Biggie

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
Frank Grimes said:
hey jasewads, shut up.

whatthe fuck, wats your problem u nerd. i have not said anything in a negative way, but i know for shore my point was valid, so er bow down . little man. :mad:

Zero Cool said:
The thing about Tupac was he seemed to be getting better with age, something very few rappers can claim (someone such as Nas being an obvious example). Biggie on the other hand seemed to decline (strictly in my opinion of course) between Ready To Die and Life After Death and I doubt if he would have continued at such heights as he achieved with his first two albums, with Pac however I have no doubts. That said, both losses were huge to Hip-Hop and music in general.
You are joking right?
All Eyez on Me and MK7DT both pale in comparison to say S4MN and MATW; coheasively, flow wise, subject matter, lyrically, introspectively and even emotively. Call me controversial but the only reason the last two albums 2Pac recorded whilst he was alive are held in high regard is because they have benefited enormously from misguided revisionalism and it's sad to say that the majority of current 2Pac fans didn't actually start listening to his work until after his death.

It's the 50 Cent syndrome. Ask your average 50 fan what he / she thinks is his best album and I'll bet you 90% of them won't give you anything before the Aftermath deal.

This a shame because S4MN is a very nearly classic album and is overlooked because the sound and feel of the piece isn't what your current 2Pac fan associates with modern gangsta rap or indeed with the persona Deathrow in the aftermath of his demise have so carefully crafted. If your happy you make good music; that's why AEOM and MK7DT probably falter. Pac was just rushing to fullfill his contractual obligations.

cm_millionaire said:
You are joking right?
All Eyez on Me and MK7DT both pale in comparison to say S4MN and MATW; coheasively, flow wise, subject matter, lyrically, introspectively and even emotively. Call me controversial but the only reason the last two albums 2Pac recorded whilst he was alive are held in high regard is because they have benefited enormously from misguided revisionalism and it's sad to say that the majority of current 2Pac fans didn't actually start listening to his work until after his death.

It's the 50 Cent syndrome. Ask your average 50 fan what he / she thinks is his best album and I'll bet you 90% of them won't give you anything before the Aftermath deal.

This a shame because S4MN is a very nearly classic album and is overlooked because the sound and feel of the piece isn't what your current 2Pac fan associates with modern gangsta rap or indeed with the persona Deathrow in the aftermath of his demise have so carefully crafted. If your happy you make good music; that's why AEOM and MK7DT probably falter. Pac was just rushing to fullfill his contractual obligations.
I agree that S4MN was a classic album, as good in quality as AEOM and MK7. However AEOM was ground breaking in it's time, an album which is still in heavy rotation today, almost ten years later. That qualifies as a "great" album in my view. For most Hip-Hop heads The 7 Day Theory is argubly Pac's deepest album, both on a lyrical and personal level. To say it isn't in classic territory is assinine.

The principal crux of my point however was Pac's star was on the up and up, as for Biggie's I'm not so sure.

Zero Cool said:
I agree that S4MN was a classic album, as good in quality as AEOM and MK7. AEOM was ground breaking in it's time, an album which is still in heavy rotation today, almost ten years later. That qualifies as a good album in my view. For most Hip-Hop heads The 7 Day Theory is argubly Pac's deepest album, both on a lyrical and personal level. To say it isn't in classic territory is assinine.

The principal crux of my point however was Pac's star was on the up and up, as for Biggie's I'm not so sure.
AEOM wasn't ground breaking in the slightest. The double album concept had been done. The album is not coheasive in the slightest, it suffers from lack of subject matter and rehashed rhymes. In My opinion for an album to be considered a classic is should be flawless -Illmatic, Ready To Die etc...one of the primary reasons the two aforementioned discs are classics is because the guest appearances don't disgrace the solid body of work. On AEOM and MK7DT the Outlawz were terrible; basic wordplay, off tempo, weak flow. The beats on AEOM were tedious...Even if you still disagree with me, I don't know how any self respecting hip hop fan can you consider it a classic disc with tracks like 'What's Ya Phone #?'

The 7 Day Theory isn't deep because for the most part it centres around one trait of Pac's widespread character - Beef. You would think that would offer some coheasiveness but the results are still futile; Against All Odds isn't a good diss song and Bomb First is just embarrassing.

No-for me, Pac was much better off speaking about real social issues than trying to emulate mob bosses from gangster movies. Once Pac went to Death Row his optimal output increased but his talent was castigated.

Mc Hammer's 'You Can't Touch This' and Vanilla Ice's 'Ice Ice Baby' are still both in heavy rotation on radio and dj booths; that doesn't qualify them as 'classic' pieces of work. If S4MN was the last album Pac released before his death I'd be willing to bet I wouldn't be having this debate with you now for the simple reason it would be held in much higher regard than all his previous albums.

And I know I'm commiting suicide saying this on 2PacBoard.com but any real self respecting hip hop head will tell you that lyrically and creatively Life After Death blows AEOM out of the water. The only thing Pac edges Biggie on with regard to the two albums is his relentless passion of which Biggie could never emulate.

roaches

About a third of the album is him dissing people, including the intro/first song and the last song (positions on an album that leave strong impressions).

Nick

EDouble said:
how the hell did 7 day theory center around beef?
That what I thought, only the first and last tracks are based on beef, and there were a couple of shots at Dre on 2 other tracks.

But back to the real topic here, I agree that if Biggie was still alive people would be pissed cos Pac was dead, and imo there was no way that Biggie was gonna avoid feeling some kind of retaliation for Pac's death. Thier beef was put out there so much that at some point or another some Pac fan would have run up on Biggie and let him have it.

But Biggie is dead, and his death was in no way less important than Tupc's death, so why shouldn't people pay their respects.

jasedwads said:
maybe i am being a bit heartless but so wut, i gotto bring controversy to the board.
ok, eminem, or, jason
jasedwads said:
yeah fair play for making a thread for biggie, r.i.p
i agree

jasedwads said:
but its funny how everybody is saying this and that, biggie this watever, but if he lived most of ya would be pissed of that pac died and biggie did not. Well thats hypertheticle, and this is a message board , so what u all think of that. :eek:
damn, i was goin to reply to this in a sensible fashion seeing you knocked me for my short reply, but i guess this post speaks for itself

jasedwads

Frank Grimes said:
ok, eminem, or, jason

i agree

damn, i was goin to reply to this in a sensible fashion seeing you knocked me for my short reply, but i guess this post speaks for itself

No, please reply, i am interested to find out what you think on this particular thread i made. ;)

Cm has schoold everyone that tried to prove him wrong,i agree with everything he said except i think Me Against The World was pacs best work, end of, pac is dead, big is dead, rip to both of these great talents.

well to be fair this happened for a reason so i guess it was kinda meant to be 9although im not a firm believer in fate) but it seems like a i take from you, you take from me thing.

know it sounds wrong but it kinda evens the balance i could say though i think the wrong man died...

jasedwads

Pacaveli-T said:
well to be fair this happened for a reason so i guess it was kinda meant to be 9although im not a firm believer in fate) but it seems like a i take from you, you take from me thing.

know it sounds wrong but it kinda evens the balance i could say though i think the wrong man died...
I think thats what got me starting this thread and that word 'Balance' sums it up.

If pac dies then to some people that was his fate. But i feel that if biggie did not die that would not have been fair. I know its a bad thing tosay but its true, and i am glad Pacaveli-T feels what i am saying. well its a sad sad thing that happened. And unfortunatly a lot more will follow.

jasedwads said:
I think thats what got me starting this thread and that word 'Balance' sums it up.

If pac dies then to some people that was his fate. But i feel that if biggie did not die that would not have been fair. I know its a bad thing tosay but its true, and i am glad Pacaveli-T feels what i am saying. well its a sad sad thing that happened. And unfortunatly a lot more will follow.
dont worry about it i nkow it sounds bad and shit but i totally get it... :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online