Beef over a stolen dance routine; is this rap music?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
It seems like a sad day for hip-hop when a rap group has issues with another rap group for stealing their dance routine, but according to news reports, this is exactly what has happened.

Dem Franchize Boyz has accused fellow Atlanta rap collective D4L, of copying a dance they perform on stage and sabotaging one of their shows. However D4L deny this accusation and believe they're a victim of their success, and jealousy is the key to the problems.

"We have no beef with Dem Franchize Boyz or with any other group," D4L's manager Johnny Cabbell said. "We understand, however, that sometimes when acts have nothing positive to talk about in their careers they resort to criticizing other acts that they feel are more successful. I think that's the case here. It's unfortunate that we have to interrupt such a positive stride to address something so negative."

Both acts are having a successful time at the moment, D4L with "Laffy Taffy" receiving a large amount of radio coverage, and Dem Franchize Boyz with the song "I Think They Like Me".

After months of negative comments from members of Dem Franchize Boys, this is the first time anyone from the D4L camp has spoken on the situation. Dem Franchize Boyz have also been invited to address any issues that they have with the D4L camp in a "professional manner, so that all parties can move forward in a positive direction."

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
both of em suck. they just want the publicity to help em git the lime light..and sell records.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
"Laffy Taffy" and "I think they like me" are dope songs. Stop being wanna-be backpackers and enjoy music. Thank you.

Eric

S O F I S T I K said:
"Laffy Taffy" and "I think they like me" are dope songs. Stop being wanna-be backpackers and enjoy music. Thank you.
Agreed.

Also, on the remix to Laffy Taffy, Busta Rhymes speaks on the beef.

Both songs are fuckin gay, who gives a fuck about a dance routine though, fuck these people.

And hell no this isn't rap music, just a bunch of fags out to get money.

ARon

There is a time and place for all kinds of music, and also all kinds of Hip-Hop. Just cus you might not go to a club don't mean you have to hate on these guys for making people dance and feel good. It's music.

whoever likes "Laffy Taffy" is fucken retarded. That song is the worst song ive ever heard in my life.
I like Laffy Taffy. Its fucking funny, and its just an all around fun song.

That makes me retarded?

I also love Immortal Technique, Dead Prez, Akir, shit like that, so because I can enjoy both types of rap I'm still retarded?

Kareem

an people say rap isnt dead or dying? jump'n jesus! beef over a dance move if thats not gay then richard simmons is a hertosexual pimp! fuck outa here wit that shit, remember when beef was acctually over somthing half way real, like someone stole ya chain or shot you, let these clowns do some damn dance off shit like that one stupid movie wit Omarion cant remember the name right now, an settle it that way, good god shits has just gotten stupider an stupider, rap needs a savior.

ARon

Kareem said:
an people say rap isnt dead or dying? jump'n jesus! beef over a dance move if thats not gay then richard simmons is a hertosexual pimp! fuck outa here wit that shit, remember when beef was acctually over somthing half way real, like someone stole ya chain or shot you, let these clowns do some damn dance off shit like that one stupid movie wit Omarion cant remember the name right now, an settle it that way, good god shits has just gotten stupider an stupider, rap needs a savior.
Yeah man cus its so cool to beef over killing people and stealing peoples property, or better yet its only real if you do it. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Remember when people actaully looked down upon oppressing your own people and didnt glorify this mess. Rap doesnt need a savior, what rap needs is some real fans who dont jump on bandwagons, who stay loyal and are actually fans of the music and not some fad. Rap needs less people like you, who glorify the bad. Acting like dancing is for heterosexual pimps, go say something to big daddy kane.

Diaz

Aristotle said:
Yeah man cus its so cool to beef over killing people and stealing peoples property, or better yet its only real if you do it. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Remember when people actaully looked down upon oppressing your own people and didnt glorify this mess. Rap doesnt need a savior, what rap needs is some real fans who dont jump on bandwagons, who stay loyal and are actually fans of the music and not some fad. Rap needs less people like you, who glorify the bad. Acting like dancing is for heterosexual pimps, go say something to big daddy kane.
pwned.

And even though I think both of these songs are garbage, who gives a shit if they're beefing over a dance routine? I would be pissed if I made something myself and someone tried to take it from me.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.