Calling out names for publicity.

_carmi

me, myself & us
AmerikazMost said:
Nah 7, you're absolutely right. It is a big part of hip-hop, and it makes it more interesting and it usually inspires some great pieces of work. The difference in the 50 Cent case, in my opinion, comes not from the beef itself, but from who 50 Cent is. From the moment he hit mainstream, he's been all about the money and cheap marketing tricks to sell records. That right away cheapens anything he does in my eyes. So when he calls out people like Nas and Jadakiss, two guys who are about the music and could tear him a new asshole on the mic, it's hard to respect it.

But that's just from my point of view.
:thumb:

7 Syns

This isn't a thread about 50 Cent, not trying to make it that. This is a thread about beefing for publicity and how it has almost always existed in hip-hop.

peace.

ArtsyGirl

I think its always been Hip Hop to compete for the top honours and to become that you have to be popular. Motives changed I think, it isnt about respect so much anymore but who has the most money - Which you dont need a whole lot of musical talent to get.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.