Crooked I Ghost Writing on Detox (Track inside)

I've been playing this song constantly over the past couple days, but it just hit me... does this beat remind anyone of the music that plays in the haunted house in Disneyland?

Dubcnn: You just mentioned Dr. Dre, that's another thing that people have been talking about right now, I don't know if you wanna speak on that. That track that leaked to the internet, that "Say Dr. Dre".

Crooked I: I mean, I'm not really gonna speak on that, but I talked to Dr. Dre, and Dr. Dre knows I got nothing but love and respect for him. Working with him would be a honour.
I hope I didn't quote Crooked out of context here... but for real.. you should check out the whole interview on DubCnn... the dude is as real as they come man... as far as the top MCs in the game are concerned... Crooked shouldn't even be on that list, the brother is on an even higher level.

All the positive shit he's trying to do for his people, that's what Hip-Hop is all about.

If there's one rapper you need to support now, it's Crooked I.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
I've been playing this song constantly over the past couple days, but it just hit me... does this beat remind anyone of the music that plays in the haunted house in Disneyland?
i havent been there in so long so i wouldn't know lmao

but it is a dope track

7 Syns

Ghostwritten song or just a creaitive song I don't care, I downloaded this the other day and it's been on repeat a few times already. Some 30/40 spins in 2 days from me.

All I know is that Crook, Ras and Bishop gotta get together and record some shit. The potential most knew was in L.A. is finally showing. As for Crook, the best emcee out there without an album?

peace.

Preach

Tiago said:
As for Crook, the best emcee out there without an album?
i agree.

what tru said about the crooked i interview over at dubcnn was true, i read it too. crook got the right attitude and i got no doubt in my mind he's gonna make it large if people go along with it.

Da_Funk

Thats the thing, he is as real as they come and so dope on the mic. You'd think someone would is big would WANT to give him a shot but no, everyone sleeps on him

Preach

^^
he speaks on snoop not doing that, and furthermore, dissing him for having a wack style, despite the fact that snoop used to tell him his style is dope back in the day. wack shit lol.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
Sarr said:
using a ghost-writer is weak...im sorry. I give him props for his beats (which i heard most have been ghost produced also) but as an MC he is no way near the top 10 because of the fact he cant write his own shit

i dont give a fuck about people on the street and what they say...they just hear a catchy tune, a good voice and get hooked. Thats all good and well, but to me its weak
its pretty easy to sit at a computer and critisize dre but at the end of the day he has done more for hip hop than you ever could

Da_Funk

Sarr said:
using a ghost-writer is weak...im sorry. I give him props for his beats (which i heard most have been ghost produced also) but as an MC he is no way near the top 10 because of the fact he cant write his own shit

i dont give a fuck about people on the street and what they say...they just hear a catchy tune, a good voice and get hooked. Thats all good and well, but to me its weak
Why on earth would you think dre has ghost producers, he's been in the industry for what, 20 years? He's changed the face of hip hop multiple times, you think he wouldn't have been exposed by now if he'd had a ghost producer? As far as the MC part lol, its been known forever that Dre's never written his own lyrics but he's one of those rare cases where it doesnt really matter since not to many people can fuck with his production

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
say what yous want...but a few people have come out and say dre stole their beats. They said something like "we made the melody, flipped it, added the bass, he just put his drums over it and didnt give us the credit". I forgot who said that..but snoop mentions it in his recent interview..

im not saying its completely true..but where there is smoke their is usually fire

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sarr said:
say what yous want...but a few people have come out and say dre stole their beats. They said something like "we made the melody, flipped it, added the bass, he just put his drums over it and didnt give us the credit". I forgot who said that..but snoop mentions it in his recent interview..

im not saying its completely true..but where there is smoke their is usually fire

You need to understand the creative process to making music.

That's like saying hip-hop is not music. All the Dj's do is steal music from Gospel, Electro, Funk and Blues artists and put drums over it. Sounds like sampling to me.

Daz said your above comment about California Love, which sounds in essence virtually identical to the track it samples. So if Dre flipped it and added drums, what did Daz do? Press record on his sampler? Genius.

Dre makes his own beats, he doesn't steal them. But he also works with musicians and Dj's too. If he jacked beats he wouldn't have been around for nearly 25 years. His card would have been pulled.
If all these people really had the talent they say they do then Sam Sneed, Daz and Co. would be huge artists in their own rights and their claims to fame wouldn't be co-production credits on a handful of DeathRow tracks.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.