Best West Coast Combo

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Criminem said:
What is the definition of a westcoast rapper?

It's very easy. I think.

2pac was westcoast even though he was NY born. Because he repped the West, he worked with WestCoast produers and his music was the same in sound as other west coast artists at the time. He also worked with West Coast artists frequently.

Most WestCoast artists are from the Cali area though. There's very few who have become "WestCoast" artists who weren't born there. Even 2pac lived there from his teens.

Eminem is not a WestCoast artist. Nor does he rap on WestCoast beats. His beats used to be very underground NY sounding, but now are very zany and "Eminem style" beats, as he creates them moslty himself.

xzibit and snoop ie drugs and alkahol ........ b please. losin your mind. x. u cantfuck with me (ll coolj) game dont wait remix.

Daz & Kurupt 4 sure. I would have said 2Pac & Snoop for the song "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted" if you had restrained the subject to a one song combo poll. Their complementarity on this track is incredible. One of the best rap duets I've ever heard.

ill-matic

Eminem a west coast artist? What are you crazy man?

Eminem's style is not west coast
Eminem's flow is not west coast
Eminem's beats are not west coast sounding
Shady/Aftermath is not a west coast label. In fact, only 2 artists are from the West to my knowledge.
Eminem is from Detroit, and reps Detroit.
Eminem has never claimed to rep the west
Eminem's lyricism is not west coast
If Eminem was a west coast artist, wouldn't you think that they'd market him as "bringing the west back"?
Has Eminem ever been to the fucking west coast?
Has he ever lived in the west coast?

How on earth did you come to such a crazy conclusion?

No matter what you say, or how much you defend it, you are WRONG. Eminem is not, will never, and has never been a west coast artist.

ill-matic said:
Eminem a west coast artist? What are you crazy man?

Eminem's style is not west coast
Eminem's flow is not west coast
Eminem's beats are not west coast sounding
Shady/Aftermath is not a west coast label. In fact, only 2 artists are from the West to my knowledge.
Eminem is from Detroit, and reps Detroit.
Eminem has never claimed to rep the west
Eminem's lyricism is not west coast
If Eminem was a west coast artist, wouldn't you think that they'd market him as "bringing the west back"?
Has Eminem ever been to the fucking west coast?
Has he ever lived in the west coast?

How on earth did you come to such a crazy conclusion?

No matter what you say, or how much you defend it, you are WRONG. Eminem is not, will never, and has never been a west coast artist.
realest shit you ever wrote :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.