50cent, remakin massacre news and more!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Will said:
so he fuckin should do the the massacre was bollox, cnt believe any artist has the audacity to put out such shit and expect it to sell

Yeah, how dare he expect it to sell. Because it done so bad. How few copies did it sell again?

whoopdidoo it sold, anything attatched to fifty will sell, but just because it sold a lot does not mean that its a good album. Even fifty cent fans i know were let down by the release and said that it was a terrible album. Album sales don't necessarily correlate the quality of the music.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Will said:
whoopdidoo it sold, anything attatched to fifty will sell, but just because it sold a lot does not mean that its a good album. Even fifty cent fans i know were let down by the release and said that it was a terrible album. Album sales don't necessarily correlate the quality of the music.

When did I say it was a good album. I didn't state any opinion about the albums quality.

You said ....
Will said:
so he fuckin should do the the massacre was bollox, cnt believe any artist has the audacity to put out such shit and expect it to sell
And it sold a shit load. So it seems like it did sell as he expected.

ill-matic

Pittsey said:
And it sold a shit load. So it seems like it did sell as he expected.

Compared with his debut, no, he didn't. GRODT did 11 million, The Massacre has only done about 5 mill. That's nearly a 50% decrease man. He was adamant that he would do the same as GRODT if not more, but he's basically flopped in his eyes. IMO he did flop, considering it's 50% lower than his debut. Does this mean that half his fan base is gone??

^ But, you have to compare how long each one has been out. The Massacre will go diamond, I garauntee it.

50 is real smart, he knows that if he re-releases it, he'll sell more copies, and get more money, and like I've said, thats what it comes down to.

Default MX said:
^ But, you have to compare how long each one has been out. The Massacre will go diamond, I garauntee it.

50 is real smart, he knows that if he re-releases it, he'll sell more copies, and get more money, and like I've said, thats what it comes down to.

it's pretty sad when an awful album like The Massacre goes diamond :(.

just because people here dont like the album doesnt mean its not a good rap album, you have to remember there are alot of fans of hip hop music out there that arent fanatics who chat with each other on 2pac fan boards, alot of these fans just want something that is catchy and sounds good when they are in their cars, at the club, or working out, and in these senses, the massacre is a great album,

-just a lil bit
-disco inferno
-gatman and robbin
-candy shop
-hate it or love it rmx
-baltimore love thing
-get in my car

these are all either singles or potential singles and no matter what you think about the content, they are catchy, so if he wants to re-release the album and do it again, then more power to him

Should be interesting.

I remember Prince re-did one of his albums but it was only available to members of NPGMusicClub. Two of the songs on that album featured Eve.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
ill-matic said:
Compared with his debut, no, he didn't. GRODT did 11 million, The Massacre has only done about 5 mill. That's nearly a 50% decrease man. He was adamant that he would do the same as GRODT if not more, but he's basically flopped in his eyes. IMO he did flop, considering it's 50% lower than his debut. Does this mean that half his fan base is gone??

Check hip-hop sales this year. Who sold more. Album sales on a whole are down. 50 is still the top seller.

jaguardre said:
just because people here dont like the album doesnt mean its not a good rap album, you have to remember there are alot of fans of hip hop music out there that arent fanatics who chat with each other on 2pac fan boards, alot of these fans just want something that is catchy and sounds good when they are in their cars, at the club, or working out, and in these senses, the massacre is a great album,

-just a lil bit
-disco inferno
-gatman and robbin
-candy shop
-hate it or love it rmx
-baltimore love thing
-get in my car

these are all either singles or potential singles and no matter what you think about the content, they are catchy, so if he wants to re-release the album and do it again, then more power to him
Remove Gatman And Robbin and I'll agree.

i take pride knowing that i never have and never will buy a 50 Cent or G-Unit album, thats one soundscan unit those fuckers arent getting

oh -- and i find it embaressing that both 50 Cent and G-Unit get highlighted when i post this, i wonder if that will happen with Talib Kweli

YEAH! OF COURSE NOT GOD DAMIT

A

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Advocate said:
i take pride knowing that i never have and never will buy a 50 Cent or G-Unit album, thats one soundscan unit those fuckers arent getting

oh -- and i find it embaressing that both 50 Cent and G-Unit get highlighted when i post this, i wonder if that will happen with Talib Kweli

YEAH! OF COURSE NOT GOD DAMIT

A

They are highlighted because they have products for sale on streethop. If Kweli had a decent mixtape out maybe he would. Gunit and 50 may not be your cup of tea. But you can't deny their work rate.

ill-matic said:
homie u drunk right ? :rolleyes: grodt did 11 mill in 2 years worldwide how long has massacre been out ???
it came out in february right ? :confused: not sure bout it bt think bout it........ bout 4 months or so ya know.

Will said:

oh this shit will sell, anything with 50 cent on it, will sell, its fucking sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
oh this shit will sell, anything with 50 cent on it, will sell, its fucking sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!!
true...if 50 were to release an album of him doing nothin but reading definitions fron the dictionary, that shit would go diamond, sad 2 say...

_carmi

me, myself & us
50's is smart. he knows it'll sell as much or more and that the remake is a good way to stay on top before his movie. i just find it disgusting that peoplr actually buy 50's stuff because it's from 50 Cent. the massacre is horrible and will probably get diamond when other rappers less known makes album 10x better than 50's shit. its terrible.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.