Best South album of all time??? -> T.I. Urban Legend!

Confucius87 said:
T.I.'s Urban Legend was/is a great album, but a 5 mic album? I seriously doubt it. I'd give it between a 3 1/2 and a solid 4. And the best down south album IMO is Master P - Ghetto Dope:thumb:
yep, its a pity tho that he had to follow it up with wack ass psc album :(

im a king is the best song on there :thumb:

not even close to greatest southern album ever, but its a decent album. i thought trap muzik was MUCH better. in fact, i thnk trap muzik is awfully close to classic status in my eyes

OutKast owns the south with UGK as their backup men. T.I. is nowhere near these guys, but I will admit that out of modern mainstream Southern rappers, he is one of the better ones.

UnCommon said:
i'd have to agree that TI's urban legend is one of the best albums of the south if not the best. I'm going to look into this UGK cd that these cats are talkin bout 'n see what's really good, cuz obviously i'm missin something. homie up there said it was his heartbeat?
yeah it is my heartbeat and thats not overexagerating either. that album is perfectly my style i fucking love it... u got a lil of everything on the cd ill breakem down by track

1. Intro- Bun b talking just getting u ready to hear this shit.

2. One Day Ft. Ron Isley-WOW, what a song. This song right here gives me fucking goosebumps i tell u goosebumbs!!!! bun b has a great verse while pimp c has an OK verse. the reason for me saying pimp c's verse is just ok is because u can already predict what he is going to say before he says it, and that is annoying to me. But im not knocking his verse, its realistic and i can relate to it very well..... the song makes u really realize one day ur here baby, the next day ur gone. CLASSIC MATERIAL

3.Murder- Track name speaks for itself. Pimp c starts it off with a "I'm still pimp c bitch, so what the fuck is up, putting powder on these streets cause i got big fucking nuts" which i always get a kick out of, and it sticks to the brain like glue. But bun b def overshadows pimps verse. bun b just flows fast, tight and exact, straight tearing in the fuck up, a real good hype song, say if ur getting amp up to go get in a little tussle with a rival of urs.

4.Pinky Ring- This is some laid back chillin shit with very little deep bass. (i guess it makes up for the constant pounding of murder) Now when u think of pinky right what do u think? player or something along those lines hopefully... and that is exactly what this song is, nice and bouncy beat with some funky ass guitars. for all of u out there that have worn a ring in ur life u will unstand that after u wear that ring all day ur finger gets sweaty and starts to stank a little bit.... bun highlights this in this very song by saying " gone have to feel the stank from the rang on my pinky"

5. Diamonds and wood- Damn this song is something special. The beat is real laid back and this is what u want to spark up ur blunts to and bake out ur car, or shit, just bake out something. Guitars in this song make u fucking hypnotized. Pimp has 2 verses and bun b has 1. ever verse on this song is extremly strong. "niggas talk a lot of shit in a safe place, i know cause he cant look me eye to eye wehn he be in my face" nice quotable from that song. oh shit and bun b has a nice quotable in this to "some of my sweets be tight, now some of my sweets FUCKED UP, but all of my sweets gone blow so killas smoke smoke ya sucks up " i love that one right there. Pimps whole last verse is just plain unbeievable but my fav part is "Some get a waste and misplace tryin' to win the race
Some try to hold on to there place by smokin' with lace
But see drugs and plastic thugs ain't gonna change the hood
I'm smokin' skunk and poppin' the truck to make me feel good."
FUCKING CLASSIC.

well im tired and ive reached the end of my explaining UGK riding dirty. ive only touched on the first 5 songs but if anyone wishes for me to continue or want me to try and explain things more clear. ummmmm. YOU WILL DEFINATLY NOT E DISSAPOINTED IF U PURCHASE THIS CD.

This cd is a classic and yes its better than goodie mob's soulfood, sorry i had to break that one to ya roaches

i'm really blunted right now it's 3:00 and i can't sleep.....but right now i find it really funny that we all post our opinions thinking somebody really gives a shit and makes any difference

bigCASH said:
i'm really blunted right now it's 3:00 and i can't sleep.....but right now i find it really funny that we all post our opinions thinking somebody really gives a shit and makes any difference

wow nice attitude on life... maybe some of us do it for a different reason maybe soe of us want to have a voice and if only one person benefits then thats enough for that one person... i thinks its about letting ur emotions out, who gives a fuck who reads it, just as long as u say it

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
wow nice attitude on life... maybe some of us do it for a different reason maybe soe of us want to have a voice and if only one person benefits then thats enough for that one person... i thinks its about letting ur emotions out, who gives a fuck who reads it, just as long as u say it
man, cool out....i was high

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Not goin thru all this shit, prolly been said but Im sayin it anyways...Urban Legend sucked, only a few good tracks - Trap Musik was WAY better. I aint in2 the south 2 much, but I know neither of these R the best the South has 2 offer...like some1 else said shit like Southerplayalistic blows that shit out the water.

pz

Young Buck's Straight Outta Ca$hville and Born 2 Thug r pretty sick also Pastor Troys Universal Soldier :D but im not from the souf so i can't say which album is the best 2 come outta the souff

Tonio1986 said:
After I labeled it as average, I gave it a second listen and now I think it is great! Wow this album has everthing what an album needs. The best songs are Praying for help, you dont know me, motivation, freak though, and my life. I give it five mics, so everybody who aint got it, go and support T.I. You wont be sad!

Anyone agrees? Other best South albums?
Yes I agree wit ya! Urban Legend is one of the best albums since 2003.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.