Common's "Be"

2Pax said:
I'm not really feeling Kanye's production on this apart from 'Food' and 'Chi City'.
I gotta disagree there, Kanyes really impressed me here. Makes me wonder about the quality of the beats he is holding back for Late Registration.

roaches

I can't wait to hear a proper-quality version of this album.

One question, though - Common wants to tour with Nas, right? If so...

"...It aint '94 joe we can't go back / the game need a makeover / my man retired, I'ma TAKEOVER / tell these HALFTIME niggas break's over"

?

roaches said:
I can't wait to hear a proper-quality version of this album.

One question, though - Common wants to tour with Nas, right? If so...

"...It aint '94 joe we can't go back / the game need a makeover / my man retired, I'ma TAKEOVER / tell these HALFTIME niggas break's over"

?
When it's quoted like that, I agree it looks damning, but in the song it kinda goes by without too much notice past the references..But still it definately can be interpreted as a diss from Nas.

The first line just appears to be addressing the fact that people don't receive his "growth" as an artist, and keep calling for a Resurrection-type record. But then it does definately get a little close to a diss with the Jay and "Halftime" references....however it's not exactly like Nas or anyone is still acting like Illmatic is the current style or anything, unless you interpret Nas' throwback attempt as that...ohhh I don't know, and it will prob be one of those things that no one ever finds out clearly.

PuffnScruff

damn it got uploaded after i left the crib. when i click the link it takes me to a page that says error. am i doing somethig wrong or is the link down? can anyone re up if it is please?

Mase

I really want a good quality release with no scratches.
Anyway, my favourite song is "Testify" so far, the Album is looking extremely nice.

Mase said:
I really want a good quality release with no scratches.
Anyway, my favourite song is "Testify" so far, the Album is looking extremely nice.
That, along with "Chi-City" and "Faithful" are on heavy rotation for me at the moment.

Re-up
hxxp://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CXNH4RIS5YTB1BUBAIUUJTELN

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.