Cassidy-- Im A Hustla Album

The album was cool, but i still prefer his mixtapes. I dont really like his voice though, its pretty annoying so i dont listen to his shit that often.

before i go into the negative ill say one thing positive, i think that cassidy understands how to rhyme and how to write lyrics, for some reason to me when he puts it together it just sounds wack.... especially on his singles,

"i'm fresh to death, dressed to impressed"

when you read it, it sounds kind of tight, but when he spits it it just comes out real simple and wack, i think part of it is his voice, which is kind of harsh but really not meant to rhyme, i give him props for being able to ride those too swizz beats beats, because both are pretty intimidating from a rapper view.

another thing, is that he loves to use the same word to rhyme things with, which gets old, really really fast, like

I get it poppin on da block like a b-boy
If u cop a couple of rocks u get a freeboy
U can take a couple of shots and get a kilo
If you try to take what I got or stick me boy
See boy? Tryna fuck around with me boy
The wrist like fuckin a bitch wit no c (condom) boy
I'ma G boy Get smoked by da 3 boy
Coke by da key boy
Got dope and da e boy

its just lazy, i've never really felt that stereotype southern/philly flow.

I'm a hustla, I'm a hustla homie
I got the product, narcotics for customers homie
Feins open they be smoking like a muffler homie
niggas phoney so I only got a couple of homie
If you a hustla I could, I could fuck wit you homie
You spend a couple of bucks I stay in touch with you homie

ive used the tracks "I'ma Hustla", "B-Boy Stance" as examples, all lyrics taken off lyric sites so if there are mistakes. i realize these are more mainstream tracks but i can honestly know to expect just more of this garbage from the rest of the album, with the exception of can't fade me, which is still a tight joint even though i dont enjoy cass's verse, the lyrics themselves are dope but the way he spits them, not feeling.

A

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
thats weak^^^^ your basing your opions on singles which 4 the most part are dope.But hey whatever floats your boat.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.