Did Jimmy Iovine help remove a song from Mos Def's album?

one mc on dj said:
Is it me or is Jimmy suddenly the one all yall are aiming at to hate on now?

Im guessin it is still cool to be a shady/aftermath/interscope hater...

Kinda strange cuz Benzino does the exact same thing yall do...

If you feel this post wasn't aimed at you don't even bother to reply...for those who do reply blow ur cover ^....identify urself please...
People have been hating Jimmy Iovine since before Interscope records went solo. Its nothing new.

I might be wrong, but wasn't people accusing Def Jam of doing the samething they say Interscope is doing now? I think Nas was one of them during the beef between him & Jay.

ArtsyGirl

Yeah but the fact that he owns it doesn't change the other fact that a lot of ppl are mentinion Iovine more than they had ever done b4...How does this thread help ppl...? Since when do people care about him?
How many times? I've seen two threads about him including this one. I think its fair to start a thread about this since its a rumour and needs to be discussed, since now we find the truth that it was removed from some for a sample clearance. How come its alright to hate on Suge any chance people get but Jimmy is some kind of God who we shouldnt discuss?

artisticgurl said:
How many times? I've seen two threads about him including this one. I think its fair to start a thread about this since its a rumour and needs to be discussed, since now we find the truth that it was removed from some for a sample clearance. How come its alright to hate on Suge any chance people get but Jimmy is some kind of God who we shouldnt discuss?

I agree that it should be discussed, but the point is that Jimmy is being hated for "rumored" reasons. Suge's hated because he killed the west coast with his own 2 hands. Also, he spends his time on making up stories instead of putting out albums. The hate on Suge is justified, the hate on Jimmy is all by association.

ArtsyGirl

I agree Suge brings that on himself, but people get hated on everyday and that gets overlooked, why's Jimmy different? And I dont see many people discussing him.

one mc on dj said:
Do you think I work for Interscope? If so what makes you think I work for Interscope? Why can't I be someone who just noticed Jimmy Iovine is mentioned a lot...Why do can't I be someone who noticed people mention him only in a negative way. :rolleyes: Why do so many people suddenly give a fuck?

Do me a favor answer these questions and shut the fuck up allright... :)
Damn nigga or should I say whitey. Why with the negativity? I swear you cant have any fun with anyone on a hip hop message board without trying to show off how 'hard' they are.

Hostile Apostle said:
I agree that it should be discussed, but the point is that Jimmy is being hated for "rumored" reasons. Suge's hated because he killed the west coast with his own 2 hands. Also, he spends his time on making up stories instead of putting out albums. The hate on Suge is justified, the hate on Jimmy is all by association.
if ur talkin bout pac.........das a rumour because a=he hasnt been charged with it. and b=its never been proven. if suge killed the west coast with 'his own two hands' havent there been anyone else to be able to bring it back up ? ie dre, snoop, xzibit, ice cube, warren g ?

Hostile Apostle said:
Suge's hated because he killed the west coast with his own 2 hands...The hate on Suge is justified, the hate on Jimmy is all by association.
Dont talk shit

Explain how Suge Killed the west coast ?? LOL

If it wasnt for Iovine, Tha Row would be able to blow shit up again, someone needs to take that fucker out, Iovine's company is killing hip hop.

artisticgurl said:
Well than all I can say is...DO you see me hating on suge knight and making jokes about him like im a fucking 12 yr old who is obsessed with tupac death row or ne thing that is related to em?...

Do you see me defending Jimmy Iovine like he is a God or sumthing? No you don't you saw me asking why people mention him so much lately..Who said I was talking about threads anyway? Look at the individual posts and you'll see what I mean...

Now what did I mean with HOw does this thread help people?

Im saying sup with all the hate towards Iovine at the moment? I wasn't the only one who noticed it! The thread itself as it started was allright tho I mean the question if it was removed or not but why involve Iovine in it. Get what I am trying to say?

Tito said:
Damn nigga or should I say whitey. Why with the negativity? I swear you cant have any fun with anyone on a hip hop message board without trying to show off how 'hard' they are.
LMAo wtf? You are joking right? :p Did you try to get into someone's sig with that post? It's stupid enough to be sig material man

Does it matter what colour skin I have? Why do you insist on calling me a whitey...? What makes you think I am white?

fuck you if it offended you in your own thread lmao...Seriously your post proved that you're a dumbass...Now reply to this one and shut the fuck up allright :) De ja vu?

Is that negative enough 4 you? :thumb:

one mc on dj said:
Well than all I can say is...DO you see me hating on suge knight and making jokes about him like im a fucking 12 yr old who is obsessed with tupac death row or ne thing that is related to em?...

Do you see me defending Jimmy Iovine like he is a God or sumthing? No you don't you saw me asking why people mention him so much lately..Who said I was talking about threads anyway? Look at the individual posts and you'll see what I mean...

Im saying sup with all the hate towards Iovine at the moment? I wasn't the only one who noticed it! The thread itself as it started was allright tho I mean the question if it was removed or not but why involve Iovine in it. Get what I am trying to say?
bro the first part was referencing u i think, but :)

sniper said:
bro the first part was referencing u i think, but :)
I didn't get what you were tryna say at first..but hmz..by saying DO you see me hating on suge <<Im saying why hate on suge too...I don't talk shit about him on the internet why should you? LIke fans man I still don't get it..Fans have the right to discuss things but what is the point of making corny jokes about some 1 who runs a label...If it was just jokes I would have let it go...but yeah it is never just jokes...

ArtsyGirl

one mc on dj said:

No I dont recall seeing you diss Suge, but I've seen plenty others and never seen you step in like you have with this thread to question it.
Again I havent seen people mention him so much infact the only time he is brought up is in threads about him.
Obviously someone heard Iovine was behind it and asked the question to find out if it was true or not, therefore Iovine needs to be involved.

artisticgurl said:
No I dont recall seeing you diss Suge, but I've seen plenty others and never seen you step in like you have with this thread to question it.
Again I havent seen people mention him so much infact the only time he is brought up is in threads about him.
Obviously someone heard Iovine was behind it and asked the question to find out if it was true or not, therefore Iovine needs to be involved.
Yeah you are right I never noticed the Jimmy thing until this thread ya know it was actually the 1st time I have said something of it...
So yeah ur also right when you say he has to be involved in order to answer the thread starters question..I totally agree and I also know you know what I am talking about...Ima stop this discussion right here cuz I have made my point and you have made yours...the answer has been given so there is no reason to continue this discussion..

Peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.