a lot of people don't like UK accents.
But I think Dizzee Rascal is ok, he's repping where he's from and he's getting paid for it so I give him props. He’s got skills and a good flow but I can't really see him breaking the US in a real big way.

I think a lot of UK acts just should stick to what they know and play it safe.
Cuz look at Craig David, I’ve never liked him but he was one of the biggest RnB Artists in the UK. But when he went to break the states, in the matter of a few months he came back to the UK with his tail in-between his legs acting like nothing happened. When every one knew he went over there and fell on his face and he came backing acting like he never left and was still the best. Wtf!!
Singing that weak shit, “what’s your flavour?, whoooooo Tell me what your flavour?”
(Shut the fuck up you fag!) & now he’s even more or a joke.

Dizzee should stay in the UK cuz that’s there his audience is.

Nick

Pow is a good example of UK Hip Hop at it's worst, the track is really poor. Not production wise, but it has no content. There are plently of other quality tracks coming out of the UK.

Nick

Sith Angel said:
The problem with a lot of UK rappers is that there just thinking about there local club or the guys they know up the road/block when they make music. That’s the reason why UK hip-Hop will never be as big as the US.
Plus there's the accent thing, a lot of people don't like UK accents.
But I think Dizzee Rascal is ok, he's repping where he's from and he's getting paid for it so I give him props. He’s got skills and a good flow but I can't really see him breaking the US in a real big way.

I think a lot of UK acts just should stick to what they know and play it safe.
Cuz look at Craig David, I’ve never liked him but he was one of the biggest RnB Artists in the UK. But when he went to break the states, in the matter of a few months he came back to the UK with his tail in-between his legs acting like nothing happened. When every one knew he went over there and fell on his face and he came backing acting like he never left and was still the best. Wtf!!
Singing that weak shit, “what’s your flavour?, whoooooo Tell me what your flavour?”
(Shut the fuck up you fag!) & now he’s even more or a joke.

Dizzee should stay in the UK cuz that’s there his audience is.
Im thinking the same thing. Cos no matter what people think, UK hip-Hop is blowing up, and it's gonna be big here even if it isn't in the rest of the world. I still think that people world wide are gonna recognise British artists even if it ain't alot of people, cos Hip Hop in the states right now is so hollywood, the British stuff is raw like Hip Hop was back in the early 90's in the states.

And I kno what your saying about people not liking the accent, cos even people from the UK that ain't from the south don't like UK Hip Hop cos of the London accent.

Nick

Roaddogz said:
south? im from the south and the accent and hip hop still piss me off haha
your probably from out in the fields and woods and shit, with all the rich peeps :D :thumb: I'm from london so the London accent obviously doesn't bother me.

2 b honest im from ireland and i tink dizzee is an unreal rapper his accent on 'dream' and 'stand up tall' really helps the songs but i know this sounds stupid but irish hip-hop has potential if you wants some links 2 some tracks just send me a private message

by the way 'pow' is a shit track

I have to disagree with this, First off the pow tune ain't hip hop anyway it's garage thats why ya might not think it's not a good hip hop song cause it's not meant to be hip hop at all, dizzee is a mixture of garage and hip hop and i think he's definatley reppin UK well, if you want to here pure UK hip hop listen to rappers like Klashnekoff and Skinnyman you still might not like them but there the one's who just make hip hop and no garage they 2 of the best UK rappers i know anyways but thats my opinnion

peace
TG1

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.