Cam'ron: Purple Haze

Sun_Tzu said:
if you think lyrics first why would you even think about Camron?
Because I'm not familiar with him. Like I've said many times, up until recently (like a year ago or so) I've pretty much NEVER paid much attention to many East Coast artists. I have never liked the East too much. Actually, I need to rephrase that. Since NWA hit, I haven't cared for a lot of stuff put out by the East. I've preferred West pretty much since NWA came out. Since they broke, the only East Coast artists I've paid any attention to were:

Ja Rule (that ended up being a mistake, haven't supported him since Venni Vetti Vicci)
Method Man (to me, it's hit or miss with this guy. I can listen to one song by him and I'm loving it. I listen to another and he's puttin' me to sleep)
Rakim (of course, listening to him is like the pre-req. to listen to rap)
Biggie (Bought R2D when it dropped and hated it excluding like 2 or 3 songs, now I just hate him completely)
Jermaine Dupri (probably more considered as "south" but close enough for me, I still like this guy. Life In 1472 I thought was great)

And with the exception of the real OG's, I mean the road pavers (BDK, Flash, Fresh Prince, DMC, KRS, etc...) those names are the only one's I've remotely liked.

And, when you have artists like 50 Cent reppin' the East, it makes it easier and easier to not like the East.

Oh, yeah, one East Coast artist I LOVE is Young Buck. That dude carries 80% of the talent in G Unit, and Banks holds the rest. Banks is pretty good too, but I feel the same about him as I do Method Man, he's it or miss. Buck needs to break away from the Unit if he doesn't go to prison. Dude has hella talent and flow IMO and has not let 50's stupidity or extreme lack of talent bring him down.

Hot

just dont buy it, trust what people are saying cos cam is probably the worst rapper ive ever heard. His flow is terrible. The only thing that helps purple haze is the production.

Here is a sample of some fine camron lyrics

"You get a dumb ho, and get dumb happy
Go to the gun show, get gun happy
Stuck, killed, mugged, milt
Tone flint sticks, bo, Chubs milk
Poochi, baba, butta got the hardest shells"

ps. young buck isnt from the eastcoast

jason_g_718 said:
Because I'm not familiar with him. Like I've said many times, up until recently (like a year ago or so) I've pretty much NEVER paid much attention to many East Coast artists. I have never liked the East too much. Actually, I need to rephrase that. Since NWA hit, I haven't cared for a lot of stuff put out by the East. I've preferred West pretty much since NWA came out. Since they broke, the only East Coast artists I've paid any attention to were:

Ja Rule (that ended up being a mistake, haven't supported him since Venni Vetti Vicci)
Method Man (to me, it's hit or miss with this guy. I can listen to one song by him and I'm loving it. I listen to another and he's puttin' me to sleep)
Rakim (of course, listening to him is like the pre-req. to listen to rap)
Biggie (Bought R2D when it dropped and hated it excluding like 2 or 3 songs, now I just hate him completely)
Jermaine Dupri (probably more considered as "south" but close enough for me, I still like this guy. Life In 1472 I thought was great)

And with the exception of the real OG's, I mean the road pavers (BDK, Flash, Fresh Prince, DMC, KRS, etc...) those names are the only one's I've remotely liked.

And, when you have artists like 50 Cent reppin' the East, it makes it easier and easier to not like the East.

Oh, yeah, one East Coast artist I LOVE is Young Buck. That dude carries 80% of the talent in G Unit, and Banks holds the rest. Banks is pretty good too, but I feel the same about him as I do Method Man, he's it or miss. Buck needs to break away from the Unit if he doesn't go to prison. Dude has hella talent and flow IMO and has not let 50's stupidity or extreme lack of talent bring him down.

:rolleyes: quit braggin you make me laugh

fez

BUY IT!!! everything cant b serious
sometimes u want to throw something on that u can have sum fun 2, everything doesn't have 2 b about thought provoking lyrics, it was one of the best produced albums of last year, every song bumps, production was off the hook
Cam may not b the worlds greatest lyricist but he makes entertaining music & his flow compliments the beats perfectly

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Young Buck is southern. Cashville?????? Ring any bells?

LOL!!
Pac was also originally from the East...so I guess he wasn't a true West Coast artist? :rolleyes:

Buck is from the south, but repping an East Coast label...think about it.

jason_g_718 said:
Quit accusing me of bullshit when I'm just making conversation, which is what we're heare to do. :rolleyes:
LOL your post only proves you are bullshittin man... :p

How come the only westcoast artists I see you talk about are the famous ones? And you started listening to rap how many years ago?
And all you listen to is dre warren G n Snoop? If i have to believe what you are saying than I'd say you got into hip hop after Dre's 2001 album :confused:...

So here is what I wanna know...fuck westcoast tho fuck the whole coast to coast thing that shit is played...newayz...

Could you give me ur opinion on:

Redman&Meth
Busta Rhymes
Cage
Tech n9ne
Little Brother
Jadakiss
Dead Prez
De La Soul
Immortal Technique
Haiku D'etat
Talib Kweli
Bone thugs N Harmony

I tried to spread it a lil bit 4 ya...tell me what ya know and what you dont know I'll Upload 4 ya so we can talk about it...Just a start

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.