50 Cent's LP Pushed Up, Harsh 'Facts' Sound Like Disses On Leaked 'Piggy Bank'

50 Cent's LP Pushed Up, Harsh 'Facts' Sound Like Disses On Leaked 'Piggy Bank'
02.22.2005 5:24 PM EST

Rapper's The Massacre due out five days early thanks to Internet, street leaks.
50 Cent's The Massacre
Photo: Interscope

50 Cent may have missed the original target date of February 15 for the release of his Massacre LP, however, the project is now coming to stores earlier than its rescheduled March 8 release. With the album leaking to the Internet and streets

on Monday, Interscope says to look for the latest 50 Cent LP a few days earlier, on March 3.

The track causing the most stir since the album hit the black market has been the highly anticipated "Piggy Bank." 50 has done a ton of press in advance of the song, telling the world he was going to state "facts" about Fat Joe, Nas, Jadakiss, Ja Rule and Shyne (see "All Eyes On 50 Cent: The Sequel").

What 50 calls "facts" some others will call "disses," as the G-Unit captain raps, "That fat n---a thought 'Lean Back' was 'In Da Club'/ My sh-- sold 11 mil, his sh-- was a dud/ Jada, don't f--- with me if you want to eat/ 'Cause I'll do your little ass like Jay did Mobb Deep."

Later, 50 takes aim at hip-hop's latest newlyweds, scoffing, "Kelis says her milkshake bring all the boys to the yard/ Then Nas went and tattooed the bitch on his arm."

As the record closes, 50 dares anyone who may have caught feelings because of the song to "do something now" — "You gotta so do something/ C'mon, man, everybody's listening."

Fat Joe says he will definitely respond to 50 Cent on his LP, All or Nothing, due March 3 (see "Fat Joe Pushes Back LP, Changes Title To All Or Nothing"). The other parties were unable to be reached for comment.

Watch the premiere of "All Eyes on 50 Cent: The Sequel" Sunday, February 27 at 10 p.m. ET on MTV, and come back to MTVNews.com to read our full feature on 50 that same night.

— Shaheem Reid

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I don't think Piggy Bank was really a diss record. Like it says above, just "harsh truths". Also 50 says at the end that he wants to see how they'll respond, then he'll release his reply (which I took as meaning a proper diss record).

Also in a battle it's about who gets the harshest, not who has more skills. So it
doesn't mean Nas or Jada are gonna win. I think 50 has a pretty good sense of humour so he may suprise a few people. And as always he will be spitting over hot beats.

Pittsey said:
I don't think Piggy Bank was really a diss record. Like it says above, just "harsh truths". Also 50 says at the end that he wants to see how they'll respond, then he'll release his reply (which I took as meaning a proper diss record).

Also in a battle it's about who gets the harshest, not who has more skills. So it
doesn't mean Nas or Jada are gonna win. I think 50 has a pretty good sense of humour so he may suprise a few people. And as always he will be spitting over hot beats.
You make a good point.

Bobby Sands

Im sick of rappers dissin each other over and back on songs.Why dont they just sort it out with a fist fight.They think they r so big and tough but in reality they talk alot of shit.

i didnt think that it was really that good of a diss, i see what ur saying about being "truth" but i thought he woulda come harder but hes probably jus waitin, his album ill drop and a month or so later he will have a diss track back at what ever is thrown at him, it will sell more records and so on

i´m listening to "Back Down" right now, shit this is a diss record, a proper one, i imagine what will be the response to Fat Joe´s diss ...

"ja is my boo"
ya´ll know big thangs comes in small packages Hoooollllaaaaaaaa" ....

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Lol @ 50, he's going to get destroyed it's not even going to be funny anymore. Nas is going to bring an Ether part 2 for sure if this guy doesn't shut his mouth. As far as Fat Joe goes let's hope he brings out some heat, if only Pun was still here, all these fakes would've been put in place like he did earlier with 50. It's situations such as those that we realize that greats such as Pac, Yak, BIG, Pun, and Big L are truly missed.

Peace

Silleone said:
when shyne gets out, he should go to see 50 face to face and make him fix it.
that's only the truth right there....shyne already told ya'll on his cds, he ain't really a rapper, you say something, he's gonna wanna see you on something other than wax...

Piggy Bank is not really a diss record its like 50 says its just a warning shot
This is chess not checkers these are warning shots after your next move i give you what i got , this is smart on 50 behave hes calling out he wants them to respond and then he gone come with something hotter , this dude know what hes doing regardless what motherfuckers think

I agree 50 is just hunting his prey and bringing em' in to this shit and then MAYBE!!! he'll bring out a real diss track, interesting to see but never count out the underdog which is 50 going up against all these heavyweights. I got a feeling that 50 might win a people here and then with his shit.

I think fans needs to stop hyping shit just to stay interested. When word leaked about PiggyBank, like, 6 months ago - it was supposed to be the next "How to rob." And then when shit drops and everyone is disappointed, you shouldn't wonder why.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.