12 They Out To Get Me featuring Denaun Porter
Produced by Denaun Porter

13 Get Down
Produced by Timbaland

14 I'll Do It All
Produced by ?

15 Your Time Has Come
Produced by Dr. Dre

The album has officially been leaked, pretty good considering it held on for this long. The release date is in a fortnight or so.

Post feedback in this thread.

peace.

Busta - Big Bang Retail?

i am pretty sure Rakim had a track over the beat for
track 15, Your Time Has Come aka Legend Of The Fall.
its produced by dre. can anyone confirm?

Busta - Big Bang Retail?

DPG iz all I C said:
It was confirmed that Dre had dropped a 16 bar verse on the retail and i dont see it on that tracklist.

the sample that got used couldnt get cleared, so it didnt make the final cut.

7 Syns

Tracks which missed the cut are as followed (Just incase anyone wants to improvise and add a few to their burnt copies);

I'll Hurt U .. Scott Storch Prod.
I'll Hurt U [Remix] (featuring. Eminem] Scott Storch Prod.
Do The Damn Thing (featuring. Redman) Erick Sermon Prod.
Get Flat .. Just Blaze Prod.
Get Hype (featuring. Cassidy & Papoose)
Get That Gwap (featuring. Slim Thug)
Look Who
New York Shit [Remix] (featuring. KRS-One) Marley Marl Prod.
Rebel Muzik (featuring. Sizzla)
Rock Cocaine
The Crown (featuring. Spliff Starr)
Touch It [Remix] (featuring. Lloyd Banks, Papoose, DMX, Rah Digga, Missy Elliott & MJB) Swizz Beatz Prod.
We Up To No Good .. Dr. Dre Prod.

I know there's like about 20 more I missed, this album has had alot of cut material floating around the net for some time. Busta definately did his fair share of time in the studio. Hopefully the album is hot. I know who will dislike it and like it already anyways lol.

Downloading as we speak.

peace.

7 Syns

This is definately a solid album, the instrumentals are hard. I however don't like Busta over-usage of his more monotone flow, he didn't come with as much energy with his delivery as I had expected and wanted. Lyrically it's his best since E.L.E., 4/5 record.

Can't Hold A Torch w/ Tip is :eek: one of the hottest songs i've heard this year if not the last decade.

Goldmine w/ Rae is :thumb: crazy chemistry bewteen Rae and Bus. It's got me fiending for Cuban Linx II

Don't Get Carried Away w/ Nas is :thumb: :thumb:

Goddamn this is a hot album. I told y'all.
I told everyone this would be Busta's best album to date. :)

peace.

7 Syns

Hype: Leader of a new school.
When hype finally evolves into a purchasable or in this case a downloadable product it either lives up or more often then not falls about 70 miles short. Ofcourse I have to ask, what is hype? The masses sharing similar thoughts of inpatience of a certain item through a movement generated by excitment? Perhaps. Hype is what has made some less then impresive albums in hip-hop history sell and it's that very story which usually sums hype up. But however once in awhile an artist comes along packed head toe filled with hype and actually delivers.

The Coming.
About 2 years since Busta Rhymes initially confirmed rumours that he had infact inked a deal with super-producer and all in all music icon Dr. Dre, fans have literally watered at the mouth for what could be one of the best albums in Busta Rhyme's long and distinguished career. With close to 50 leaked songs prior to "The Leak" finally happening, people often argued if Busta and Dre could or couldn't deliver. At times signs weren't so great check "The Crown" and/or 'Rebel Musik" both solid tracks but definately no where near the potential Busta can produce. Then there was times in which all signs pointed up to an absolute banger check "We Up To No Good" and/or "I'll Hurt You".

When Disaster Strikes.
May 29th and the anticipated Busta Rhymes Aftermath debut album (his 7th solo) hits the internet. Fans frantically hit every server in which the album has been uploaded onto to download the album. 'Get You Some' featuring Q-Tip and Marsha from Floetry kicks off The Big Bang in style. In a heavy piano key frenzy stuck inbetween string chords which one would expect arranged from a producer like The RZA, not Dr. Dre (the songs actual producer). Busta comes through with an energtic flow and rhymes appointed to much braggacio of his new coming. Met by Tip on the chorus, the song plays well for just under 4 minutes of banging instrumental and flow.

'Touch It', the bass drenched first single follow's up and it's what we have come to expect from a Busta Rhyme's 1st single. The unexpected. The Swizz Beatz clap-o-bass-o-mania serves just right for the dance floor. Switching inbetween a monotone and energized delivery, Busta flows with no sweat. Missy Elliott features on the next track titled 'How We Do It Over Here', an infectious Dr. Dre produced party starter. Though generic lyrically and under developed flow-wise, the beat alone carries this song. However even the beat can get repeatitive after a few spins.

Extinct Level Elevation.
"New York Shit", back-to-the-gutter-style-grit-&-grime-1993-type-of-song. New York's almighty hip-hop scene is in a slumber but by no means is it extinct. And that message alone is what Busta uses to carry this DJ Scratch produced gem. A stand-out song which isn't fully handed over to fans as the 3 minute shout-out list at the end has been cut for the album. "Been Through The Storm", a beautifully crafted legendary Stevie Wonder (R.I.P.) featured, Dr. Dre produced pearl continues us in the journey of The Big Bang. Busta speaks on his up bringings and comes with a more personal side which many might never heard/seen from him. A standout song. Stevie Wonder's melodies sound both soothing and alive through the hook.

"In The Ghetto" which sees Busta Rhymes unite with another lost legend in Rick James (R.I.P.). A more uplifting song then the previous, Green Lantern composes one of his best beats to date as Busta trades ghetto tales to everyday questions which we all can relate to over a quickened flow and sharp delivery. "Cocaina", leads us next with Busta coming through with perhaps his more lyrical track on the record.

Anarchy.
"You Can't Hold The Torch" featuring Q-Tip and Chauncey Black is simply beautiful. Tip and Bussa-a-Buss trade verses remincent of early in their career's. Touching on the topic that new rappers don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as legends, not deserving to be classified as hot. Claiming most rappers these days sound both dates and generic, repeative and stale and pretty much lack any creativity or sense of music direction. Busta and Tip hit us with the realest truth of the state of the industry, J-Dilla's (R.I.P.) magnificant and lush instrumental only livens up the already classic song. All rappers should take this song to heart and have a good look at themselves.

"Goldmine" see's Busta gel perfectly with Raekown. The chemistry they share is only enhanced by Erick Sermon's beat. "I Love My Bitch" is a more ackward song which perhaps belongs on a Black Eyed Pea's album then a Busta Rhymes album. The instrumentals is hyped, featuring Kelis and Will.I.Am (from Black Eyed Peas) Busta trades verses of sexcapades over this ready to be on the radio track.

Genesis.
"Don't Get Carried Away" is a hip-hop remedy, Busta Rhymes uniting with Nas only makes this already dope song better. Dre's menacing beat complimented by Busta's strong delivery and Nas' lyrical witness makes this song another standout on the album. We proceed onto the dark themed pimped out Kon Artis produced "They're Out To Get Me". Busta rhymes with paranoia about how money can make friends become enemies, sheep becomes wolves and truth become lies.

"Get Down" see's Busta partner Timbaland's african jungle drums and he continues his strong presence with his delivery and flow. A club banger ready packed to make everyone hit the dance floow as soon as the needle hits.

It Ain't Safe No More.
"I'll Do It All" continues Busta Rhyme's unifaction of the Jackon family. In this case Latoya, the spaced out Pac-Man escé beat sets the backtone for Busta's heart on the special lady in his life.

"Legend Of The Fall Offs", add 1 part Busta Rhymes on vocals, 1 part Dr. Dre on the beats, 1 part Rakim sample and a shovel. The end result in a haunting finalé, the bass dipped dark theme banger, in where Busta touches on how he got to this place of his career. Reminicing about the past, pondering about the future and focusing on the now. Peep the subliminals.

The Big Bang.
Overall a strong album commercially that lives up to the hype which started 2 or so years ago. Busta Rhymes comes correct with perhaps a mistep or 2 along the way. Sonically very strong courtesy of the all star production line up headed by Dr. Dre. Final words? Go out and cop it when it drops

peace.

linx

Staff member
The album sounds good to me so far. I didn't finish listening yet though. The beats sound good as well. I would of liked to see Luda on a song, lol. I enjoy his energy on tracks and we all know Busta can match that energy easily. A track with them 2 over a dope beat would be, well dope. I'd say my favorite song so far is "Goldmine" with Raekwon.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
busta is just poo these days. i'll never play another busta album as long as i'm breathing. whoo ha, got you all played out.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
ARTIST: Busta Rhymes
TITLE: The Big Bang
LABEL: Aftermath/Interscope
GENRE: Rap
BITRATE: 198kbps avg
PLAYTIME: 0h 58min total
RELEASE DATE: 2006-06-13
RIP DATE: 2006-05-29

Track List
----------
01. Get You Some (Feat. Q-Tip & 3:45
Marsha Of Floetry)
02. Touch It (Feat. Swizz Beatz) 3:35
03. How We Do It Over Here (Feat. 3:36
Missy Elliott)
04. New York Shit (Feat. Swizz 3:01
Beatz)
05. Been Through The Storm (Feat. 4:06
Stevie Wonder)
06. In The Ghetto (Feat. Rick 3:53
James)
07. Cocaina (Feat. Marsha Of 3:32
Floetry)
08. You Can't Hold A Torch (Feat. 3:39
Q-Tip & Chauncey Black)
09. Goldmine (Feat. Raekwon) 3:45
10. I Love My Bitch (Feat. Kelis & 3:47
Will.I.Am)
11. Don't Get Carried Away (Feat. 3:30
Nas)
12. They're Out To Get Me (Feat. 5:02
Mr. Porter)
13. Get Down 3:40
14. I'll Do It All (Feat. Latoya 5:02
Jackson)
15. Legend Of The Fall Offs 4:40

Release Notes:

Flipmode Squad leader Busta Rhymes is set to release his long-awaited
Aftermath/Interscope debut The Big Bang, the rapper's first release in three
years.

The album, Rhymes' seventh solo offering, features collaborations with Raekwon,
Marsha Ambrosius of Floetry, Q-Tip and Missy Elliott, who is featured on the Dr.
Dre-produced "How We Do It Over Here."

Music icon Stevie Wonder guests on "Been Through the Storm," while the late Rick
James cameos on "In The Ghetto," a track completed before the singer's death.

In addition to Dr. Dre, The Big Bang also features production by Timbaland,
G-Unit's Sha Money XL, Green Lantern, Jay Dilla, Swizz Beatz, who produced the
album's first single "Touch It," and Will.I.Am, the beatmaker behind Rhymes'
second single "I Love My Bitch" featuring Kelis.

Dr. Dre says having Rhymes on board at Aftermath was a no-brainer.

"All of a sudden I'm hearing people in the streets talking about how Busta's
back," said Dre, who first collaborated with Rhymes on "Break Ya Neck." "In my
mind, he never left, and that's why I wanted to fuck with him in the first
place. He's got that drive, and he never stops trying to top himself. Anybody
who knows Busta knows that he's always gonna come with heat."

The Big Bang is scheduled to hit stores on June 13.

Busta_Rhymes-The_Big_Bang-2006-RNS
Busta_Rhymes-The_Big_Bang-(Clean_Retail)-2006-iND

Did the track "Imagine feat. Dr Dre" leak and any stage?
I know they couldnt clear the sample for the retail but was wondering if it leaked before hand?

I dl'd it last night.. and.. its ok. I was expectin it a little somethin-somethin more considering he's been working on it for like 3-4 years so he claims.. Some of the beats are good though... I wouldnt say its bad, but i wouldnt say its great..

Dante said:
busta is just poo these days. i'll never play another busta album as long as i'm breathing. whoo ha, got you all played out.
His 1st 2 albums were the shit(I still bump When Disaster Strikes once in awhile) but after/during the 3rd lp he started to lose my interest..

With all the big names this album features I'd have to say it's sub-par. Not bad but not great. That Goldmine track is fuckin hot though. Can't stop listenin to that one.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.