Crooked I Ghost Writing on Detox (Track inside)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
This track has just leaked to the net. Rumours, which is exactly what they are, are as follows -

1. Crooked wrote this for Dre over a skeleton beat, so that the beat intended for Detox wasn't leaked or sold to a mixtape DJ. Dre is too old in the game for that to happen.

2. This was a track written by Crooked to pass to Dre in the hope of getting on Detox.

3. This was 1 of a few tracks submitted by crooked for detox and was rejected for sounding to similar to material on 2001.

Apparently the beat was not produced by Dre.

If the interview with Crooked and StreetHop happens soon, although I'm out of commission for a while I will get the 101 on the track.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/crooked-i-detox-01-say-dr-dre-produced-by-dr-dre-mp3.html

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
man....dre isnt as great as people make out...i feel cheated whenever i hear one of his songs...the words arent even his!

Sarr said:
man....dre isnt as great as people make out...i feel cheated whenever i hear one of his songs...the words arent even his!
How many rappers have lyrics that are their own? Not many.

Dre can get away with it because he has a good rap voice, and he remains as an icon in the rap game. Ask fans on the street if they give a fuck, and you will a resounding "NO!" Only hip-hop heads give a fuck about that.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
using a ghost-writer is weak...im sorry. I give him props for his beats (which i heard most have been ghost produced also) but as an MC he is no way near the top 10 because of the fact he cant write his own shit

i dont give a fuck about people on the street and what they say...they just hear a catchy tune, a good voice and get hooked. Thats all good and well, but to me its weak

First off:

1.) This is NOT A DETOX SCRAP

2.) This is NOT PRODUCED BY DRE

3.) This is NOT GHOSTWRITTEN FOR DRE

4.) Dr. Dre does NOT HAVE GHOST PRODUCERS

5.) The story of this track goes: Crooked I did a track that sounds similar to this and Dre nodded and said he liked it so Crooked I flipped it into Dr. Dre's perspective. That's where it goes and that's where it ends.

its already been posted.. DR DRE DID _NOT_ PRODUCE THIS!!

this was a crooked i song originally of another name.. dre had casually said he liked it.. so as something meant to be a surprise crooked rerecorded it from dre's perspective to show dre.. things around dre being as they are (in that people get mad hype..).. the shit leaked and spread like wildfire..

dre never produced it, he never asked for it, he was never involved with it at all.
This was never supposed to leak lol...someone from Dynasty just fuckd up and people who know how to search for music found the shit in one of folders. Shit leaked all over the net few weeks ago. Anyway like Overceer said its just a song Crooked I made, if its for Detox ?maybe it was, now its not,,anyway Crooked came too hard for this to be on Detox.

And yeah Dynasty and Aftermath relationship is still all good.
please don't make me school you kids on the whole ghost producing thing either

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
^^ Your source is from Dub CNN's forums. That doesn't make it right. It's just people giving their perspective.

I agree Dre doesn't use Ghost Producers. That was a rumour created by haters for haters.

I'm not saying it was definately supposed to be on Detox, or that Crooked is definately ghost writing for Dre. It is however a posibility. If I can sort out the interview with him soon enough, but I have things to take care of first and Crooked is a busy man, then I will get the answers direct from the horses mouth.

Also Crooked I is aware of this thread on StreetHop and of those on Dub CNN. It's a shame that all this shit happened and hopefully we'll get the truth from Crooked soon.

I would love to see Dre and Crooked I work together. Crooked is an amazing lyracist and ticks all the boxes on what I look for in a rapper. Dre is the top hip-hop producer ever. It would be a great collaberation.

Pittsey said:
^^ Your source is from Dub CNN's forums. That doesn't make it right. It's just people giving their perspective.

I agree Dre doesn't use Ghost Producers. That was a rumour created by haters for haters.

I'm not saying it was definately supposed to be on Detox, or that Crooked is definately ghost writing for Dre. It is however a posibility. If I can sort out the interview with him soon enough, but I have things to take care of first and Crooked is a busy man, then I will get the answers direct from the horses mouth.

Also Crooked I is aware of this thread on StreetHop and of those on Dub CNN. It's a shame that all this shit happened and hopefully we'll get the truth from Crooked soon.

I would love to see Dre and Crooked I work together. Crooked is an amazing lyracist and ticks all the boxes on what I look for in a rapper. Dre is the top hip-hop producer ever. It would be a great collaberation.

The people who are giving their perspective are people who know what they are talking about. example Cvrle.. he's part of Crooked Is forum mod team.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DUB CEE said:
The people who are giving their perspective are people who know what they are talking about. example Cvrle.. he's part of Crooked Is forum mod team.
I'm not gonna argue because what happened isn't good for Crooked. And that's all I'm gonna say on the matter.

It was all for net fame. Let's hope Dre and Crooked are still cool.

And remember all of the information here is just rumours.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.