"Be" comes out Tuesday...........

Duke

Staff member
ive got it, really its not much else or better than the album (live) version.

if you really want it i could throw it up i guess, or hit me on msn for it

Me, personally, I think the changes aren't for the better on the retail. Food Live is aite, but it's nowhere near as clean as the studio track. Anyone who bought the Chapelle season 2 will have the Live version, but nobody who has the retail can listen to the studio version, that's a shame. And Kanye is "They Say" damn near ruins the song, Consequence had an infinitely better flow/verse.

Dogmatic187 said:
Common's "Be" a potenital classic comes out Tuesday, and it's priced for $9.99 at Best Buy. So help support a true MC and buy it, it'll be worth every penny.

For Common fans I know you'll buy it, but for those your DL'd it and heard it and liked it, go buy it man, support a guy who's a lyricist, and doesn't have to make dumbass songs to sell records.
I'm a Common fan but I'll definitely not buy Be. We need a Kanye West/Common detox too.

Common is past his prime and I don't know where Kanye is on this album...

Res, EC, ODIAMS, LWFC > Be.

Bill G said:
Res, EC, ODIWAMS, LWFC > Be.
Bullshit.

Resurrection yes, the rest, hell no. Too many people are just flat out hating on 'Be' because of Kanye's involvement and the 'it's cool to hate anything that's popular' attitude that infests this forum.

Are the beats hot? Yes.
Are the rhymes hot? Yes
Is he flowing like he should? Yes.
Is the subject matter on point? Yes.

It is without doubt the album of the year so far, and I know that isn't saying much, but still, give the man some credit.

Rosco said:
Bullshit.

Resurrection yes, the rest, hell no. Too many people are just flat out hating on 'Be' because of Kanye's involvement and the 'it's cool to hate anything that's popular' attitude that infests this forum.

Are the beats hot? Yes.
Are the rhymes hot? Yes
Is he flowing like he should? Yes.
Is the subject matter on point? Yes.

It is without doubt the album of the year so far, and I know that isn't saying much, but still, give the man some credit.
You are stupid if you think I have a 'it's cool to hate anything that's popular' attitude. Be serious. You are absolutely pathetic with your reasoning. If I had that attitude I would have expressed my negative thoughts before it was leaked instead of hyping it up to be a 'XXL' like I was. I gave it a chance and it doesn't hold a candle to his previous work.

Be is boring. Common's delivery is boring. Kanye's beats are so uninterested. Jay-Dee isn't at his best. There isn't one stand out track on this album. There isn't one memorable song here. This album is good for relaxing in the sun but this is COMMON - I want more. I have Black Eyed Peas for that.

Bill G said:
You are stupid if you think I have a 'it's cool to hate anything that's popular' attitude. Be serious. You are absolutely pathetic with your reasoning. If I had that attitude I would have expressed my negative thoughts before it was leaked instead of hyping it up to be a 'XXL' like I was. I gave it a chance and it doesn't hold a candle to his previous work.

Be is boring. Common's delivery is boring. Kanye's beats are so uninterested. Jay-Dee isn't at his best. There isn't one stand out track on this album. There isn't one memorable song here. This album is good for relaxing in the sun but this is COMMON - I want more. I have Black Eyed Peas for that.

Everyone entitled to their opinion but i honestly cant see how you think that their aint even ONE stand out track on the album, even worse i dont believe you actually have a black eyed peas album but like they say each to their own. i personally think that the album is str8 fire :thumb:

PACAVELLI said:
Everyone entitled to their opinion but i honestly cant see how you think that their aint even ONE stand out track on the album, even worse i dont believe you actually have a black eyed peas album but like they say each to their own. i personally think that the album is str8 fire :thumb:
1. Where's the "6th Sense"? Were's the "I Used To Love H.E.R", where's the "G.O.D", where's the "Ghetto Heaven"? There are no real stand out tracks on Be. It has catchy beats, but they only cater to Kanye West fans. Soul samples are nice but Common sounds best over more varied instrumentals. The whole album lacks musical value. You can listen to it but it's nothing classic, great or amazing. Common's "Be" = Jay-Z's "Blueprint". His lyrics aren't his best but the beats mesh together and happen to be the in thing right now.

2. Black Eyed Peas made (and often still do make) very good music. I have no idea why the internet hates them. If the internet can accept Kanye and even have the nerve to call his album a classic why can't they do the same for BEP? They aren't great lyricists but they rap with a point and make great music. It's just hypocrisy.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Ive got the retail one for free, is the DVD one worth my money if Ive already got the album?

Keep in mind Im broke as fuck right now . . .

Rukas said:
^^ Yeah I know Ive already got it, but just wondering if I should buy the DVD one. How good is the DVD?
i got the dvd 1 one and its good, he perfroms 'the corners' live as well...deff worth checking out

ahh yeah, whats up with the uk and usa versions, some one on another forum leaked the 'bonus tracks' there was:

The Corner Remix
Again Remix Ft Faith Evans
Enough Beef Ft Chino Xl and Royce da 5'9
The Food The studio Version
Real People - Tingley???

when i bought the uk version i got a verse from kanye on 'It's your world' and a extra track called 'so cool' i didnt get any of the above bonus tracks, can some one clarify them are the Usa bonus tracks?

uhh, the US version didn't get shit for extras unless you bought the Deluxe DVD edition, and all that is a 40 minute interview/live performance dvd. If you can get your hands on a retail Food studio version, please up it though^_

ramza34 said:
uhh, the US version didn't get shit for extras unless you bought the Deluxe DVD edition, and all that is a 40 minute interview/live performance dvd. If you can get your hands on a retail Food studio version, please up it though^_
i got 'The Food' studio version, but its not retail :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.