50 Cent to sign Kool G Rap, Beanie Sigel and Lil Scrappy; plans to remodel hip-hop

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
50 Cent may be adding a few more big name artists to his already stellar roster at G-Unit Records. He spilled the beans on Saturday (October 15) during an interview on BBC's Radio 1 Rap Show in London, where he said he may be signing Kool G Rap, Beanie Sigel and Lil' Scrappy.

During the interview with host, Tim Westwood, 50 stated that he plans to remodel hip-hop. And to start off, the aforementioned artists will be next.

"Everybody wants to be affiliated and a part of what we are doing right now 'cause we got the best camp," said 50. "I'm entertaining the idea of Kool G Rap; we talked and had conversations. Beanie Sigel, we talked to Beanie. [And] Lil' Scrappy is coming over to G-Unit."

Although, there is no official word, 50 continues to express interest in possibly adding them to his artist roster.

In addition to 50 scouting new talent, he plans to move some of his newest recruits -- Mobb Deep and Mase -- to corporate positions within his label. And even noted that they will sign new talent as well.

"You'll be seeing, probably Mase moving into a corporate position. You'll see Prodigy and Havoc start signing new artists 'cause they are really experienced artists. In the A&R department, can't nobody A&R better than the actual artists," 50 told Tim Westwood.

But wait, that's not it. 50 has big, bright plans for his G-Unit company. Currently, G-Unit Records is an imprint under the Interscope umbrella, but he plans to branch off on his own with plans of being the next Def Jam Records.

"We getting ready to do something so big," 50 explained. "We are already making up 70% of the black music at Interscope. Eventually, we're just gonna move over, create our own radio staff and everything else -- just move away from it and be the [next] Def Jam."

Aside from running his label, 50 Cent is preparing the release of his big screen debut, "Get Rich Or Die Tryin," along with the film's soundtrack. The film, which is loosely based around his life story, will hit theaters November 9th with the soundtrack dropping the day before.

Source: BallerStatus.

tha day g-unit takes over tha game will be tha day tha game diez...that fool cnt expect any decent rapperz to sign up to him...thats like killin ur rep n ur career

Fuk 50 cent!!! I dont give a fuk who he signs, it wont never make him a better artist. Artist, hu, thats funny, forget i even said that. Kool G Rap is a Legend, Beanie is hella tight, fuk scrappy, fuk mase and fuk everyone except young buck frum tha original roster. and young buck is only ALMOST exceptable. my opinion has nothing to do with jealousy, cus I spit, and 50's rhymes are tha throw away raps I had like 5 fukin years ago! White people who dont know shit about whats real and whats fake(this means not all white people) and dickrydin non talented wannabees are tha only G-Unit supporters i know of. I aint never EVER met nobody real that feels that garbage. so if u down with G Unit, EAT A MUTHAFUKIN DICK AND CHOKE ON IT U BITCH ASS MUTHAFUKA! Cus you contribute to the death of REAL hip hop everytime u even play a bitch made 50 cent song. Now Thats REAL TALK.

GGGGGG-UNOOOOOOOT! 50's old man.. his songs USED to be krzy but now there sooo out. I cant see how hes gonna make another song like in da club or candy shop.

50 used to be a tight rapper but the fame got to him and got full of himself. and now his trying to do the same by signing rappers as Prodigy Havoc MOP. Mobb Deep have been around for yonkers and haven sold out once until now and now 50 fukin sell out cent comes and destroys there rep.there is one thing about the rap game that u need to have and that is Realism , KEEP IT REAL, keep your ryhmes and lyrics REAL. 50 has turned G-Unit into a sell out, and im glad The game got out of there b4 he got caught into it. people tend to forget that

fuck i hate this 50 cent bullshit,
ma$e sold out by signing 2 g-unit.
A good example of how commercial 50 cent is, my 9 year old sister (who is like in love with crappy pop music) and she knows the words to candy shop (i damn smacked her hard when i heard her singing that shit). another is, this 14 year old white chick i was talking 2 was telling me how good 50 cent was, so i said "oh yeh, who r ur 3 fave. artists" and she said "50 Cent, Britney Spears and Mariah Carey". So there u go, 50 cent is in the same league as Britney Spears and Mariah LOL. and if you dont no now u know nigga

That's a matter of preference, only because that chick said she liked Britney Spears, and Mariah does that mean that every1 who likes 50 likes pop shit like that... i bet you that there are people out there that listen to 2pac and also like pop music and other bullshit like that, so don't make points that are totally whack...and besides try asking a guy next time also so u get at least both sides of it...(male and female) let see how many dudes tell you they like Britney and Mariah, other than wanting 2 fuck them...

Shot 21

Shit man. The Hip Hop game will be well and truly over. G Unit is one big sellout. They sell so much because they appeal to pop fans. I dont know any REAL Hip Hop fans who like em. Its so annoying. Everybody who signs to G Unit sells out to Hip Hop. But because they sell so much, 50 Cent might actually be able to do this. None of them will have any respect in the streets but because of the money they will have they will end up being so powerful. And they wont be able to stop bragging about it and using it as a subject in beef. Fuck G Unit they're killing Hip Hop.

50 Cent to sign Kool G Rap, Beanie Sigel and Lil Scrappy; plans to remodel hip-ho

Fuk, cant nobody shot dat asshole? I f i was from usa i would, 4 da luv of the streets n 4 da luv of hip hop.
If he succeedes in his moves he will kill hip hop, defenately. I always loved Kool G Rap music n respected him 4 his legacy, but if he signs to g unit... Damn! I will never more bump his music n look to him with respect, even to his legacy, cause in the end he fuk it all. Damn this is to bad to be happening! If he gains control of the industry, even knowing its fuked up by now, it will get even worst, n worst n worst. Till i stop listening to hip hop. Damn! The world isn't a "candy shop"! N we dont live "in da club"! So how can this guys bump 50? So fake, so stupid, so ignorant, problably like the people dat listen to him.
I miss 2Pac (R u still down? Remember me. Dats da good old times...DAMN).

50 Cent to sign Kool G Rap, Beanie Sigel and Lil Scrappy; plans to remodel hip-ho

yo 50 cent nd g-unit aint fukin rappers, they a band. spit garbage. yea every1 can say thier shit is hot, but its commercial BS. so g-unit nd them are the reason why real talanted rappers are underground. the 1 wit da most talent in dat group is olivia.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.