Death Row's Great Marketing of Against The Grain

Notice how 2pac live was garbage and how they even fucked up putting an 8 second track on there. Well deathrow didnt want it released like that.They even wanted to release a DVD with it.

Now same thing happened with ATG. Koch just put that shit out and putting the tracks together how they wanted. There was a different tracklist from deathrow before the album was released.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
bigmack said:
Notice how 2pac live was garbage and how they even fucked up putting an 8 second track on there. Well deathrow didnt want it released like that.They even wanted to release a DVD with it.

Now same thing happened with ATG. Koch just put that shit out and putting the tracks together how they wanted. There was a different tracklist from deathrow before the album was released.
That’s bullshit. Koch is a distributor, not a record label. They dont have a say in the music, they can only chose whether or not they want to distribute it. So basically what happened was Koch probably said "Do this or we wont distribute the CD" and greedy Death Row said "Sure!" But because they want to save face for the wackness they are saying this now. Its bullshit.

PaulyPac said:
No Daz said he don't wanna fuck with Koch.
He said there's gonna be two Dogg Pound albums - one on Koch and one being released on his own label. He said he wasnt gonna do any producton on the Koch one cause he doesnt like Koch.

Rukas said:
That’s bullshit. Koch is a distributor, not a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=9&k=record%20label" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: record label'; self.lm_skeyphrase='record%20label'; if(window.event) self.lm_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.lm_timeout = setTimeout('lm_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.lm_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.lm_timeout) clearTimeout(self.lm_timeout); self.lm_isOverTip = false; lm_closeiframe(); self.lm_skeyphrase='record%20label'; window.status='Search for: record label';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.lm_timeout) clearTimeout(self.lm_timeout); self.lm_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('lm_closeiframe()', 1500); ">record label</a>. They dont have a say in the music, they can only chose whether or not they want to distribute it. So basically what happened was Koch probably said "Do this or we wont distribute the CD" and greedy Death Row said "Sure!" But because they want to save face for the wackness they are saying this now. Its bullshit.
Ask Dante,i'm sure he knows more than u.Koch fucked up the release of the 2pac live album and i'm sure it's the same for ATG.
Nobody knows what kind of contracr they signed with death row so u can only guess...and it may be a bootleg put out by the koch people I heard there is not the koch logo on it.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
club662mob said:
Ask Dante,i'm sure he knows more than u.Koch fucked up the release of the 2pac live album and i'm sure it's the same for ATG.
Nobody knows what kind of contracr they signed with death row so u can only guess...and it may be a bootleg put out by the koch people I heard there is not the koch logo on it.

Like I said, they can say do this or that but they dont have control of the music, at the end of the day its Death Row's choice and fault, they could have gone with a different distributor.

Hostile Apostle said:
FYI: My searches of the Sunday Morning ads shows that Against The Grain will be $7.99 at K-Mart. $9.99 @ Circuit City, $11.99 @ Target.

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rukas said:
That’s bullshit. Koch is a distributor, not a record label. They dont have a say in the music, they can only chose whether or not they want to distribute it. So basically what happened was Koch probably said "Do this or we wont distribute the CD" and greedy Death Row said "Sure!" But because they want to save face for the wackness they are saying this now. Its bullshit.
Nah man.Koch probably had the tracks already,but deathrow took too long to make decisions so koch just slapped the tracks on there and put it out. i'm not saying these are typical actions of distributors,but in this case,thats what probably happened.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.