D-Block Responds To 50 Cent's Disses

In 50 Cent’s world, lyrical warfare is justified simply through affiliation. The Queens-bred MC has aimed his callous lyrics at fellow New York rappers Jadakiss and Fat Joe, both of whom contribute verses to 50’s rival Ja Rule’s anthem “New York, New York.” Fat Joe, Jadakiss, and Rule have promptly responded to the verbal assault.

“It ain’t like when him and Ja was in the nucleus of what they was going through, I hopped on a song with Ja and it looked like I was going against (50),” Jadakiss argued in an on-air interview with radio personality Funkmaster Flex. The Hot 97 DJ refused to play 50’s highly controversial dis record “Piggybank” due to disputes it might cause. The song reportedly targets Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Shyne, Nas and even Kelis.

Jadakiss says his contribution to “New York, New York” was pure business. The D-Block member also brings up the fact that he worked with his former Bad Boy mentor Sean “P. Diddy” Combs, even though the two have conflicted in the past.

Still, 'Kiss says he contemplated whether or not to appear on Rule’s single. Lox companion Styles P. ultimately convinced him it would be a good career move. “Bottom line, business is business. Ja is a big record seller,” Styles P told Flex. “For him (Jadakiss), when Ja called him [to do the song], to sit there and think [Ja] got beef with 50 is totally ridiculous.”

50 further bashes his Interscope label mate Jadakiss in the March issue of XXL, stating, "You can't break a million records, and you call yourself going platinum...I know your numbers is 800 [thousand] and change, and you can't get over that hump? He's a great rapper, but he's not a great songwriter. I got artists under me that are better than him."

If any serious beef were to erupt though, Styles P pointed out that the label would immediately favor 50 Cent because of his platinum-selling status. “We over here struggling, striving and happy to go one mil and get a mil in 'cause that’s deep for us…He’s selling 10 million records," P said. "If we in the same house with [him], who you think at the end of the day, if it gets out of control, they gon’ lean toward? We ain’t stupid. Automatically, he wins.”

In 50’s perception, he’s not the one initiating the beefs. "When they are in their articles, they say 'F**k 50' off the record. But they won't say it to my face,” 50 told XXL. “The difference between them and me is I don't have a problem saying f**k them in front of them."

50 thinks Fat Joe has been taking subliminal jabs at him for awhile, for instance. But Joe says he knew Rule and Irv Gotti before any beef arose and saw no reason to turn down “New York, New York” simply because of beef between Rule and 50.

Rule, no stranger to 50’s battle cries, seems fed up with the constant bickering. The Queens rapper told AllHipHop.com in response to 50’s "Piggybank" record, “That’s good for [50]. I’m glad that he’s jealous of what I’m doing. Is he campaigning or something?”

Speaking to a New York Daily News reporter, however, Rule was a bit more vehement toward his cross-town nemesis. “Stop talking about me and come see me face to face," Ja told a reporter at the premiere for his new film, Assault on Precinct 13.

Rule also issued an angry retort to 50’s comment in XXL that he would sign Rule after all is said and done. "I own my own company already. I might sign him," Rule said. "He's been on my [case] for a long time.”

And now, 50 is dishing the beef out to others. How they respond in song remains to be seen

allhiphop.com

the interview was already posted i think , but saw the joe and ja quotes, the first ja one is funny

“That’s good for [50]. I’m glad that he’s jealous of what I’m doing. Is he campaigning or something?”

lol

man this is crazy..i feel really sorry for kiss...

adds another why to the why list:

Why did kiss have to get into all of this

KosimO

On Probation: Please report break in guidelines to
Lyrical battle is no contest, Jada takes it on both of them. He should just rip 50 and Ja

AnarchistFunk said:
In 50’s perception, he’s not the one initiating the beefs. "When they are in their articles, they say 'F**k 50' off the record. But they won't say it to my face,” 50 told XXL. “The difference between them and me is I don't have a problem saying f**k them in front of them."
um when does he tell ppl off to there face, hes the last person that would do that, i dont think he even does it behind his sercurity and cops

You see guys how everything leans always towards the most commercial peeps even though they aren't necessarily better than others who are selling less. Just take a look at Talib (Beautiful Struggle), I don't think he sold that much of his new album, but damn it's too good to be true.

Peace

sniper said:
real talk.
Nowadays, that should be the FIRST question on a rappers mind. "Who do they have beef with?". When you appear with another apper in a video or on a song, you're showing support for that artist and what they do. Whether you think so or not, that is the case. People tune into BET and see Ja Rule and Kurupt in a rap video together, or turn on the radio and hear Rule and Kurupt on a song together and the first thought is "OK, so Tha Row is down with The Inc". Like Eminem says himself in LTS, when you align yourself with a specific rapper, ESPECIALLY if it's working with them and collaborating with them, you pretty much inherit each others beefs.

Then, again, with me, loyalty is the most important aspect of ANY relationship. So...if I were Kiss, when Ja called me I'd have said no because I know right off the bat that several of my label mates have beef with you. I'm actually kinda surprised that Rule asked Jada to do the song knowing that Jada had been rollin' with Em and crew.

But...that's just my opinion.

KosimO said:
Lyrical battle is no contest, Jada takes it on both of them. He should just rip 50 and Ja
I don't see how anyone says Jada would rip 50. I think 50 and Jada are both trash. Jada's lyrics are I think average usually at best and while I like his voice, his delivery COMPLETELY SUCKS. If he had more fluent delivery, I would probably listen to Kiss of Death again. Instead, it's in my pile of CD's that I never listen to anymore.

aban said:
this beef is almost as sad as tupacs/biggies beef
Not even close. Ja is a bitch and won't do shit, but 50 wouldn't hesitate to rip that boy up. Problem is, 50 is not nearly as crazy as Pac could get sometimes.

Either way, I'd love to see a physical fight because 50 would OBLITERATE Ja.

^^ You sound so inanely immature with that comment.." I would LOVE TO SEE A FIST FIGHT".. Come on man, grow up a little.

Have you not heard Power of the Dollar or any other mixtape by Jadakiss? They are both great - or have the potential to be great, so in this instance it's not a good idea to make a judgement by assessing an album/s that are targetted at a mainstream audience.

Your logic astounds me - well, your lack of logic.

You sound so inanely immature with that comment.." I would LOVE TO SEE A FIST FIGHT".. Come on man, grow up a little.
...the fuck is wrong with you? I'm "immature" for being interested in seeing a fist fight?

Um...isn't there a sport where grown men in their 20's, 30's and even 40's fist fight each other to win money? Yeah, it's called boxing.

Shut the hell up already, would you? Trying to target everything I say and turn it into something negative is really a lame attempt on your part to try to make me look bad. But, you're 16, so, you've got a lot to learn yet.

Have you not heard Power of the Dollar or any other mixtape by Jadakiss? They are both great - or have the potential to be great, so in this instance it's not a good idea to make a judgement by assessing an album/s that are targetted at a mainstream audience.
Well, I'll tell you what, you listen to who and what you listen to, and I'll do the same. And I'll even make you a promise. If you stop telling me why I'm an idiot for not listening to <insert rapper here>, I won't respond to you anymore.

Your logic astounds me - well, your lack of logic
What logic is that? The logic of listening to a persons music and making the decision as to whether or not I like said artists music?

KosimO said:

Wha r u talking about ??? WHy would jada take both of them?

Anways.... it seems these days 50 is kind of bitching about everything thats happening.How is 50 selling 10 milll , whos buying that shyt?

jason_g_718 said:
...the fuck is wrong with you? I'm "immature" for being interested in seeing a fist fight?

Um...isn't there a sport where grown men in their 20's, 30's and even 40's fist fight each other to win money? Yeah, it's called boxing.

Shut the hell up already, would you? Trying to target everything I say and turn it into something negative is really a lame attempt on your part to try to make me look bad. But, you're 16, so, you've got a lot to learn yet.

Well, I'll tell you what, you listen to who and what you listen to, and I'll do the same. And I'll even make you a promise. If you stop telling me why I'm an idiot for not listening to <insert rapper here>, I won't respond to you anymore.

What logic is that? The logic of listening to a persons music and making the decision as to whether or not I like said artists music?

Could you stop bringing up my fucking age? It has no relevance here.

And im not calling you an idiot for not listening to a particular rapper. It's just you choose to remain ignorant of several things which totally disprove your arguments i.e. saying 50 Cent and Jadakiss are trash when:
a) Power of the Dollar is considered an underground classic
b) MANY people were anticipating Jadakiss' album because of what they had heard from mixtapes.
You fail to see that they both have potential for something much more... And, in a sense, it's like judging Eminem's rapping abilities by only listening to Encore and keeping yourself ignorant of Infinite, MMLP and SSLP (because Encore is Eminem's worst effort).
Do you see my point now, or do you need further explanations?

I don't see the link between rapping and boxing - do you? Why muster unnecessary violence in hip hop? We already know Ja Rule beat up 50 with a crutch anyway.

And im not calling you an idiot for not listening to a particular rapper. It's just you choose to remain ignorant of several things which totally disprove your arguments i.e. saying 50 Cent and Jadakiss are trash when:
a) Power of the Dollar is considered an underground classic
OK, first of all, you need to get something straight. A person's opinion as to what artists they think are good and which ones they consider to be bad does not have anything to do with their level of intelligence on the matter. Opinion does not constitute ignorance just because you disagree with the opinion.

And I got news for you, just because an artist puts an album out that is considered a "classic" doesn't mean that rapper can't fall off. Case in point, Snoop Dogg. I've seen a lot of people on this board say that Power of the Dollar is a classic and the in the same post say "but he has fallen off since those days".

And you say I need to learn?

b) MANY people were anticipating Jadakiss' album because of what they had heard from mixtapes.
I bought Kiss of Death. HUGE disappointment.

You fail to see that they both have potential for something much more...
I don't agree with you. That's all there is to it. Now, my opinion is not any more correct or incorrect than yous is. So, read my opinion and be a fucking adult and agree to disagree.

And, in a sense, it's like judging Eminem's rapping abilities by only listening to Encore and keeping yourself ignorant of Infinite, MMLP and SSLP (because Encore is Eminem's worst effort).
Do you see my point now, or do you need further explanations?
Your point is moot because this is all a matter of opinion. It's all subjective. One person may say that DK7 is 2pac's best album ever. Another person might say that Me Against The World is. Each one has their own opinion and neither one is any more right or wrong than the other. And I'd say that 11 of the songs on Encore are a good representation of Eminem.

I don't see the link between rapping and boxing - do you? Why muster unnecessary violence in hip hop? We already know Ja Rule beat up 50 with a crutch anyway
Look, asshole, and I call you that because you damn well why I brought up boxing. You blasted me and said I was "immature" for saying I'd like to see a fist fight. I brought up the fact that fist fighting is indeed a sport and men get paid millions of dollars to fist fight and people pay to see it. So...how is fighting or wanting to see one "immature"? You said it, not me.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.