Best 2004 Snoop Dogg Rythm & Gangsta

Chronic

Honestly, if you think that album was the best you either don't really know much about rap or you haven't heard the better albums that came out in 2004.
Have you heard:

Jean Grae - This Week
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
Leak Bros - Waterworld
The Foreign Exchange - Connected
Royce Da 5'9" - Death is Certain
Rodan - Theophany: The Book of Elevations
The Roots - The Tipping Point
Megalon - A Penny For Your Thoughts
Ghostface - The Pretty Toney Album
ILL BiLL - What's Wrong With BiLL
Vordul Mega - The Revolution of Yung Havoks
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter

The title of this thread is exactly why I don't really listen to rap anymore...one the few rapper I still listen to is Pac other than that, *most* is trash...

I have to admit, I love lil' jon's shit :D

Chronic said:
Honestly, if you think that album was the best you either don't really know much about rap or you haven't heard the better albums that came out in 2004.
Have you heard:

Jean Grae - This Week
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
Leak Bros - Waterworld
The Foreign Exchange - Connected
Royce Da 5'9" - Death is Certain
Rodan - Theophany: The Book of Elevations
The Roots - The Tipping Point
Megalon - A Penny For Your Thoughts
Ghostface - The Pretty Toney Album
ILL BiLL - What's Wrong With BiLL
Vordul Mega - The Revolution of Yung Havoks
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter
Not all, but Royce, Ill Bill, The Roots and Master Ace.

Its ridiculous to say i dont know much about rap, cause i like snoops Ryhthm and Gangsta.

I like this album because its cool for chilling, there are some nice party songs (lets get blown), and there is a freaky simple but genius track called Drop it ... I can listen to the whole album with maybe one skip and thats can u control ya hoe(the worst song 2004). The album is fresh and its somethin diff. IMO a rap album hasnt to be always hardcore in every way, so i dont care, if ppl say its super-wrack.

Chronic

"Its ridiculous to say i dont know much about rap, cause i like snoops Ryhthm and Gangsta."

Yea it is. I'm saying it's because you think it's the best album of 2004. I also said it might be because you hadn't heard the better ones.
I guess it can be the latter since you said you only heard 4 of the ones I listed (right? That was kind of unclear) but if you think Snoop rocks the mic better than Royce, ILL BiLL, Black Thought and Masta Ace in 2004? It's prob the former.
Check some of those other albums I mentioned and maybe post in here if you still think Snoop had the best album.

I have to apologize!!, Yesterday i saw at amazon.com the original released version of Snoop Dog Rythm and Gangsta, and THERE ARE 9 out of 20 songs, that are DIFFERENT, than the Album version that I downloaded from Emule. My album version got 18 tracks and its totally diff. There are just 9 or 10 same songs!

After every trackname there is added (pc4urc), what does this mean??

Example: track 18 - girl like you feat. nelly - PC4uRC.mp3

After listening to the released version at amazon.com I have to say sorry, I never knew that. Everybody is right here in this thread, cause almost the half of that album is shit!!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, i dont know why he didnt release the emule version! Fuck off

Shot 21

Tonio1986 said:
Snoop Doggs Rythm & Gangsta is the best release in 2004. With tracks like The Blindness, drop it like its hot, lets get blown, perfect, ups & downs, or signs feat. justin timberlake, the big dog and the neptunes created an incredible album with many characters.

Unfortunately the Hip Hop in these days is shit. But Snoop made a big step into a good modern Hip Hop, with litte traits of old school.

Everybody who says, "Snoop is shit, he never will reach doggstyle status" is right, but who says this album is shit because of that, is an idiot. Dont be blind are you waiting for Doggystyle II ?! We live in 2005 man, 2005.

Dont live in the past
;)

But to be honest, I wish there will be Doggystyle II, Im waitin. :D

One Nation
One Love
You gotta be kidding. R & G is the biggest bag of shit Snoop Dogg ha done. Bang Out, Drop It Like Its Hot and Step Yo Game Up are good tracks but other than that it really is terrible. Full of funky pop beats. Shitty collabos like Bee Gees, Justin Timberlake and Wanksta Snitvh. Snoop Dogg used to be one of my favourite rappers. But ever since this embarassment to hip hop came out, my opinion of him went down. Just like Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg has gone down since leaving Death Row. But if you wanna talk about Snoop, and you wanna talk about good albums, then lets talk about The Hardway. Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg and Warren G are back as 213 and this album has the potential to be a classic. Westcoast through and through. And it keeps the G Funk classic beats. Not the shitty hip pop of R & G.

Sorry but thats my opinion.

How did Snoop go from being hella good to garbage, i mean i cant listen to his shit, some of his verses dont even sound like they even have flow and it sounds like he is straight talkin

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.