Calling out names for publicity.

7 Syns

People got alittle bit too upset when 50 Cent called out Jadakiss and Fat Joe to further promote his record "The Massacre" early last year. Claiming thats not what hip-hop is about, but isn't it? I can't see the problem with 50 dissing someone out as compared to when Roxanne Shante called out UTFO? Or 'Pac called out Nas, Biggie & Jigga after newely signing to DeathRow Records. Or KRS dissing Shan and the entire QB district on his debut.

Look at LL, his career was faltering slowly until 'Bis did them lines in "4,3,2,1". He used that to his advantage and resurrected his career by getting at Canibus.

Just some food for thought.

peace.

Brett

^ good point i couldnt give a shit who he calls out as long as they reply. Im dissapointed none of these guys 50called out have even responded, come on Nas drop another ether for the fans.

ArtsyGirl

^Jada & Fat Joe responded and in my opinion both were better than 50's, especially Jada's.
I dont really care, 50 is all bout makin money and I dont like his music anyway.

If that was really the case with 'Pac that he called them out for publicity then he made a bad choice. I, me personally cant justify that. no matter who that is you do such thing it makes you look like a bitch money hungry.

ARon

The only differene than what I see and the the 50 situation is others actually had a motive besides money.

Aristotle said:
The only differene than what I see and the the 50 situation is others actually had a motive besides money.
That Nas and others 'Pac called out had a reason to respond back but Jada and Fat joe dont have reason to respond 50?

ArtsyGirl

~Bachaveli Don~ said:
That Nas and others 'Pac called out had a reason to respond back but Jada and Fat joe dont have reason to respond 50?
I think he means the Beef had another motive besides money, which for some I agree with for instance Pac n Big's was personal whereas I dont see a personal connection between 50 n Jada/Fat Joe.
I dont mind Beef on wax as long as talent is involved, 50 in my opinion doesnt have much of that so the Beef is weak. Thats why I liked Jada's response I could hear talent in that.

artisticgurl said:
I think he means the Beef had another motive besides money, which for some I agree with for instance Pac n Big's was personal whereas I dont see a personal connection between 50 n Jada/Fat Joe.
I dont mind Beef on wax as long as talent is involved, 50 in my opinion doesnt have much of that so the Beef is weak. Thats why I liked Jada's response I could hear talent in that.
I dont mind beef either but only if reasnable beef is made. the one thats reasnable and worth being beef. well no beef should be looked as its worth it because it could lead deaths and so so but i mean if an emcee beefs he better have good reason to be beefing and it better be real.

HellRazor05 said:
Pac pretty much had reasons to diss the people he did. I guess they didn't really respond to him out of respect. Nas & Jigga weren't as big as they are now when Pac was dissin them, so respondin to him might have hurt their careers. It just pissed me off that 50 went at Jada just for being on a song with Ja. After 50 basically praised DMX & The Lox when he was coming up. "All the other hard niggas, they come from Yonkers," turned into "Your ass is local." This coming from the same man who claims he runs New York from an out of state mansion. Not to mention he couldn't even finish his verse in "I Run NY," his hype man (Yayo) ripped it better than he did and that's sad.
maybe he had reason 2 diss biggie but i think that pac was stupid cause he dissed nas and mobb deep. But i dont really give a fuck who beefs wit who.
peace

Lok

People have been dissing who ever's hot at the moment since day one. Do you have any idea how many N.W.A/Compton Diss tracks are out there?

dissing increases sales which brings fatter pockets , its when it gets personal and the gunz come out is when dissing is real but when its kept in the music for publicity i.e. game and 50 beef den its juss for money.

7 Syns

Aristotle said:
Roxanne had a motive? LL had a motive? What is different from 50 dissing Jada & Joe compared to 'Pac getting at Jigga? Both cases were stern from affiliation nothing more.. Jada/Joe to Ja and Jigga to Biggie/Puff..

peace.

7 Syns

roaches said:
Hip-hop without senseless beef is like eating salad at a southern barbecue.
Exactly, I forgot how many times rappers from different walks of life have said hip-hop was like a competitive sport. I mean collabos are like relay events even though your working with someone at the same time you're still trying to out-do them even when you're on the same team (in this case song, groups). etc.

Disses are not exclusion. There's no difference besides personal opinions on your favorite and least favorite artists.

peace.

7 Syns

HellRazor05 said:
Pac had a better reason to diss Jay-Z then 50 did to diss Jada & Joe. Biggie did a song on Jay-Z's album in which he threw some lines at Pac. Yeah, that's affiliation but Ja didn't throw any shots at 50 on "New York, New York," and wasn't featuring on Joe or Jada's CD. Plus, Reasonable Doubt was loaded with subliminals toward Pac & the west coast (I.E. "Too much west coast dick lickin'" -Jay-Z, on the same album as "Brooklyn's Finest.") while Ja's album didn't make any references to 50. 50 might as well diss everyone that ever did a song with Ja, why not diss J. Lo and Fabolous...oh yeah what about DMX, Jay-Z and everyone else that did a song with Ja? 50's reasons are ridiculous.
What song were you listening to? 'New York" is one being subliminal aimed at 50, even Jada's verse was suspect. Not trying to start anything from a song but you sir are blind or deaf. There is NO difference from one man going at Jigga for affiliation and another man going for Jada/Joe.. in both circumstances both men had subliminals aimed at them from the people they ended up dissing.

It comes down to you loving 'Pac's music which is cool but at the same time disliking 50's. Cause thats the only way you can say what you just said.

peace

AmerikazMost

Nah 7, you're absolutely right. It is a big part of hip-hop, and it makes it more interesting and it usually inspires some great pieces of work. The difference in the 50 Cent case, in my opinion, comes not from the beef itself, but from who 50 Cent is. From the moment he hit mainstream, he's been all about the money and cheap marketing tricks to sell records. That right away cheapens anything he does in my eyes. So when he calls out people like Nas and Jadakiss, two guys who are about the music and could tear him a new asshole on the mic, it's hard to respect it.

But that's just from my point of view.

Theres no question 50's beefing has no reasoning and is nothin but childish. this guy is paranoid. he gives himself way too much credit. he thinks everything is about him and everybody evolves around him so to speak. he makes himself look like way too important which isnt the case really.

ARon

No one is hating 50, a lot of people don't agree with his motives, or his arrogance. yeah you can say Kanye or Jay might be arrogant but they have the right to be, they make good music.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.