50 Cent Sales 1.1 Mill In 4 Days

makaveli_411 said:
Damn he's been breaking records even though he's hated by almost everyone in the industry. I can't believe he can keep up with such consistency regarding album sales. Let's see what will happen when his next LP comes out, if he gets as much exposure as with this one seeing that he'll probably leave Aftermath and won't get Dre to produce as much as he is right now.

Peace

50 a business man, leaving aftermath/shady wouldnt be good for buisness. I think he'll stay. Be stupid to leave given that you got Dr.Dre/Em fans buying your shit now just cuz your on aftermath/and cool with Em and Dre.

Thats why the whole game/50 beef is one of the dumbest beefs ever. Believe that

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
makaveli_411 said:
Damn he's been breaking records even though he's hated by almost everyone in the industry.
me and my boy was talkin bout how sum shit has to be goin on. aint this now like the fastest sellin cd, of all genres, of all time? me and my boy was talkin bout how sumthin has 2 be up. we've had our ear to shit and everythin and this hype wasnt even Near the hype for his first shit, even games shit was more hyped than this. so how the hell does this happen and who the hell is buyin the shti? :confused:

I boycotted it for the first couple weeks. I don't like his attitude, and I was hoping that I wouldn't be the only one to boycott it. Apparently I was. The albums alright, it's front heavy, not much on the later tracks.

Basically, you don't have to like the man (like I don't like the man) but you have to respect the way he moves units, no matter how shameless it is. 1.1 is a huge number in almost a half week, and considering probably 35% of the fans probably thought the album dropped today, that's an amazing number. It's possible that he could do 2 million in 11 days.

These sales have to be better than his first album. This is amazing. I am sure Usher didn't do this well.

It's possible that he could do 2 million in 11 days.
That'd would be mindboggling.

Here's something interesting:

Michael Jackson sold 7 million copies of "History" (released in 1995) in one week. That's nuts, right? The King Lives.

H.E. Pennypacker said:
These sales have to be better than his first album. This is amazing. I am sure Usher didn't do this well.

That'd would be mindboggling.

Here's something interesting:

Michael Jackson sold 7 million copies of "History" (released in 1995) in one week. That's nuts, right? The King Lives.
Not in America he didn't, and I'm pretty sure, 99% sure he didn't sell that much worldwide in 1 week either because History itself on it's entire run only went 7X Plat. So that information your presenting is wrong without a doubt.

RapAlot89 said:
Not in America he didn't, and I'm pretty sure, 99% sure he didn't sell that much worldwide in 1 week either because History itself on it's entire run only went 7X Plat. So that information your presenting is wrong without a doubt.
I am not kidding. History did 7 mil in one week world-wide. Those facts of yours are blatantly wrong. Its damn near impossible for any Michael Jackson album to have sold 7 mil in its entire run. Even the DVD of his latest release, Number Ones, has sold 8 million, and that is only in Australia.

http://mjjsource.com/main/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=409&sectionid=1&Itemid=45

I'll look for a source on the 7 million figure.

I been havin this cd on bootleg for like 3 weeks..
I just went out, and bought a real copy... Why?
Cus this cd is FIRE!
Every song with the exception of 2 are HOT!
The 2 i was not feelin to much are not bad they just aint on the level of the rest of the cd...
50 got the game on lock right now, and it wouldnt be good for anyone to reply cus people like 50, and look what happen to JA.... Unless Jada wants to have his career end he should just let the beef slide...
Same for Fat Joe... Shyne tho id like to see go at 50...
I think them two would be a good battle...
Nas shouldnt even involve himself.. Its clear that 50 is better friends with Jay Z, and not Nas..
Nas just needs to retire anyway lol
but anyway the cd is hot.... Good job 50!
Cant wait till cd 3!

Only question tho is Why no dvd on this one?
lol i loved how the first brought it, and shit....
Oh well...

ARon

That means there are 1.1 million dumb ass people in america right now, cus that album wasnt that good at all. Not hatin at all either, it leaves me speechless that something that is so mediocre gets these numbers, just goes to show that people buy marketing and promotion not talent.

^^YEP... It is already a known fact that jimmy irvine buys his own artists albums in large numbers, however it is not clear how many. 50 would have least sold 600k but no way near as much as 1.1. Thats stupid to believe that. It isn't even christmas or easter. Jay Z did the same thing with The Black Album. WHy wouldn't you buy AT LEAST 300k albums if you were jimmy. He is very wealthy and it is a smart business plan. It puts you in as number one. You are bound to make double of that just through word of mouth, news reports of your sales and constant promotion in the CD stores being listed as number 1. I don't know why people are so ignorant towards this fact. Candy Shop got old fast and damn disco inferno wasn't even played at decent clubs. Damn 50 is a medicore artist, obviously appealing to young kids and wanna be gangstas but he couldn't move 1.1 in 4 DAYS. LOL

ARon

I could care less if he sells 2.2 million in 4 days, people do that who cares, 50 is one of those artists in it for sales so, if Disco Inferno is a hit why wont something that sounds almost the same be one too. The album, just mediocore lyrics put on some good beats, mostly generic beats that sound "good." Not impressed at all but my fault to think i would be. When will artists start being an artist.

ThaJackal said:
I been havin this cd on bootleg for like 3 weeks..
I just went out, and bought a real copy... Why?
Cus this cd is FIRE!
Every song with the exception of 2 are HOT!
The 2 i was not feelin to much are not bad they just aint on the level of the rest of the cd...
50 got the game on lock right now, and it wouldnt be good for anyone to reply cus people like 50, and look what happen to JA.... Unless Jada wants to have his career end he should just let the beef slide...
Same for Fat Joe... Shyne tho id like to see go at 50...
I think them two would be a good battle...
Nas shouldnt even involve himself.. Its clear that 50 is better friends with Jay Z, and not Nas..
Nas just needs to retire anyway lol
but anyway the cd is hot.... Good job 50!
Cant wait till cd 3!

Only question tho is Why no dvd on this one?
lol i loved how the first brought it, and shit....
Oh well...
buahahahah nas to be retired lol i think u are from these boys that wanna be real p.i.m.p.'s and gangstas :cool:
ou and by the way u can't wait till cd 3 but this is cd 3 or you think that get rich or dye trying is the debut of 50 :rolleyes:

Damn weather you like him or not you gotta give him credit...pushing those numbers with the limited amount of talent he posesses is amazing. It does make you wonder what the hell is going on when a mediocre artist like him can sell those numbers. Problem is is that all this is only going to add to his already huge ego! Oh well...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.