Anyone else think that nelly "schoold" krs 1

this isnt a who one the beef thread becuz we all know krs ripped him but if u watch beef 2 nelly lays down some good points about how he isnt the one with guns on his album covers and how krs one tried to diss him to get his name back into the limelight.

anyone agree?

not really....thats definetly NOT why Krs dissed him....

Nelly is an MTV poster boy who thinks music shouldn't involve politics or any form of meaning....which i feel (as does Krs) is completely the opposite of what hiphop is.

peace.

S. Fourteen

not really....thats definetly NOT why Krs dissed him....

Nelly is an MTV poster boy who thinks music shouldn't involve politics or any form of meaning....which i feel (as does Krs) is completely the opposite of what hiphop is.

peace.
Nelly has said 'don't rap about Politics if you want the record to sell'... As for the 'meaning' thing, I think Nelly said something about his music making people happy, that's the meaning... besides that, Nelly raps about real life shit in some of his songs.

So why did KRS One diss Nelly? Because he's pop? Because he makes wack music? Or is it becuase he's #1?

Did Nelly school KRS One? I don't know, both Nelly and KRS One had good points

Who the fuck cares what Krs was or is? I mean everybody talking about him beeing a hip hop legend and therefore can do waht the fuck he wants. The shit Nelly spoked was VERY TRUE. KRS should just shut the fuck up and stop beeing a fucking hypocrit.

Oh and no I don't like Nelly nor KRS, never listen to them, not my taste.

RFTP said:
Who the fuck cares what Krs was or is? I mean everybody talking about him beeing a hip hop legend and therefore can do waht the fuck he wants. The shit Nelly spoked was VERY TRUE. KRS should just shut the fuck up and stop beeing a fucking hypocrit.

Oh and no I don't like Nelly nor KRS, never listen to them, not my taste.
wow so much anger....get a krs album, then come back with those comments :thumb:

krs last couple albums ben kinda whack

like i drops a song called spiritual minded (play on criminal minded, for the kids) about being mature and wanting to see black people do well and disses a guy for making party music

how much depth was there to planet rock by afrikka bambatta, or shit from the sugarhill gang, or ll cool j shit.

then krsone talks aobut dissing artists in the top ten billboard every year..where were the eminem disses..where were the jay-z/dmx disses.

i still say krsone is a better rapper than nelly , but his days are done.

For those of you that believe hip hop should be 100% one way or another, your fucking retarded. Thier are so many sub-genres of hip hop that to say all hip hop should have politics or all hip hop should be club bangers then your sort of ignorant.

"Nelly is an MTV poster boy who thinks music shouldn't involve politics or any form of meaning....which i feel (as does Krs) is completely the opposite of what hiphop is."

So in that case, Nelly is correct because HIS genre of hip hop doesn't have to relate to politics or any of that shit. But in the same sense, KRS is correct because his genre of music is conscience of politics.

Hip hop is split into soooo many different categories thier is no right and wrong. So don't act as if thier is.

Nelly didn't school the teacher.

I respect how Nelly's milking the game but really, KRS is on another level musically, intellectually & spiritually.

The guns - politics/reality.

Limelight - possibly but unlikely.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Nelly didn't school the teacher.

I respect how Nelly's milking the game but really, KRS is on another level musically, intellectually & spiritually.

The guns - politics/reality.

Limelight - possibly but unlikely.

nelly isnt milking the game, he is making money, last time i checked nelly wasnt forcing people to buy his shit, people chose to buy it, the people milking the game are the ones behind the scenes, the old white guys in the back pullin the strings, krs 1 had no reason to diss nelly, all becuz nelly made a song called #1 for a soundtrack about a movie in which denzels character was runnin the shit, why not diss 2pac, krayzie bone,nas, method man, game etc since most of them at some point called themselves number 1, krs knew nelly was about to sell a shit load of albums and prolly felt a little jealous, krs 1 himself isnt number 1 so why would he get so mad about a song.

i dont see how u can say krs is on another level interlectually over nelly since nelly is making money and has his own clothing line etc, sure krs loves hip hop but he doesnt own it, Nelly is just making money.

^
Nelly IS 'milking the game'. He's making money left, right & centre & somehow when I said that I can respect that, you though I was dissing him....I wasn't. I was giving Nelly his props.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
^
Nelly IS 'milking the game'. He's making money left, right & centre & somehow when I said that I can respect that, you though I was dissing him....I wasn't. I was giving Nelly his props.
*aknowledges mistake* SHuT Up MaynE

krsone makes disses top the top 10 in the charts for fun, he doesnt realease them. so he would have disses to eminem,dmx ,etc.
put it this way krsone is 80X more knowledgeable than nelly has or ever will be.
people need to listen to his earlier shit to make judgemetns about whos fallin of or whos wack. go buy the "retrospective" album, kinda like a greatest hits

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online