Dirty Harry And Nasir Jones-Living Legends Chapter 1

Dirty_Harry_And_Nasir_Jones-Living_Legends_Chapter_1

^^ yea some of the rhymes are killin me to i heard em before but cant remember where they from at the moment lol where the hell is that verse nas spits at the end of the live at the bbq when they bring the beat back..where is that from? is it actually on live at the bbq? i know i've heard it before..

im listenin to it now its pretty dope i liked how they used that bobby valentino beat for black girl lost 05 wit papoose (papoose ripped it) and how they had him over the ambitions of a ridah beat...and nas over biggie's your nobody till somebody kills u beat is dope too....i like the blends they using its pretty good so far...i dunno if its better than big or pac's rap phenomenon but its better than that fake rap phenomenon of jay z easily

mixtape of the year already...

heres a link for those who need it...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UGV0NXQV

after i fully listend to this shit its dope as fuck..

i dunno how i would compare it to the big and pac ones tho ...

but its easily right up there with those 2

and the nas pac and big ones are waaaaay better than that fake rap phenomenon that was done for jay z

linx

Staff member

Tha_4Gotten said:
This is pretty hot, this just raises tha anticipation for the new Nas album
Nah, I wouldn't say that. Not unless this mixtape is making you into a Nas fan and you haven't heard much/if any of his material before. I'm saying this because all the shit on the mixtape is just blends, nothing new really. Even though to me, blends are like brand new songs.

whats the song that they use for the murder was the case blend? i dont think i ever heard that before its dope

Tha_4Gotten said:
This is pretty hot, this just raises tha anticipation for the new Nas album

yeah does ne one hve any info on the new nas, im craving some real rap tunes i can bob my head to..... any word on the direction or sound nas will use on this album?

7 Syns

I think it's a very good mixtape, Id really like to see a Big L one similar made to this.

peace.

linx

Staff member

gerrycurl21 said:
someone write up a a tracklist of the beats dirty used
Who feels like doing that? Take everyones word for it and just cop it, it's worth it. The beat selection is good, although I didn't like Hate Me Now mixed with Mic Check. Just didn't fit well.

^ "Street Dreams" (remix) with R. Kelly.

This shit's actually pretty good. Dirty Harry's blending, sampling, mixing and scratching skills are all on point here.

That "Hit 'Em Wit Da Mule" shit is insane. Anyone know where Nas' lyrics on that are from?

Also, that new song with Lauryn Hill has grown on me SO much. Somebody else has gotta back me up that it uses the same sample as the beginning of "Knowledge God".

^^ the first verse is from street dreams remix too? i heard the remix before but that first verse sounds diff i see tha second verse is from there when i looked up the lyrics tho i dunno about that first verse...

it sounds like a completely diff song lol..way better than street dreams remix

linx

Staff member

2pacnbiggie said:
^^ the first verse is from street dreams remix too? i heard the remix before but that first verse sounds diff i see tha second verse is from there when i looked up the lyrics tho i dunno about that first verse...

it sounds like a completely diff song lol..way better than street dreams remix
Yeah, the first verse is a part from his Street Dreams remix. The whole song is vocals from his Street Dreams remix. The first verse on the Dirty Harry mix is from the third verse on the actual remix. The second verse in the mix is the start of the second verse from the actual remix. The third verse is from the third verse on the actual remix. As far as it being better than the actual Street Dreams remix, no way. That's one of Nas' best songs.

its linx! said:
Who feels like doing that? Take everyones word for it and just cop it, it's worth it. The beat selection is good, although I didn't like Hate Me Now mixed with Mic Check. Just didn't fit well.

I "copped" it before i made that post, Im just wondering what the beats are, Like most of the people, we reconize them but cant put a name on it.

thanks for the info linx...

im mad this mixtape doesnt fit a blank cd when i try to burn it....i jus took off the suicide bounce and war songs tho, the album versions of those songs were better than the ones on here anyway..so no big loss...

ill-matic

^ yo your link is busted man

i need a link for this. im getting sweaty with anticipation and it's killing me

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.