Best Album Catalog

AmerikazMost

Not only is it hard to make one great album, but to string together a series of them is especially difficult. So I ask you - who has put together the best collection of albums? (Please don't include any posthumous works that the artist didn't have much say in the final product.. i.e. RUSD and on for Pac, and Born Again and on for Biggie)

For me, it's Rakim.

Paid in Full
Follow the Leader
Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em
Don't Sweat the Technique
The 18th Letter
The Master

Five of those six albums are at least 4.5 out 5 IMO.

during his life Pac(and thats on the real had a string of 3 in a row not counting after death CD"S), Nas (only one really shit solo LP,Rakim and Public Enemy. Outkast as well as Ghostface

depending what's the limits (atr least 3?) Biggie as well as Big L

FroDawgg

jay-z: only one sub-par album (vol 3)
nas: only 2 sub-par albums (it was written, and nastradamus, which is still underrated IMO)

Nas - all classics expect, nastradamuas - still good, gods son - very good but still below his normal efforts, streetsa disciple - shoulda been a single CD dissapointing for me

Tupac - all great Cds before his death and makevili, r u still down, still i rise and even better dayz real all great albums spoilt abit latley though by people messing with his work

Biggie - i know he only made three albums (maybe even only two) buyt all were classics even born again which i like whilst others hate on.

jbrolax

FroDawgg said:
jay-z: only one sub-par album (vol 3)
nas: only 2 sub-par albums (it was written, and nastradamus, which is still underrated IMO)

IT WAS WRITTIN IS NOT SUB PAR

some consider it his best

roaches

IT WAS WRITTIN IS NOT SUB PAR

some consider it his best
I'd also like to add on that if you think IWW was subpar but don't think I Am is (I don't feel like dealing with people who believe the word "Still"), you have access to the finest pharmaceuticals in the world and I would like to be your friend.

Outkast

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Atliens
Aquemini
Stankonia
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

A Tribe Called Quest

People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm
The Low End Theory
Midnight Marauders
Beats, Rhymes & Life
The Love Movement

ill-matic

roaches said:
I'd also like to add on that if you think IWW was subpar but don't think I Am is (I don't feel like dealing with people who believe the word "Still"), you have access to the finest pharmaceuticals in the world and I would like to be your friend.

Didn't like It Was Written or I Am. Couple of good songs only.

Stillmatic is a great album i don't care what you say :angry:

FroDawgg

i just don't feel IWW, it had some great songs, but i thought the rest of the album dragged those down. i actually like I Am better. just my opinion guys.

IWW and I Am are both good, if they had came out b4 Illmatic wouldn't be having this type of talk, then again you could also say that Nas wouldn't have been round to make em if he hadn't released Illmatic.

Bobby Sands

2Pac for me.He recorded 6 albums during his life and all of them are excellent.

Jay-z?How can you say him?He released two good albums and a slew of rubbish.

The Wu-Tang catalogue including solo albums up until 97 is also great.

I think all Nas's albums are good with the exception of Nastradamus.

A Tribe Called Quest have great albums as well.

xxx

tupac
nas (many close-to classics)
ice cube
too short (slept-on)
bone thugs have a nice catalog
wu -tang (2 classics and 2 garbage, so you make the call)
jay-z (close to nas id say, blueprint, reas.doubt, and black album are my favs)
snoop (shitload of stuff, but only 1-3 good cds)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.