Best West Coast Combo

I was just sittin' here, bored off my ass and was thinking about how the West Coast has brought some of the most legendary tag team rapping that the industry has ever seen. I would go as far as to say that the average West Coast Combo is better than your average East Coast pairing. Of these legendary combos, which do you all think was the best pairing? (

-Dr. Dre/Snoop Doggy Dogg
-Dr. Dre/Ice Cube
-Dr. Dre/DOC
-Dr. Dre/Eazy E
-2pac/Snoop Doggy Dogg
-2pac/Dr. Dre
-Warren G./Nate Dogg
-Daz/Kurupt
-Warren G./Dr. Dre (they teamed up for "Do You See")
-Warren G./Snoop Doggy Dogg
-Ice Cube/Mack 10
-Eminem/Dr. Dre
-Daz/Snoop
-2pac/Daz

I'm sure there are probably some more that are slipping my mind, but this was what I could remember off the top of my head.

Personally for me, all of those combos are so legendary that I don't think I can pick just one. But I'll say that my Top 3 would be Dre/Snoop, Snoop/Pac, Warren G./Nate

Eminem and Dre ? :confused:
Yeah? What's the problem?

anyway its gotta be Daz and Kurupt
Really? You think Tha Dogg Pound is a more legendary pairing than Dre/Snoop? I mean, don't forget, Dre and Snoop together picked up where NWA left off and not only locked the West Coast as the more popular coast at the time, but the pairing also marked the debut of about 8 new faces for the industry from the West Coast.

As a matter of fact, don't forget, if it weren't for Dre/Snoop pairing up, Kurupt and Daz would have never hooked up.

DPG iz all I C

You said best pairing, not most legendery, who done the most etc.

so yes i feel that Daz and Kurupt were the best duet.

P.S Eminem is from detriot.

S. Fourteen

Eminem is not a west coast artist.

I pick Daz and Kurupt and don't try to arugue with me because i base that on skills and songs, not on 'they woudn't have hooked up if it wasn't for blah blah blah'.

Daz and Kurupt were perfect for each other like peanut butter and jelly. But I also like Tupac and Snoop Dogg together and 2pac and Dre together. Anybody with 2pac was pretty good. I also like any westcoast artist with Nate Dogg because he always makes the perfect hooks.

Eminem is not a west coast artist.
Yes he is. Being from Detroit doesn't necessarily mean anything. I don't think where you're from necessarily sets your "side" anymore. Eminem has a WC sound, he's on a WC label. He's WC.

Pac was initially from the East coast, for the first 17 years of his life. Yet he's WC. I've seen magazine articles in rap magazines call 50 Cent a WC artist because as one reporter phrased it, "He's (50) an East Coast artist on a West Coast team. If you ask me, that makes him a West Coast artist".

I pick Daz and Kurupt and don't try to arugue with me because i base that on skills and songs, not on 'they woudn't have hooked up if it wasn't for blah blah blah'.
Dude, I base my opinions off several things. I'd still like to know why you all of the sudden are such a dick to me.

And Daz/Kurupt are fuckin' awesome. You made a fine choice, one of the best rap groups in history. I respect your opinion greatly.

You said best pairing, not most legendery, who done the most etc.
Well, you're half right. You are correct, I didn't ask what pair did the most. I DID ask what pair was most legendary, because I think saying "who's the best pairing" and "who's the most legendary pairing" are relatively the same thing.

So, to make sure my request is 100% clear, I was looking for who you each thought was the best pairing in terms of which group had the best rhymes, best collabos, most chemistry together, etc...

And as I told Salty, the DP is a good choice I just disagree. While I think Daz/Kurupt was one of the best OFFICIAL rap duos/groups, I just don't think they're better than Pac/Snoop or Dre/Snoop. But, I respect your opinion.

P.S Eminem is from detriot.
Pac was from NY/Baltimore, but still a WC artist.

Eminem has a west coast boss, west coast beats, west coast sound overall, he's on the top label of the West coast, he's a WC artist.

again this guy is fucking hilarious!!

Eminem has a west coast boss, west coast beats, west coast sound overall, he's on the top label of the West coast, he's a WC artist.
He doesn't rep the west coast so he is not a WC artist...He reps Detroit...He is a Detroit artist..

Pac repped the westcoast...

one mc on dj said:
again this guy is fucking hilarious!!

He doesn't rep the west coast so he is not a WC artist...He reps Detroit...He is a Detroit artist..

Pac repped the westcoast...
Yea he aint westcoast. He reps Detroit. And the only person that is westcoast at his label is Dr. Dre. And he doesn't have a westcoast sound.

MAKaveli_10 said:
Yea he aint westcoast. He reps Detroit. And the only person that is westcoast at his label is Dr. Dre. And he doesn't have a westcoast sound.
Well, I see it differently. To me, it's not about "where you rep", it's about what label you're on.

Think of rap music like the NBA. Each label is a team, whatever lable you're with, you're with that team.

Michael Jordan was born and raised in North Carolina and went to the college there. Yet, when he moved to the pros, he played for the Chicago Bulls. Therefore, he was an East Coast basketball player for an East Coast team. And for anyone who says the comparison is "ridiculous" not at all, there is the Eastern Conference nd the Western Conference in the NBA, correct?

Eminem may be from Detroit, but he is on a West Coast label, he is a West Coast artist.

Let me ask this. Kurupt is not from California. He moved from Philly (an east coast city) to California. He was on Death Row for years, which made him a West Coast rapper. So..when he created his own record label and it was based out of Philadelphia, was he a West Coast artist running an East Coast label or an East Coast artist running an East Coast label?

Furthermore, now that his East Coast label is gone and he's back with the Row, what is he now?

jason_g_718 said:
Well, I see it differently. To me, it's not about "where you rep", it's about what label you're on.

Think of rap music like the NBA. Each label is a team, whatever lable you're with, you're with that team.

Michael Jordan was born and raised in North Carolina and went to the college there. Yet, when he moved to the pros, he played for the Chicago Bulls. Therefore, he was an East Coast basketball player for an East Coast team. And for anyone who says the comparison is "ridiculous" not at all, there is the Eastern Conference nd the Western Conference in the NBA, correct?

Eminem may be from Detroit, but he is on a West Coast label, he is a West Coast artist.

Let me ask this. Kurupt is not from California. He moved from Philly (an east coast city) to California. He was on Death Row for years, which made him a West Coast rapper. So..when he created his own record label and it was based out of Philadelphia, was he a West Coast artist running an East Coast label or an East Coast artist running an East Coast label?

Furthermore, now that his East Coast label is gone and he's back with the Row, what is he now?
Jason you make no sense man...Actually you do but you're talking shit again.

Why do you wanna change the facts? He is not a westcoast artist and he will never be.

He reps Detroit lives in Detroit or near Detroit you prolly know that better than I do...and records in Detroit!! What exactly makes him westcoast besides the fact that he is on Aftermath that is run by a westcoast artist?

If he is a westcoast as you say don't u find it a lil odd they didn't make him bring the west back?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.