Best MC's from New York (By Borough/County)

I'm from LA, never been to newyork, so I don't know much about new York, but if long island and yonkers is not part of NYC then what are those cities part of? how many boroughs are in NYC, I know new york is a city and a state right? is it also a county? in LA eventho we have LAPD, we also have inglewood PD, Compton PD, Hawthorne PD, Culver city PD, Manhanttan beach PD, Long beach PD but all of them are under LAPD, is it the samething in New York too, do they have Brooklyn PD and bronx PD over there too? holla back if u from New York.

roaches

New York City is made up of five boroughs: Manhattan (New York County), the Bronx (Bronx County), Brooklyn (Kings County), Queens (Queens County), and Staten Island (Richmond County).

Yonkers is a separate city that sits on the border of the Bronx. Long Island is an island that is part of the state of New York. It's part of Westchester County.

Long Island is an island off the coast of New York state. Queens and Brooklyn are on the western part of the island. Nassau County and Suffolk County (suburbs of New York city, NOT technically part of the city) are on the eastern part of the island.

There is one police department for all of the boroughs of the City of New York.

roaches said:
Lmao. Yeah he does. The only reason Fat Joe gets respect in hip-hop is because of DITC and his impeccable street cred.
fat joe apparently only has a ghostwriter for his 'pop' songs, actually never mind thats all hes been putting out lately :p

CoolWaterz said:
Juelz Sanatana over Big L(Harlem) or even Mase (back in his Murda days Harlem World) not a chance

and for Fat Joe, youd probably have to give the props to his ghostwriter. its been long rumored Jay Z(I think???) and BIg Pun wrote for him
cam >> mase full stop. mase had one good cd.
big l had no range.

roaches

But Long Island isn't part of Westchester County.
My bad. I was cutting and pasting, that sentence was supposed to be associated with Yonkers. In the rest of the post, I did mention the correct counties. Good looks on catching that, though.

jbrolax

HellRazor05 said:
Got it right for the most part. But Long Island isn't part of Westchester County. Long Island borders Queens, Westchester borders the Bronx. Nassau and Suffolk are L.I., Westchester is Yonkers, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, White Plains, Tarrytown and all that shit. Long Isl and Westchester are "the suburbs of NYC" but their not considered part of the inner city. Also the only two places besides NYC that aren't considered "upstate."
Sadly enough, Long Isanders consider Westchester upstate...for some reason if a long islander crosses a bridge and isnt in the city its upstate....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.