Could 50 be the next Em or Jay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_carmi

me, myself & us
you are jason_g... an idiot who kept replying to every post against eminem d12 etc and defend them.

i think 50 wont be that a big business man. his attitude is gon fuck him up.

soundscan said:
#36/Game/Documentary/27,336/24,483/1,943,965
http://www.urbanconnects.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=505
thats last weeks @ freshprince/jason.

freshprince said:
Just out of curiosity, and this is a genuine question. How do you know how involved or not Jay was in things like that at the Roc? I mean, really, unless any of us were employed there, are good friends w/ any of those involved, none of us here have a clue really as to who did what, when, where and so forth.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking for your support.
well im assuming as i dont have concrete evidence as such but if you notice dame and biggs always signing artists, back when the roc was in effect u never noticed jay signing any1. he may have advised on a few, but dame always used to handle the business part.
plus as dame and biggs were always around, its harder to believe that jay ran the roc alone.

freshprince said:
Nah...I disagree. First of all, if Suge did it independently, why can't 50? It's not like 50's strapped for cash, I mean, Jesus, dude has a house that's 78,000 square feet. Do you understand how big that house is? It's like being in a fucking modern day castle. He even has his own nightclub IN HIS HOUSE. Yes...he has his own nightclub in his house. But, I think 50 getting to do this has more to do with his allegance with Eminem.
suge didnt do it alone, suge was on interscope :thumb:

I think you will. All of the younger crowd will listen to whatever he says. If he says Mobb Deep is "hot shit" they'll be huge same with MOP. That's how it is with Shady/Aftermath and G-Unit. Eminem did it with 50. No one outside of hip hop heads knew who this guy was then Eminem and Dre were throwing his name everywhere and the everybody loved him. I hate it because there's so many artists out there who deserve it more than 50, but when he's got Eminem on his side he'll basically come on top.

Thats just not true 50 is entertaning come on d12 did not blow up like 50. 50 had a deal before em came along things just did not work out the first time. if anything the fasination people have with him being shot 9 times and living plays a big role with 50

Farzin

freshprince said:
Well, you don't paraphrase and quote it like the person actually said it. If you're a journalist and you do that...you get fired.
In what world do you live in what journalist hasnt done that to make a story sound better.

Wow. "shut up". You're just so friendly dude. Again, what did I do to you to be spoken to so rudely?

So, who am I?
you are jason g and i already said that in the "i am going to an em concert" thread. :p

To answer to the thread.

As a buiseness man he could be up there with jay and em if he plays his cards right which he seems to be doing.

as an emcee in no way could he be because as someone already said he lacks depth. Also he is not as respected simply because of the lack of skill.

Dave D

Really? Wow...that shocks the shit out of me. You actually think 50 will be a better businessman than someone like Jay Z? OK...now I think you're high.

Damn...I don't get why so many people are giving this clown love. I just don't get it.[/QUOTE]

listen up cupcake, im not giving this dude "love", dame dash is the business man not Jigga .. 50 cent made 50 million dollars after tax in ONE YEAR!

you are jason_g... an idiot who kept replying to every post against eminem d12 etc and defend them.

i think 50 wont be that a big business man. his attitude is gon fuck him up.[/QUOTE]

OH, ok, well, if I'm falsely being accused of being someone, at least now I know who I'm supposed to be. And half of D12 sucks, so I'd hardly defend them.

As for 50, I agree with you. His "it's me or him" mentality is going to kill his career eventually.

In what world do you live in what journalist hasnt done that to make a story sound better.

I live in the world where the facts are more important than the story.

Do you live in America? Have you heard the big to do all over the country about Detroit Free Press writer Mitch Albom making up facts about certain Michigan State basketball players being at a NCAA game. He lied. It was proven the 2 guys he spoke of talking to at the game...weren't even there.

He almost lost his job and was suspended from the Detroit News for about 2 months.

Are you serious? "what journalist hasnt done that to make a story better"? The kind that don't get fired.

You must work for The Enquirer or something.

you are jason g and i already said that in the "i am going to an em concert" thread. :p
Why is everyone so paranoid around here?

To answer to the thread.
Couldn't that have been done in 1 post, rather than writing like 2 or 3 that diss me first?

As a buiseness man he could be up there with jay and em if he plays his cards right which he seems to be doing.
Right, but his "me or the other guy" mentality will be his downfall.

as an emcee in no way could he be because as someone already said he lacks depth. Also he is not as respected simply because of the lack of skill.

No shit, that was never a question. Anyone that thinks 50 can attain the status Em or Jay have as rappers are on crack.

roaches said:
Please. He's already surpassed them.

Shady:
50 Cent - superstar, but the only role Eminem plays in that is the logo on the singles
D12 - Eminem's sidekicks
Obie Trice - shipped platinum, every single flopped
Pharoahe Monch - went from "Agent Orange" to "Fish Fillet" after signing with Shady
Stat Quo - has that good underground buzz going, but that's it
Young Zee - rolls D12's blunts, was probably signed to counteract Pacewon's criticism

Roc-a-fella:
Memphis Bleek - flops every time, just flopped again
Sauce Money - wrote "I'll Be Missing You" for Puffy, disappeared
Amil - was dropped, with a coat hanger as a consolation prize
Beanie Sigel - hot albums, but has he ever sold more than 700k?
Freeway - great album, but did he even go gold?
State Property - hot singles, dope albums, don't move units
Kanye West - closing in on 3x platinum, but he did all the work himself
M.O.P. - have to drop indy albums under pseudonyms just to keep their name out there

50 Cent:
Lloyd Banks - multiplatinum, hit singles
Young Buck - multiplatinum, strong singles (no real hits, though)
The Game - multiplatinum (and let's be honest, 50 played a big role)
G-Unit as a group - multiplatinum

good list although with Young Buck Shorty Wanna Ride did break the top 10 on the Rb/Hip-hop Charts

Truthfully they all suck

Eminem is straight up piff that needs to commit suicide after droppin that pile of shit Encore

50 Cent..2 more years and all the white people buyin his cd's wil realize he is a pathetic gimmick and his career will be over

Jay..dude is the biggest biter...fakes his retirement for more buzz..disses his own stans..and is lyrically average @ best...also is the most over-rated rapper in history of hiphop

so fuck all 3

Ether2005 said:
Truthfully they all suck

Eminem is straight up piff that needs to commit suicide after droppin that pile of shit Encore

50 Cent..2 more years and all the white people buyin his cd's wil realize he is a pathetic gimmick and his career will be over

Jay..dude is the biggest biter...fakes his retirement for more buzz..disses his own stans..and is lyrically average @ best...also is the most over-rated rapper in history of hiphop
so fuck all 3

BIG L RIP BRO??????

Ether2005 said:
Truthfully they all suck

so fuck all 3
True Encore was a HUGE FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT, but I'd hardly say that constitutes Em as "sucking". I don't think every album 2pac has dropped was golden but I'd hardly say he sucks because I don't like every album.

An artist doesn't suck because they release a bad album. They suck when they produce nothing but shit and can't sell anything. Eminem doesn't fit that category despite the sad offering that Encore was. I'm hoping his rumored 5th album "The Funeral" will be better.

As for 50, I'm white and I knew the moment 50 dropped he was complete shit. I remember seeing the video for "In Da Club" and for like 30 seconds I was like "ohh...who's this new 50 dude Eminem has signed?". Then, after hearing some songs from GRODT off the internet, I knew 50 is a piece of shit.

Now, the real funny part, is that when 50's doing guest appearance, that's when he REALLY SHINES.

For real, think about it. "Hate It Or Love It", "How We Do", "Never Enough", "We All Die One Day" are 4 songs where 50 ALMOST shows up the person whose album he's on.

Not one person in this group can tell me truthfully that 50 DIDN'T outshine Eminem on "Never Enough". True, Em's verse was twice as long as 50's, but 50's flow just killed that fucking beat. "Never Enough" probably contains one of 50's best verses ever, both in regards to flow and lyrically. Now, this only leaves one question. Did 50 write his own verse, or did Em write it?

But I do agree that in 2 years, 50 will be nothing. In 1997 when Master P was the big shit in town, I told everyone by 2000 he'd be nothing, and I was so fucking right.

freshprince said:
True Encore was a HUGE FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT, but I'd hardly say that constitutes Em as "sucking". I don't think every album 2pac has dropped was golden but I'd hardly say he sucks because I don't like every album.

An artist doesn't suck because they release a bad album. They suck when they produce nothing but shit and can't sell anything. Eminem doesn't fit that category despite the sad offering that Encore was. I'm hoping his rumored 5th album "The Funeral" will be better.

As for 50, I'm white and I knew the moment 50 dropped he was complete shit. I remember seeing the video for "In Da Club" and for like 30 seconds I was like "ohh...who's this new 50 dude Eminem has signed?". Then, after hearing some songs from GRODT off the internet, I knew 50 is a piece of shit.

Now, the real funny part, is that when 50's doing guest appearance, that's when he REALLY SHINES.

For real, think about it. "Hate It Or Love It", "How We Do", "Never Enough", "We All Die One Day" are 4 songs where 50 ALMOST shows up the person whose album he's on.

Not one person in this group can tell me truthfully that 50 DIDN'T outshine Eminem on "Never Enough". True, Em's verse was twice as long as 50's, but 50's flow just killed that fucking beat. "Never Enough" probably contains one of 50's best verses ever, both in regards to flow and lyrically. Now, this only leaves one question. Did 50 write his own verse, or did Em write it?

But I do agree that in 2 years, 50 will be nothing. In 1997 when Master P was the big shit in town, I told everyone by 2000 he'd be nothing, and I was so fucking right.
I dont like none of Eminems albums, they all pathetic, dude talks about rapin his own mother in 1 of his albums, we all know the rest dissin pop-groups (Thats probably the only mainstream battle he has won) dissin homos and dissin kim, his verstatlity is pathetic nothin more

He has talent but very over-rated

Ether2005 said:
I dont like none of Eminems albums, they all pathetic, dude talks about rapin his own mother in 1 of his albums, we all know the rest dissin pop-groups (Thats probably the only mainstream battle he has won) dissin homos and dissin kim, his verstatlity is pathetic nothin more

He has talent but very over-rated
*laughing his ass off* I'm sorry, dogg, I can't even read that shit you wrote with a straight face, just too funny.

Dude, even the Eminem haters on this board acknowledge the Marshall Mathers LP as a classic. That says something in itself.

But, hey, hate on the dude, go ahead, he can take it, you ain't hurtin' his sales.

freshprince said:
*laughing his ass off* I'm sorry, dogg, I can't even read that shit you wrote with a straight face, just too funny.

Dude, even the Eminem haters on this board acknowledge the Marshall Mathers LP as a classic. That says something in itself.

But, hey, hate on the dude, go ahead, he can take it, you ain't hurtin' his sales.

Marshall mathers a classic

yea if thats true ill find a horse..with wings

freshprince said:

that statement right there should shut all haters up forever, the simplest logic all the complaining and dissing someone makes on a rapper is worth nothing (unless you are famous or rich or both yourself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.