50 Cent speaks on Game going to Geffen

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
XXL: Let's talk about the Game situation.
50 Cent: Game is on Geffen. He's not on G-Unit or Aftermath anymore. It's all under Interscope still. He just has no participation from Dr. Dre or 50 Cent on his new project.

XXL: That whole Game thing is an interesting situation. Everybody's waiting to see how it plays out with his album.
50 Cent: I don't think it's going to be interesting. I think it's going to be what it was before I wrote his hits. That's the bottom line. I wrote six records for his album, three of them were his first three singles. Can he rap? Yeah. Is he a good songwriter? No.

XXL: Do you still make money off that?
50 Cent: Of course. You think I gave my money away? Me and Dre will still make the same money we would make off the project. It's just no longer on Aftermath or G-Unit.

XXL: But if he's not on your label, how do you make money?
50 Cent: Because Jimmy [Iovine] is the boss. Jimmy says this will stop the confusion, 'cause Dre isn't as vocal. The average person in the general public, they would think the differences between me and Game are cool with Dre, 'cause they didn't hear Dre say anything. And then you look at it like, Game's from the West.

XXL: Does Game know that Dre is not going to be on his album? I mean, the album's supposed to be called The Doctor's Advocate?
50 Cent: He front like the Doctor's Advocate because he tries to stay with Dr. Dre's association so he get the love on the West Coast. That's what he needs. I'll make more money off a Game record every time it comes out than he will. It doesn't bother me if he sells records. I don't believe he will. My morals say every dollar ain't a good dollar. I'm sure we'll never be friends.

I saw this on the net. Dunno if it's even a real interview. Is 50 speaking shit again?

Think_ThuGLiFE said:
His raps are not even that great ... he needs 2 speak clearly when he rymes....
He cant speak any more clearly than what he does. The bullet he took to his jaw messed his speech up a lil. Sometimes when he talks, I really cant understand a few of his words.

As for Game, his new song (One Blood) doesnt even got a real hook, and that reggae dude's voice gets a lil annyoing when hes going "blood, blood, blood, blood, blood...." in between verses.

Shot 21

Crunkadelic said:
He cant speak any more clearly than what he does. The bullet he took to his jaw messed his speech up a lil. Sometimes when he talks, I really cant understand a few of his words.

As for Game, his new song (One Blood) doesnt even got a real hook, and that reggae dude's voice gets a lil annyoing when hes going "blood, blood, blood, blood, blood...." in between verses.
Thats Junior Reid. It samples the Wu Tang Clan song One Blood Under W which of course features Junior Reid.

Can he rap? Yeah. Is he a good songwriter? No.
...says songwriter of the year. Funny thing is that fiddy still believes in the media amplifications.

I'll make more money off a Game record every time it comes out than he will. It doesn't bother me if he sells records. I don't believe he will. My morals say every dollar ain't a good dollar. I'm sure we'll never be friends.
Same old story every time. Wait, I didn't know that 5-0 have any morals. :rolleyes:

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I read the whole interview in XXL. And I have to say, I may not like his music but he always speaks sense to me. And I find him very funny.

50 really started takin it up the poop chute after the release of the massacre...actually, maybe a little before then, when he started dissing d-block and fat joe and all...after that, his rhymes changed....he's much more mellow....he starts to sing for the females now....i guess you can only rap about the hard times for so long.....

if you look at power of the dollar, that was a pretty good album... and everyone says it, but no one really means it, or knows the half of it, but get rich was def. good too....listen to get rich, and then the massacre....two diff styles...POTD and get rich sound alike though, and both are def. the best of 50

since mobb deep's come to g-unit, their style has taken a similar hit...they really blow cock now...prodigy talks about money, havoc talks about shooting random people....who are they beefing with?? youre just firing shots off into the air to start shit with anyone that happens to be flying above you while you're shooting...you're fags...quit it...

50 def. ruined mobb and their style.....its not like mobb modernized...amerikaz nightmare was a pretty sound album too....it's just once they started rapping like 50...well...they started to suck like him too....and i never gave two shits for MOP, but their style has changed drastically...eh..not really...they still yell incoherently....still the same

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
GRODT And The Massacre are similar. The same style, the same subject material. I think they are on a par with each other.

MOBB Deep were the same before and after 50. ie. Shit.

50 Cent doesn't sing anything but the hook. The same as 2pac, Wu Tang, and pretty much any rapper you can name including those you consider hardcore like DMX.

roaches said:
^ What the fuck are you talking about? Stylistically, there is almost no difference between GRODT and The Massacre.

the massacre was garbage...GRODT was not...there has to be a difference...something that made the massacre suck...

50 changed his style with the massacre....the beats were garbage and he started singing instead of rapping....do you not see something wrong with that "god gave me" song? in the massacre, he rarely mentions the streets...did get rich have a club song apart from in da club? the massacre is full of all taht singing crap....50 did change...GRODT did have quite a few tracks from his previous albums...about 5 or 6 of them were...lifes on the line, gotta make it, you not like me, bloodhound...were those not the good songs? he just tacked on garbage like pimp and 21 questions....the massacre was nothing but those "tacked on" songs...

tennis_dog said:
the massacre was garbage...GRODT was not...there has to be a difference...something that made the massacre suck...

50 changed his style with the massacre....the beats were garbage and he started singing instead of rapping....do you not see something wrong with that "god gave me" song? in the massacre, he rarely mentions the streets...did get rich have a club song apart from in da club? the massacre is full of all taht singing crap....50 did change...GRODT did have quite a few tracks from his previous albums...about 5 or 6 of them were...lifes on the line, gotta make it, you not like me, bloodhound...were those not the good songs? he just tacked on garbage like pimp and 21 questions....the massacre was nothing but those "tacked on" songs...
word

Pittsey said:
GRODT And The Massacre are similar. The same style, the same subject material. I think they are on a par with each other.

MOBB Deep were the same before and after 50. ie. Shit.

50 Cent doesn't sing anything but the hook. The same as 2pac, Wu Tang, and pretty much any rapper you can name including those you consider hardcore like DMX.
mobb deep amerikaz nightmare was better then the g-unit bullshit they put out

DUB CEE said:
exactly....can you compare blood money to the infamous?? you cant...blood money, though is only the second to worst album...infamy has got the be steaming pile of shit...

bottom line, 50 changed, and now he's gonna become a ja rule..except ja rule was never gangsta to begin with...but 50's gonna be singing for the ladies now...keyword being singing...what a faerie..

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DUB CEE said:

I always thought M O B B were shit. Still do. Can't see what difference G-Unit makes. They had 1 decent track ever, "Shook One's ". That is it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.