50 Cent's Massacre Selling Fast

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/nyc-cent0304,0,3224010.story?coll=nyc-manheadlines-music

50 Cent's new recording selling fast

BY LUIS PEREZ
STAFF WRITER

March 3, 2005, 2:11 PM EST

Call him headline-grabber or misfit, rapper 50 Cent's new album was flying off the shelves faster than a hip-hop beat Thursday, just days after a high-profile shooting involving one of his protege's in lower Manhattan.

"This is going to be a classic," said Kyle Megett, 34, an office supervisor who picked up a copy at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square.

"It's got four good tracks and the mystique surrounding everything that's been going on," explained Megett, of Parkchester, who said he also bought a bootleg copy of album Wednesday.

"My friend took it," said Megett, who paid $13.99 for the official version. "So I had to go get myself a copy."

Just as Megett walked off with his prize, a stock worker carrying a pile of the new CD replenished the rack.

On Monday, as 50 Cent was banishing his protege, The Game, on the air on WQHT/97.1, a member of The Game's entourage, Kevin Reed, 20, was shot in the groin in the lobby of the radio station's building. No arrests were made, but police believe the shooter was a member of 50 Cent's entourage.

Later that night, police said, about 10 shots were fired at the facade and lobby of 50 Cent's management company in Manhattan.

50 Cent said on air that he expelled The Game because he wouldn't support rivalries with other rappers. Fifty's fans say it's all part of the hip-hop culture.

"It's not the Beatles," said Jeremy Gottesman, 32, of Bensonhurst, who grabbed a copy on his way to work as an office clerk. "You don't see Elton John going against Paul McCartney. But I like the music."

Other fan's were less forgiving.

"I think he's doing hip-hop wrong," said Rob Segura, 27, a bank clerk from Corona. "The guy has a lot of anger."

Still, Segura maxed out a gift card on the new album at the F.Y.E. music store in Midtown.

"It's like being a fan of Michael Jackson," explained Segura. "You hate Michael for being perceived as a child molester, but at the same time, you love his music."

he was on 106 2day and he said "beef doesn't really sell records...... "in da club" sells records, "P.I.M.P." sells records, "21 questions" sells records" pretty good point.

Kryogenikz said:
he was on 106 2day and he said "beef doesn't really sell records...... "in da club" sells records, "P.I.M.P." sells records, "21 questions" sells records" pretty good point.
Hmmm Publicity also sells records when you know you have no Dr. Dre.

i wouldnt buy it but like i always say no suprise he seeling his albums he got the reputation,the support and the creditentials to sell and he met every goal..no suprise

Kryogenikz said:
of course that's what he will say but its a fact that beef and hype help you sell and creates curiousity to rap fans who will not pay attention unless there are beefs going on. every thread is about 50 and his beefs and notice the timing of his beefs. its common sense. we all know he has very little talent so he creates hype. hes in it for the money and thats all. peace

50 Cent Expected To Sell A Mill

Given that 50 Cent’s sophomore album, The Massacre (G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) was released five days early on Thursday and is on track to sell upwards of a million copies through the weekend, it’s fitting that The Infamous Times, a new quarterly, music-driven DVD news magazine, decided to move up the release date of its debut edition, which tackles the story behind the superstar rapper’s moniker, by five days as well

hitsdailydouble.com

Why Is It Gonna Sell That Much, Because Its The Most Advertised Album In History! They even have commercials on ESPN and thats the first time I have ever seen a rap album advertised there. Anytime you turn on the radio or Television you see an ad or song of the "Massacre" on!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.