Congratulations to Three 6 Mafia

S. Fourteen

Congratulations to Three 6 Mafia for their Oscar win in the Best Achievement In Music Written for Motion Pictures category. They were recognized for their song It’s Hard Out Here For A Pimp.

They seemed really happy. :)

I don't know the difference between Emmys, Oscars, Grammys, whatever.

I haven't heard any Three 6 Mafia besides that radio song which I didn't like but congratz.

PuffnScruff

they were really happy.
they were the only happy people there

you know if they didnt win there would have been alot of people calling the acadamy racist.

i cant help but wonder if the whole award show is rigged.

This was a big night for Hip-Hop and I'm happy to see it. Congratulations Three 6 Mafia.

Check out my thread in Fair Xchange, I've upped the video of their performance.

1love

PELLA

PuffnScruff said:
they were really happy.
they were the only happy people there

you know if they didnt win there would have been alot of people calling the acadamy racist.

i cant help but wonder if the whole award show is rigged.

thats exactly what my mom said.
I was shocked when they won. 3-6mafia's wack! But whatever, good for them i guess :thumb:

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Edit: I think I'm an idiot. It was a Grammy.

Yeah, I'm happy they won. Good song too, I might download it.

yeah...been bumpin' three 6 mafia for years...the real kings of crunk

i liked how Jon Stewart said: "Martin Scorsese...Zero Oscars....Three Six Mafia One!!!!"

that was classic...yall need to peep all of three six's ol music too...they got alot of great music...this last album doesn't even sound like the dark music they was first made

PuffnScruff

ive been listening to three6 for ten years. my first album was chpt2 world domination. i still find it odd they won. good for them though

ARon

Yeah it's tight they won, they were happy as hell too and had no idea what to do.
Why would they be racist if they didn't win? If this is the case the Academy has been racist for, forever.
But man I was happy as hell watchin em jump up and down, shit was tight.

PuffnScruff

Aristotle said:
Yeah it's tight they won, they were happy as hell too and had no idea what to do.
Why would they be racist if they didn't win? If this is the case the Academy has been racist for, forever.
But man I was happy as hell watchin em jump up and down, shit was tight.
i dont think the academy would be racist if they didnt give the award to 3 6, but i could see alot of hateful people like sharpton or jackson playing the race card trying to call the academy racist for not giving them the award.

good for 3 6, they deserve it. Of course the outsiders are going to try and bring up race and the fact that the song isnt some mind blowing deep shit. That song was made for "Hustle and Flow" nothing else, so it served its purpose.

roaches

What's racist is everyone's giggling about their winning.

That, and Crash winning "Best Picture". "Look, we're Hollywood! We're not racist! We gave this shitty film awards! We're serious about this!" Motherfuckers.

WayCide-Ridah said:
yeah...been bumpin' three 6 mafia for years...the real kings of crunk

i liked how Jon Stewart said: "Martin Scorsese...Zero Oscars....Three Six Mafia One!!!!"

that was classic...yall need to peep all of three six's ol music too...they got alot of great music...this last album doesn't even sound like the dark music they was first made

Yeah, definately check out their older music. It seems like they went more commercial on this album :(.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.