better Nas album?

^ thats what i was waiting for.

illmatic is very very good and im not the biggest Nas fan out there. I bump that shit a lot. So stillmatic comes closest to illmatic out of all his albums

Actually to be honest... I enjoy Stillmatic more then Illmatic, not saying Illmatic isnt great, It's a classic! I just happen to enjoy the tracks and what each of them represent more so then Illmatic.

I guess because I didnt grow up listening to early 90s rap it's more difficult to listen to his first cd compared to Stillmatic.

So I would have to go with Stillmatic

Kal-EL said:
Actually to be honest... I enjoy Stillmatic more then Illmatic, not saying Illmatic isnt great, It's a classic! I just happen to enjoy the tracks and what each of them represent more so then Illmatic.

I guess because I didnt grow up listening to early 90s rap it's more difficult to listen to his first cd compared to Stillmatic.

So I would have to go with Stillmatic

your hip-hop evolution was cheated then', but I'm the same way with a good portion of 80's rap except KRS-One, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and some Gang Star/EpMD...only ones I enjoy the good portion of their tracks

Maybe the question should be.. Whats your fav Nas album, excluding Illmatic?

If that's the case, I Am, Lost Tapes, Gods Son, in that order.

Stillmatic is top class, but I feel too many people take Illmatic into account when judging it..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.