Bad Boy's new artist can't hold his own in a battle ;)

Whats up yall? I don't know if you have ever heard of Professor. He is a local rapper (from Augusta, GA). He basically controls the hip-hop scene around my city. I was with some of my boys at the mall yesterday and we saw him shopping. They dared me to go up to him and ask him to battle. I love battling and somehow, everytime I'm with these particular friends, I end up battling somebody. Professor was buying some jewelry. So I walked up on him and asked if he wanted to battle. Some of his boys chuckled at the thought of me wanting to battle him. Professor responded with "Are you sure you want to do that cuz?" so I responded with "Psh, I'm not so sure you want to do that!". He didn't tend to like that too much, so he finished buying his jewelry and we moved on. I told him lets battle in the middle of the mall for everybody to see, but he declined, because he said he didn't want to get things too rowdy and he didn't want to get kicked out. So I said, whatever, lets go to the parking lot. So on the way to the parking lot... he has to show off... he stops by Sam Goody to check on his record sales. He basically had me on a goose chase for about 15 minutes and it really pissed me off.

So I told him to bring his ass to the parking lot and lets battle. We got to the parking lot. Me & my boys and him & his boys. He told me to kick it off. I kicked it off and I ripped him a new asshole. He told me I was the best rapper in the city and that I had a great flow. He also couldn't believe I was only 16. He gave me a copy of his cd, Oktane, and come to find out.... the verses he spit at me were verses he spit on tracks 8 & 9 on his album. The sad thing is... everything that came out of my mouth was a freestyle and was 10x more crucial than anything he had to say... and these were his album tracks! So I guess it made me extremely confident about things. But yeah... so I got his number. He wants me to come to his studio and lay something with him.

Also... as he just signed with Bad Boy, he landed an artist deal and a production deal. He also is going to be featured on the upcoming Biggie duets album and he's dropping 16 bars on a track for 8Ball & MJG's upcoming project.

Yall can check him out at his website - http://www.dachamber.com

Professor is big in the South... he's done tracks with Crime Mob, Pastor Troy, Jim Crow, and now he's signed with Bad Boy. So I am glad I had the opportunity to battle with someone of his stature.

But yeah I'm out. I just thought I'd share this story with yall.

Peace and one love

you can go to http://www.soundclick.com/markdeez and check out some of my tracks and freestyles there.

yeah.. i'm gonna go to his studio and drop a few tracks with him, i do believe. we exchanged cd's. i gave him my last mixtape and he gave me his last album. he told me if he liked it, he'd send it on to some label folks.

haha... I couldn't believe I beat him like I did... this guy has been on tour with Nas, Faith Evans, Nelly, and Usher. He looked shocked, so hopefully he wants to get up and do something productive.

Mark Deez said:
haha... I couldn't believe I beat him like I did... this guy has been on tour with Nas, Faith Evans, Nelly, and Usher. He looked shocked, so hopefully he wants to get up and do something productive.
This is funny, because I contacted the Professor over the summer about producing beats for me. But the negotiations didn't go far.

lol... why the fuck would i lie about that? i got the dudes fuckin number from him... if i was to post it... it would say "phat traxx studios/shadow records" on the voicemail

Mark Deez said:
lol... why the fuck would i lie about that? i got the dudes fuckin number from him... if i was to post it... it would say "phat traxx studios/shadow records" on the voicemail
So...let me ask you a question. If you're basically clowning the guy here (I mean, you did put in the thread title he "can't hold his own") and if that's not "clowning", I don't know what is.

Anyway, if you're clowning him for ripping bars off of his record to spit in a battle, why would you hook up with him? I mean, I personally wouldn't work with someone I don't respect.

I'm an underground MC, and there are 3 labels I would NEVER EVER sign with NO MATTER the conditions. Those three labels in order are Bad Boy, Death Row and Murder Inc. Why? Because I have NO RESPECT for any of those three labels. I USED to have respect for Death Row until Suge had Pac killed.

Any other label, I'd sign to. Matter of fact, the guy I've been working with recently had some of Jay Z's people come into meet this female rapper he's working with. I happen to be there at the time and though Jay wasn't, I got to meet some of his people and handed my CD to them.

Good luck in the future Mark. I'm 30 years old and just started rapping actively 3 years ago. I've listened to the music since I was a kid, but I never thought about actually rapping as a career until Eminem blew up. Vanilla Ice had kinda ruined it for white rappers such as myself. But, once Em came in and kinda kicked the door in for white rappers, I have confidence now.

bigCASH said:
how can you judge how good a person's flow is...if they're rapping without a beat
Is BC fo' real here?

Dogg...you don't need no beat to have a flow. That's what freestyling and battling is all about man. If you need a beat to create your own acapella flow...don't get into rap.

you can tell how good a person's flow is without a beat by detecting the rhythm in their vocals, simple as that. i've heard many people rap acapella and i could distinguish that they had tremendous flows. its not hard at all to do.

Hey Deez...Your soundclick page is poppin'

Hey dogg, after I read your thread about you breaking down Oktane in the mall parking lot, as a fellow underground emcee I'm ALWAYS looking for new rappers who are underground or even in that limbo position where you've attained a decent level of local fame and a name that's making big waves underground and you're about to get a chance to go national but you're not there yet.

Either way, I went to your SoundClick page and listened to about 4 or 5 songs. Matter of fact, as I type this, I'm listening to "Down to Brawl". The only thing I do have to comment negatively on...don't let this bruise your ego too much because it's not THAT big a deal. Your overall positives completely outweigh your negatives (which I Haven't heard many really yet). But, anyway, the only song on that page that I listened to that I really didn't dig was Behind Enemy Rhymes. The song as a whole I really don't like, HOWEVER, I do have to admit that I absolutely LOVED the end of Behind Enemy Rhymes. The entire amount of time that you were rapping acapella was just fucking beautiful. LOL, that small part didn't save the rest of the song however, though.

Anyhoo dogg, I've sampled about a total of 8 songs off that Soundclick Page and BER was the only downfall. You have hella talent dogg and not only that, but you're only 16. You are in the rap world and in the rap world, 16 is a baby. You have TONS of time to improve anything you feel the need to improve. Now that I've actually heard your shit, I'm REALLY AMPED about about my own shit and I'm even more interested in negotiating a collabo between us. So, please, respond to my PM.

Keep the good work going, dogg. :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.